What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Dear Forum Members, our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the Pakistani security forces killed in this tragic incident. Before we can comment any further, we would like to inform everyone that representatives from ISAF and CENTCOM will conduct an extensive investigation. ISAF Commander General John Allen has declared that, “This incident has my highest personal attention and my commitment to thoroughly investigate it to determine the facts.” There are many news reports releasing different analysis and accounts of this incident, but we ask that you wait for the investigation to be completed, and for the evidence and findings to be released, before drawing any conclusions.

MAJ Nevers,
DET – U.S. Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Till that happens Major..
We have only the word of our own military via ISPR.
Which states that our forces were attacked without provocation and that the attack continued even after distress calls of a "blue on blue" attack were made.
Both ISAF and CENTCOM must expedite this investigation since it is crucial to ensuring no further chasms appear in the relations between Pakistan and the United states.
The only people that benefit from such acts are those that perpetrate terror, people who are probably having a hearty laugh at this and preparing their next act against the ISAF.

Dear Forum Members, our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the Pakistani security forces killed in this tragic incident. Before we can comment any further, we would like to inform everyone that representatives from ISAF and CENTCOM will conduct an extensive investigation. ISAF Commander General John Allen has declared that, “This incident has my highest personal attention and my commitment to thoroughly investigate it to determine the facts.” There are many news reports releasing different analysis and accounts of this incident, but we ask that you wait for the investigation to be completed, and for the evidence and findings to be released, before drawing any conclusions.

MAJ Nevers,
DET – U.S. Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Bot alert! LOL @ Mjor Nevers ...

This is an automatated software employed by the CIA .. read about it here

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media | Technology | The Guardian

off topic but related:
CIA has a venture capital fund also called In-Q-tel (http://www.iqt.org/) that invests in future tech and I wont be surprised if this 'sock puppet' software is an outcome from there.
Unfortunately some of our own Pakistanis work in collaboration with these murderers to come up with innovative new products which are then deployed against us.

Russia said it may not let NATO use its territory to supply troops in Afghanistan if the alliance doesn't seriously consider its objections to a U.S.-led missile shield for Europe, Russia's ambassador to NATO said Monday.

Russia has stepped up its objections to the antimissile system in Europe, threatening last week to deploy its own ballistic missiles on the border of the European Union to counter the move. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization says the shield is meant to thwart an attack from a rogue state such as Iran, that it poses no threat to Russia, and that the alliance will go ahead with the plan despite Moscow's objections.

I do not know if the following has been posted here already but it is quoting something interesting. It is quoting Gen. Athar Abbas that the posts were actually 300 yards from the Afghan border and not 2.5 Kilometers as has been mentioned repetitively for some reason otherwise.

This puts Afghan and ISAF angle of attack from Pakistan posts at even higher credibility then. 300 yards is pretty able distance for even small arms fire, if we just have to believe that only small arms were used from Pakistani side.

Pakistan says NATO ignored pleas during attack

Abbas said the two military posts, named "Volcano" and "Golden," were located on a ridge in Mohmand region around 300 yards (meters) from the border with Afghanistan. He said their exact location had been provided to NATO and that the area had recently been cleared of militants

It is not actually shamsi it is actually shamshi. this is all is happening for public consumption because it is only of symbolic importance real deal is shahbaz air base and base near terbella (i saw terbella base for americans it is big very big) and these bases they will never vacate or forced to be vacated by GOP

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media | Technology | The Guardian

off topic but related:
CIA has a venture capital fund also called In-Q-tel that invests in future tech and I wont be surprised if this 'sock puppet' software is an outcome from there.
Unfortunately some of our own Pakistanis work in collaboration with these murderers to come up with innovative new products which are then deployed against us.

He is not a bot man, come on. When he was a Captain, photographs taken by him were often used by reputed media outlets to portray the ongoing operations and trainings in Afghanistan. If you have not noticed, though rarely, he also takes part in debates here.

With such hositility going on in this forum against NATO, we should appreciate that he came up to clear CENTCOM's position on the affair.

Why not show some patience and wait for the other side to tell its story as well?

BOT :rofl::rofl:

centcom, what investigation??? you did this not for the first time and hopefully its not the last, investigation will be conducted, so what?? will the american general posted in afghanistan will face the charges for the killings of 24 of our man or not, if there is an investigation its the same as no invetigation

Actions speak louder than words. American action of killing our soldiers in not 1 base but 2 in pakistan says it all. If you americans are reading this we will look at your actions not your words.

Condolencesis an expression of sympathy to someone who has experienced grief arising from death.

I want to ask the question that why NATO and USA is sympathizing us after killing our soldiers on our own soil?

Shouldn't they be apologizing?

off topic but related:
CIA has a venture capital fund also called In-Q-tel (In-Q-Tel) that invests in future tech and I wont be surprised if this 'sock puppet' software is an outcome from there.

very shocking, didnt know centcom is a bot

Lets ask you a different question..perhaps one that may clear up both viewpoints.

It is justifiable for the general Pakistani public to grieve and express their anger, wish for justice in this matter and perhaps request an end to the WoT.. without realizing that the leadership may not take the wishes of its people into account(perhaps for the benefit of the nation in the long term) and that their outburst and the deaths of those soldiers will be in vain.

Or do you feel that the Pakistani people should understand that such incidents will not change the status quo by much, and as much as it will be cold hearted...it is a waste of energy to mourn those men anymore and expect justice as their deaths were in vain. the world is unjust, the bigger stick rules.. and we are not it...
g
Perhaps something else..?

Excellent questions.

It is perfectly justifiable, understandable and indeed necessary for the general public to express their grief and anger over this tragedy. However, this anguish should be directed at the proper quarters to demand accountability from the civilian and military leadership for not only this incident, but so many other previous things too.

What has happened until now is that the elite create a well choreographed circus that directs the energy elsewhere to a convenient target outside the country (USA, NATO, India, IMF, you name it), so that business as usual may return as quickly as can be managed. Hence, this mourning runs the risk of going to waste yet again, not because the international community is amoral or illegal or unjust, but because the elite continue to hoodwink their own people.

Rather than burn effigies and a few newspaper photo-ops by a few well-trained lackeys, I'd rather see all the families of those killed to stage a hunger strike in front of the GHQ and the parliament until some answers emerge, or something tangible like that that would be effective from a strategic point of view.

I hope I make myself clear in what I am trying to say.

There have been some views here trying to read a meaning in US and NATO / ISAF statements. The fact that there is only talk of an investigation means clearly that there will in no way be an apology (as is being sought by PA it seems) + with the leaks by Afghan and ISAF of the fire from Pakistani posts on an ISAF party acting against Taliban it is also being implied that ISAF acted in self defence and did not intend to allow the Taliban to scoot away to safety under the cover of the Pakistani army fire. So I would not hold my breath waiting for an apology give this information. Expecting for action against the ISAF troops involved is in fact near audacious in these circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom