What's new

American-born Eileen Gu wins Olympic gold medal for China

Actually most of the perpetrators are minority. There is nothing MAGA about that !
I am not a white person comrade !

I am happy for her, hope things work out for as she wants to !!

White apologists are the absolute worst. Especially when they are minorities.

She also got US citizenship. A perfect win-win for her. She can go either way however she feels.

This is also the mainstream opinion on the Chinese Internet, but there is no evidence.

China does not recognize dual nationality. In the long run, she can only choose one nationality.

But anyway, she's already got both fame and fortune.

She also got US citizenship. A perfect win-win for her. She can go either way however she feels.

You would encounter difficulties with this line of reasoning when concerning Uyghur. After all, Uyghurs and Han Chinese are both considered Chinese exactly because of that human-created nation state called China.

This is also the mainstream opinion on the Chinese Internet, but there is no evidence.

China does not recognize dual nationality. In the long run, she can only choose one nationality.

But anyway, she's already got both fame and fortune.

China does not allow adults over the age of 18 to have dual nationality. Why do some people think Gu ailing still has American nationality? This is a CNN report. Gu Ailing has given up her U.S. citizenship.

IMG_20220209_113726.jpg

1, According to China's nationality law, Chinese children born abroad can have two passports before the age of 18, but they must give up one after the age of 18. In other words, adult Chinese are not allowed to have dual nationality, and overseas Chinese under the age of 18 can not make a choice for the time being.

2, Gu Ailing's mother and father are high-end elites. Her mother works on Wall Street with a high income and a broad social circle, her mother is definitely not what you call a closed Chinese woman. Gu Ailing has always received top education, Gu Ailing has studied equestrian, skiing, golf, tennis, fencing and so on.

3, I admit that her mother has long made arrangements for Gu Ailing's country. According to China's entry records, Gu Ailing has lived in Beijing for nearly 100 days every summer since she was 5 years old. She has a huge social circle in Beijing, and she can speak fluent Beijing dialect. Before she gave up her U.S. citizenship at the age of 16 (U.S. law does not allow children under the age of 15 to give up their U.S. citizenship), she had lived in her residence in Beijing for 11 years. Gu Ailing's mother even let Gu ailing receive primary education in China, which makes her have Chinese people learning habits. Of course, she also has a long time to train and study in USA every year.

4, I admit that I underestimated the anger of Americans over this matter, but Gu ailing doesn't have only one choice. She can still go to European universities for study and training, and Beijing is not a suitable place for winter sports.

Gu Ailing's mother has a high income. Gu Ailing has a rich family. She likes a variety of sports, not just skiing.

View attachment 814043

View attachment 814044

View attachment 814045

View attachment 814046
That might be the case. But she obviously lives in a bubble because she doesn't understand the hostility that her daughter will face once she gets back to the US. A lot of people who live in these elitist liberal bubbles are very out of touch with the real America.

Chinese back then might have some justification to feel the sense of betrayal, as those Chinese athletes were trained by the government with tax they paid. Americans' outrage against Eileen Gu puzzles me though.

Eileen was born and raised in the US. She was trained and honed by American coaches. She even competed for the American team before. So it's exactly the same situation as the Chinese who played for other countries.

They in fact do know Xi's daughter. I don't think they are opportunistic. They do not have crystal ball to know China 20 years later will be that strong after Eileen was born. She is groom from very young to have a strong Chinese background.

Before the trade war, Xi was also strongly pro-US.

After the trade war to the verge of a nuclear war, everything has changed.

I dont think he is pro US, he send his daughter to study the enemy. While the enemy knows zero way to handle rising China since they top leader has zero people to fully understand how CPC works.

Xi JinPing's initial resume was that he was assigned by the Central Military Commission to serve as local officials. When he served as local officials at all levels, he also served as military officials. Obviously, Xi is a representative of the military, and his biggest supporters come from the military. Military officials are usually hawks and leftists, Xi can't be an exception, he won't be a pro american.

Then why come back to the US to attend university and live/study here?
California is fine I guess, west coast libertards tend to be more tolerant than those from, say, Massachusetts.

its also close to her childhood home and friends

Back
Top Bottom