What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

I'm sure that would send out a good message to the world.

The world is not just white , anglo-saxon and protestant ... its a bit more than that

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

A mob storming the embassy would be foolish in the extreme. A more civilized and effective way would be recall the Pakistani ambassador, and declare the US ambassador a persona non grata. That is how the game is played, but only as a last resort.

Did I miss a declaration of war or are you just blowing off steam? :D

you are too thick ( or perphas too much of a weasal ) to read the writing on the wall ... its the cowardly nature of this enemy to pretend to be an ally only to attack us , kill us and then rub it in our faces ... if this is not a declaration of war then I dont know what will be

A few nice words, a shovelful of dollars, and a pat on the back, and everything will be fine?

Does that sound familiar?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Not at all, given that Pakistan is much more than you or I.

(Please see the above response: THAT, Sir, is the reality, describe it any way you prefer. :D

It would be fine if these actions are not repeated and families of the deceased are compensated by the offending party. Pakistan is not itching to get into a war with the ISAF.

If anything, Pakistan is attempting her best to keep the tensions from flaring. It does not take much for a pissed off Lt/2Lt to get his section to chew up some from the other side to level set without realizing the ramifications. The same goes for getting the PAF involved after a firefight. In most cases, the terrain in the FATA is extremely difficult for any radar to provide coverage on and PA and the ISAF have had some challenges with it. Secondly, the PAF cannot get involved with the highest political clearance. As involving air power on our end will definitely cause the stakes to be raised immensely and make us vulnerable to more attacks.

Fatal NATO raid in Pakistan likely a case of mistaken ID by US, Afghan forces

WASHINGTON - U.S. officials believe a case of mistaken identity may have led to the deadliest case of friendly fire with Pakistan since the Afghanistan war began.

The Associated Press has learned details of the raid, which began when a joint U.S.-Afghan special operations team was attacked by militants in Afghanistan.

They called for air strikes, which killed up to 25 Pakistani soldiers at a border post inside Pakistan.

According to U.S. military records, the joint U.S.-Afghan patrol checked with the Pakistanis before returning fire. Officials described the records on condition of anonymity to discuss classified matters.

Hunting the escaped militants two hours later, the U.S. commander spotted what he thought was a militant encampment, and called for the deadly air strikes. That encampment was apparently the Pakistani base.

google earth over view of shamsi air base and u can even see the drones in this video . . . . @1:30

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is not just white , anglo-saxon and protestant ... its a bit more than that
Violence against an embassy?? It's like shooting the messenger. A form of cowardice, like VCheng said if you want to do that then do it diplomatically. Besides I suspect the US embassy will be in high demand in regards to the current situation.
This isn't a 'race vs race' issue. The west is full of loads of different ethnicities, living in harmony for the most part.
The UK is now very secular and besides a lot of the rest of europe is catholic. I just can't....that was such a bad reply from you.

NATO - NORTH ATLANTIC TERRORIST ORGANIZATION

090404-FranceStrasbourgAntiNATO-08.jpg

use this in your avatar.

images

a very interesting video, a journalist think that nato attacked was launched from both ground and air??, he said, the soldiers were killed by ground forces, and air attack was to support the ground attack, he refered to the memo in which zardari had allowed americans ground attacks if they had accepted the deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Violence against an embassy?? It's like shooting the messenger. A form of cowardice, like VCheng said if you want to do that then do it diplomatically. Besides I suspect the US embassy will be in high demand in regards to the current situation.
This isn't a 'race vs race' issue. The west is full of loads of different ethnicities, living in harmony for the most part.
The UK is now very secular and besides a lot of the rest of europe is catholic. I just can't....that was such a bad reply from you.

I dont know how old you are but some times to see whats wrong the picture ( of which you are a part of ) you have to step out and stand at a distance to see what wrong with it .... you'll never realise what's wrong with the picture so long as you are part of it.

My reply may have seemed harsh to you but step out of the picture you are part of see it from a distance and you'll realize why I said what I wrote above

It would be fine if these actions are not repeated and families of the deceased are compensated by the offending party. Pakistan is not itching to get into a war with the ISAF.

If anything, Pakistan is attempting her best to keep the tensions from flaring. ...............

Thank you for a level headed post, with good points.

I think both sides will arrive at a mutually acceptable accommodation yet, and I hope, as you do, that such incidents do not happen again.

Cheng sahab, are you a journalist??, a journalist has some sort of fact base, they just dont put allegations

Pakistan is as united or divided as any other country in the World. Its just that many other countries do not have as many external factors to cater to as Pakistan does.

What most Pakistanis agree upon is that Pakistan cannot be made into the sacrificial lamb and give up all her regional interests just because the Americans decide otherwise. There is consensus on that and the future Pakistani stance would be much more mindful of the feelings that people have and the government will use this perception amongst its constituency to frame future policies.

I agree.

Pakistan has its own interests and US has its own interests and they are doing everything in their power to achieve that.

May the best man win.There is no use blaming anyone.

you are too thick ( or perphas too much of a weasal ) to read the writing on the wall ... its the cowardly nature of this enemy to pretend to be an ally only to attack us , kill us and then rub it in our faces ... if this is not a declaration of war then I dont know what will be

I am neither thick nor a "weasal".

The writing on the wall bodes ill for Pakistan, not anyone else, and it is high time that it is read by the Pakistani leadership with understanding.

So what is your point in arguing with me?

My criticism was of VC's argument that Pakistan should not try to 'campaign, demand and argue' for change. I never argued that Pakistan should not 'work hard and improve its domestic environment'.

My point was where the change should start. Whether at home or from the international community. I say home.

Bsically this is an undeclared war with America and her allies on one side and Pakistan on the other

Back
Top Bottom