What's new

American Thoughts on Living in India

@Shatterpoint

Obviously you know nothing about South Asia. Poor here is not innocent, some of them are drug dealers. If you give them money they might follow you home threatning to kill you if you don't empty out your pockets. I'd advise your children not to go near them.

Jello dragon in the west we call them junkies, and yes my kids don;t go anywhere near them even here in the West, but not all poor are drug dealers and rapist etc.

what are his thoughts on defecting in public ? ?

I have posted a thread on this, it's disgusting obviously and India needs to start taking public health seriously.

It's not safe. Especialy when you look like a tourist they will definently think you are naive and stupid... Maybe they will overprice you... Check for magnets underneath the weight scale when you are buying your groceries... If you find any don't say anything just say you don't want to buy and move on... If people start following you then you should run away... never go out in night when there iis no electricity... Always boil water before drinking... Keep in mind that your children will have alot of lice when you come back because of the water. Never eat anything on the roadside (only because you are foreigner :D), don't go in public beaches, they are disgusting..

Jellodragon we will stand out obviously, we are white, the two daughters are blonde etc, but yeah I doubt many of the things you say.

Jellodragon we will stand out obviously, we are white, the two daughters are blonde etc, but yeah I doubt many of the things you say.
Dont listen to him as for buying groceries there are plenty of wallmart kind of stores around go to them as for water you will find packed water in every shop for overpricing there is mrp on every thing then dont go out in night go to bombay you will se girls wearing shorts and roaming even at 3 am no one even looks at you

Hi Shatterpoint,

There is some truth in jellodragon's advisory but I think he is just here to troll. I have a question for you with current situation in Pakistan would you consider going there?

And for the lice even 3 star hotels have water softeners at place so dont worry though he is right about road side food

@Zoro

Why bring Pakistan into everything? Everything I said is true in every South Asian nation why do you act like its a insult?

@jellodragon

First I would like to ask have you visited India? I want to know since you are giving such good advisories. Next I was just curious how westerns think about the situation in Pakistan that is all.

Hi Shatterpoint,

There is some truth in jellodragon's advisory but I think he is just here to troll. I have a question for you with current situation in Pakistan would you consider going there?

Do you really think I would go anywhere near Pakistan? I have my family with me and I don't think I would take that sort of risk. Yes we might get ripped off etc, but people get ripped off all over the world, yes the street vendors might charge us $2 more but for those people that $2 could help them feed their family.

I want my kids to see that there are millions of people around the world who have nothing, but still smile at you and are good people, I don;t give a **** if a taxi driver charges us $5 extra, at least I know that his family and kids will have a meal, it's not like they are ripping me off by thousands of dollars.

Do you really think I would go anywhere near Pakistan? I have my family with me and I don't think I would take that sort of risk. Yes we might get ripped off etc, but people get ripped off all over the world, yes the street vendors might charge us $2 more but for those people that $2 could help them feed their family.

I want my kids to see that there are millions of people around the world who have nothing, but still smile at you and are good people, I don;t give a **** if a taxi driver charges us $5 extra, at least I know that his family and kids will have a meal, it's not like they are ripping me off by thousands of dollars.

Good Attitude man. Welcome to India. If you are visiting Tamil Nadu visit Otty,Kodaikanal and Kotgiri they are very nice hill stations. And Munnar in Kerala is also nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom