What's new

American-born Eileen Gu wins Olympic gold medal for China

Don't think anyone at Harvard would have any problem with her that she needs to explain her way out of. But that is an isolated bubble. There are plenty vengeful fanatics out there nowadays that has a score to settle and a statement to make.
There are always crazy people. That is why famous people hire their own security and police can also assign some security for them if threats are open. Welcome to the human world.

If one has something significant to contribute and is willing, then one doesn't even need to be Chinese at all to be granted citizenship there. And actually no, those with one parent being Chinese and is born in China is a Chinese national. China just doesn't have a birthright law. Now if the country of birth doesn't have a birthright law either, then when one of the parents is Chinese national, the child is also a Chinese national.
That is on paper. The practice can be quite different. Many years ago, I read some Chinese woman's account on applying Chinese passport overseas for her newborn. She married to an Indian. China embassy simply refused to grant the Chinese citizenship to her child. In the end, her child got Indian citizenship fairly smoothly. Apparently, as a regular person, you were a hassle to China government. That is when one-child policy was in "vogue".

Last edited:
There are always crazy people. That is why famous people hire their own security and police can also assign some security for them if threats are open. Welcome to the human world.

Lol. Crazy people with guns. Famous people aplenty. But famous college students? Not nearly as many. One that has triggered many fanatics? An easy target that stands out I'll say.

That is on paper. The practice can be quite different. Many years ago, I read some Chinese woman's account on applying Chinese passport overseas for her newborn. She married to an Indian. China embassy simply refused to grant the Chinese citizenship to her child. In the end, her child got Indian citizenship fairly smoothly. Apparently, as a regular person, you were a hassle to China government. That is when one-child policy was in "vogue".

You missed the part where India has birthright citizenship law.

Lol. Crazy people with guns. Famous people aplenty. But famous college students? Not nearly as many. One that has triggered many fanatics? An easy target that stands out I'll say.
I think we Chinese are trained by CCP to fear for guns. Most leftists will tell you how terrible guns are. None of them encourage you to use it defend yourself since docile obedience is the key ingredient for their social engineering and they always promise you that they will protect your security.

Nevertheless, I don't worry about her safety. I am sure her parents know it better than I do.

About that citizenship law thing, you didn't pay attention. She was a Chinese and of Chinese nationality. According to what you have described, China government should grant her child Chinese citizenship. That was the reason why she applied in the first place. They didn't.

It doesn't really matter. China, like most countries in the world, is not a country imbued in the spirit of rule-of-law. The primary purpose of its laws is to ensure country's stability and social harmony, not to enforce some abstract concept of right or justice. Self-contradictory decisions or actions are perfectly fine with Chinese. In each case, the decision mostly rests on the trade-off government makes to maximize whatever it deems to be more important. Examples like that are abound. For example, nowadays, government views social harmony is very important. Therefore, anyone who can throw a public tantrum is more likely to get what he wants than anyone who quietly follows the procedure of law. A group of people together commit some heinous crime are more likely to be punished lightly, if at all, than some individual. Etc, etc.
all the same in the west too, law is expandable, look at Huawei Meng's case in Canada and USA, rule of law is just bullshit to a large extent. don't always dark talk china as if you have something against it !

all the same in the west too, law is expandable, look at Huawei Meng's case in Canada and USA, rule of law is just bullshit to a large extent. don't always dark talk china as if you have something against it !
The west at least has clearly stated the intention to uphold the rule of law and their laws are based on abstract concepts. For political cases, they make sure they leave enough loopholes to mend if needed, like Meng's case. So, even in Meng's case, there is no violation of the rule of laws because the decisions are all within the framework of laws.

China has no such an intention at all. In fact, it is on public record that the real intention for making laws and the legal system is to have an appearance of rule-of-law. CCP despises the rule of laws and thinks it is just some crap invented by bourgeois (aka. capitalists). All they want is coercive force that they can use to punish their enemies, which are also dubbed at people's enemies. That is how they justify their actions.

No country is perfect. But regarding the rule of laws, the west is ages ahead of China. The latter has little intention to catch up in this area.

I think we Chinese are trained by CCP to fear for guns. Most leftists will tell you how terrible guns are. None of them encourage you to use it defend yourself since docile obedience is the key ingredient for their social engineering and they always promise you that they will protect your security.

Nevertheless, I don't worry about her safety. I am sure her parents know it better than I do.

About that citizenship law thing, you didn't pay attention. She was a Chinese and of Chinese nationality. According to what you have described, China government should grant her child Chinese citizenship. That was the reason why she applied in the first place. They didn't.
You obviously know nothing about Nationality Law.

Whether in China or USA, Gu ailing can apply for a passport before the ages of 18, not nationality. China allows children under the age of 18 (Gu ailing turns 18 on September 3, 2021) to have two passports. But this does not mean dual nationality, it is just two countries waiting for the child to confirm (and choose) her nationality after she reaches adulthood at the age of 18.
So both passports will expire when she turns 18. Within six months after September 3, 2021, Gu ailing must renew her travel documents, which means she must choose her nationality.
If she applies for a U.S. passport, it means that she confirms that she has U.S. citizenship. However, between September 3, 2021 and March 3, 2022, there was no news that Gu ailing re obtained a U.S. passport and confirmed to obtain U.S. citizenship. On the contrary, only the news said that Gu ailing applied for a Chinese passport and confirmed her acquisition of Chinese nationality. She gave up her American nationality. This means that Gu ailing denied that she had nationality before the age of 18.
So according to U.S. law, Gu ailing does not need to apply for renunciation of U.S. citizenship. Because she didn't have American nationality from the beginning.

It has not the fear of gun, but rather the fear of gun in hands of crazed fanatics. And of course the concern is that her parents living in the SF bubble does not know better.

On the citizenship issue, read carefully what I wrote. For anyone born oversea whose parents are Chinese citizens, even if both are, the country must not have a birthright law that automatically grants citizenship to the newborn.

It has not the fear of gun, but rather the fear of gun in hands of crazed fanatics. And of course the concern is that her parents living in the SF bubble does not know better.

On the citizenship issue, read carefully what I wrote. For anyone born oversea whose parents are Chinese citizens, even if both are, the country must not have a birthright law that automatically grants citizenship to the newborn.
Yet, nobody talks about banning knives after some crazy person kills many children with that in one swoop. Why are guns so special?

And in her case, they were actually in Saudi. None of them were Saudi citizens and then Saudi didn't have birthright law. So, she has to either apply for either Chinese passport or Indian passport.

So Australia, Germany, Sweden, Singapore and all the other countries who ban or strongly restrict guns are fearful.

Meanwhile Yemen, Iraq and Afghanistan are the epitome of freedom.

What you said can only happen before 2002. Before 2002, the Chinese ambassador did have a lot of room to decide whether to recognize the child's nationality. However, after 2002, China has a clear nationality law. The child can't have Chinese nationality until he turns 18. He can only have a Chinese passport. Moreover, her mother can't choose his nationality instead of him. He must apply for Chinese nationality within six months after he reaches the age of 18. Failure to apply is tantamount to giving up Chinese nationality automatically.

Yet, nobody talks about banning knives after some crazy person kills many children with that in one swoop. Why are guns so special?

And in her case, they were actually in Saudi. None of them were Saudi citizens and then Saudi didn't have birthright law. So, she has to either apply for either Chinese passport or Indian passport.

Yes, you said it yourself, knives wielding crazies attacking children. I'm pretty sure Gu will be able to outrun any assailant holding a knife.

Very likely someone is going to hurt her and she might end up some martyr for white racism and extremism which galvanises the people against white supremacism

Do you really think knives and guns are one level of weapons? Do you think China should allow the use of guns if it allows the use of knives?

Since the United Nations allows all countries to manufacture weapons, the United Nations should allow other countries to manufacture nuclear weapons.

The west at least has clearly stated the intention to uphold the rule of law and their laws are based on abstract concepts. For political cases, they make sure they leave enough loopholes to mend if needed, like Meng's case. So, even in Meng's case, there is no violation of the rule of laws because the decisions are all within the framework of laws.

China has no such an intention at all. In fact, it is on public record that the real intention for making laws and the legal system is to have an appearance of rule-of-law. CCP despises the rule of laws and thinks it is just some crap invented by bourgeois (aka. capitalists). All they want is coercive force that they can use to punish their enemies, which are also dubbed at people's enemies. That is how they justify their actions.

No country is perfect. But regarding the rule of laws, the west is ages ahead of China. The latter has little intention to catch up in this area.
So much for the abstract ,just bullshit ! In Meng's case, everyone knew that she didn't violate Canada's law in doing business with Iran because there are no Canadian laws banning Canadians doing business with Iran. Yet the judge in the first place blatantly broke the law and said that "USA's law" is indeed applicable to Meng's case, what a joke ! If Meng then indeed violated Canadian law, but why when Canada's master USA ordered the court in BC to release Meng, Canada just released her without any hesitation and question, where is your bullshit of "rule of law" ?The west is just totally hypocritical and evil just like they made up the Uygher genocide stories in China in order to advance their evil designs on China. You have grudge against China that's why probably you left there, but you don't have to to kiss up to the whiteman's a** and lies all the time, as we all know the west including Canada is not crystal snow white pure, indeed it's quite dark and ugly even in their own societies, take the ugly racial hatred and discrimination against colored people we all know and the genocidal mass murders of Native kids just happened recently, not to mention they constantly wedge wars on other innocent countries and commit mass murders of other people around the world all the time. The west should be ashamed of themselves for committing mass murders and slavery of other races in the world in the past centuries and still going on now ! The west have the moral audacity to pride themselves unashamedly as the beacon of world human rights, civilized, free and humanity, just thick face white man with no shame !

Last edited:
Dude why?
Society won't treat her nicely and someone might even attack her

Really really dumb move IMHO
Alec Baldwin once said if Bush becomes president he will leave United States, he hasn't been attacked yet !

Back
Top Bottom