What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Russia Considers Blocking NATO Supply Routes

BY ALAN CULLISON
MOSCOW—Russia said it may not let NATO use its territory to supply troops in Afghanistan if the alliance doesn't seriously consider its objections to a U.S.-led missile shield for Europe, Russia's ambassador to NATO said Monday.

Russia has stepped up its objections to the antimissile system in Europe, threatening last week to deploy its own ballistic missiles on the border of the European Union to counter the move.

Russia Considers Blocking NATO Supply Routes - WSJ.com

Russia Threatens To Cut Off NATO Afghanistan Transit | EurasiaNet.org

Very good news. Pakistan and Russia need to enhance cooperation with each other against NATO.

from this news i remember khar te;lephoning chinese and russians to talk about the matter, looks like as pakistan is too weak to take a stance, russia is backing it

indians jelly??:cheesy:

@ bilalhaider....Athar abbas is quoted as saying the two checkposts "Volcano" and "Golden" were in a ridge in Mohmand 300 yards from the border and I have also given the link.

If you still choose not to believe that it is not my concern. Just remember what I said when the final report comes out and don't be surprised.

Yesterday I was saying wait for one more day till more sources come out, now they are coming out in unison with the "self-defence" when fired upon chorus. This is how the NATO version will turn up and this is how your own Army will close the chapter.

EDIT: - the link I gave is the most recent one updated just 10hrs ago while the links you gave are older than that.

@ bilalhaider....Athar abbas is quoted as saying the two checkposts "Volcano" and "Golden" were in a ridge in Mohmand 300 yards from the border and I have also given the link.

If you still choose not to believe that it is not my concern. Just remember what I said when the final report comes out and don't be surprised.

Yesterday I was saying wait for one more day till more sources come out, now they are coming out in unison with the "self-defence" when fired upon chorus. This is how the NATO version will turn up.

I have already predicted that ISPR will slowly retract many of the statements it has made regarding the facts about this incident.

I said earlier that Russia will do hard bargaining and it’s fact that most of NATO's supply is going through the Pakistan route , the US mil officers lied to the Senators that its 35%

I have already predicted that ISPR will slowly retract many of the statements it has made regarding the facts about this incident.

I know the emotions run high and maybe that is why the refusal to look at things that don't support the popular version of events.

However strong hints have already been thrown of what would be the final conclusion of this sad episode. They just need time.

I said earlier that Russia will do hard bargaining and it’s fact that most of NATO's supply is going through the Pakistan route , the US mil officers lied to the Senators that its 35%

Russia does not allow military supplies and oil supplies for NATO to go through its territory, and it never will as Russia-US relations are not going to get better anytime soon.

The military supplies and oil supplies goes through Pakistan, and once you cut that, NATO will be out of our region before New Years Day January 1, 2012.

Pakistan cannot count on the Russian anymore than on anybody else in this situation.

These UAE sheikhs are the worst of the worse , they used this air strip for their trips to Pakistan for Bustard hunting , then they handed this over to the US and we the Pakistanis took the responsibility for it.

No, you have not given the link where General Abbas said the posts were 300 yards away from the border.

If you still choose not to believe that it is not my concern.

If you believe General Abbas's statement to be true, then you also have to believe his statement that the attack on Pakistani troops was an act of unprovoked aggression from NATO Forces.

Just remember what I said when the final report comes out and don't be surprised.

Why would I be surprised? None of the narratives coming out by anyone have supported your claims that Afghan/NATO Forces crossed into Pakistani territory.

I know the emotions run high and maybe that is why the refusal to look at things that don't support the popular version of events.

However strong hints have already been thrown of what would be the final conclusion of this sad episode. They just need time.

Sadly, this is not the first time, nor the last, that emotionalism cost Pakistan dearly what could have been saved by thinking logically.

Pakistan cannot count on the Russian anymore than on anybody else in this situation.

We are on our own and that’s the way it will be but Russians have a score to settle with NATO.
Russia also has ambitions and if in some way our interests align against a common enemy them I welcome it any time

If General Abbas's statement that the posts were 300 yards from the Afghan border is the popular version of events, then so is his statement that the attack on Pakistani troops was an act of unprovoked aggression from the NATO Forces. I would be happy to agree with the 'popular version of events' aka General Abbas's statements.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Has it started retracting any of its statements already? Which ones would they be?

Has it started retracting any of its statements already? Which ones would they be?

It will be quite evident soon enough, when a "resolution" will come about and supply routes and drone attacks resume.

Back
Top Bottom