What's new

"America is the best, it's number one in the world"

Listen, USA has still a much higher crime rate than countries in Middle East and Asia,

Sorry to disappoint you. But this is common knowledge.
Fine...But why are Pakistanis STILL coming to America?

I told you for higher education, and economic reasons.
But...But...But...I thought Islamabad have superior infrastructure than Washington DC? Is that not enough to keep Pakistanis at home?

But...But...But...I thought Islamabad have superior infrastructure than Washington DC? Is that not enough to keep Pakistanis at home?
It was not me who said that. It was the Pakistani member @ThunderCat who said that and he is entitled to his opinion or judgment as well.

But you asked for my opinion...?

--->
I would not be surprised if Islamabad did have better infrastructure because it is being build with modern technology. Washington D.C. is a very old city with very old infrastructure.

It was not me who said that. It was the Pakistani member @ThunderCat who said that and he is entitled to his opinion or judgment as well.

But you asked for my opinion...?

--->
I would not be surprised if Islamabad did have better infrastructure because it is being build with modern technology. Washington D.C. is a very old city with very old infrastructure.
I do not care who said it. That Pakistan is supposedly a 'superior' country than the US have been bandied in this thread. So now you are telling me that Pakistanis come here for education and economic reasons? Then how does that make Pakistan 'superior' to the US?

I do not care who said it. That Pakistan is supposedly a 'superior' country than the US have been bandied in this thread. So now you are telling me that Pakistanis come here for education and economic reasons? Then how does that make Pakistan 'superior' to the US?
Like all places, there are pros and cons to be fair.

Maybe @ThunderCat meant Pakistan is better than USA in other aspects.

Like all places, there are pros and cons to be fair.
You are saying that superior infrastructure is not enough to keep Pakistanis at home? That is curious. I was given the impression that in the light of economic depression, religious persecution, and population density, having a nice streets and public park benches are enough to keep people mollified. :lol:

You are saying that superior infrastructure is not enough to keep Pakistanis at home? That is curious. I was given the impression that in the light of economic depression, religious persecution, and population density, having a nice streets and public park benches are enough to keep people mollified. :lol:
Now you are trolling. Yes Pakistan is behind USA in some respects. But in many aspects Pakistan is a much better place.
In Pakistan you do not have murders and rapes like it happens in USA. Or institutionalized racism against people of colour okay.
People go to USA for higher education or economic reasons. Religious persecution is sort of everywhere.

Don't tell me USA does not discriminate against its minorities. Even not on official levels, but on a personal level I do see white kids with baseball caps getting a pat on the back, and if it is a brown kid he gets the cold shoulder.

So don't pretend USA is a heaven, when in reality there are huge faultlines, And I have only touched the surface of the matter.

So don't pretend USA is a heaven, when in reality there are huge faultlines, And I have only touched the surface of the matter.
Never said so. Heaven is perfection, right? The US is better than Pakistan without the need to be perfect. In fact, if you are perfect, you cannot be better because you are already perfect. So in the end, despite all your straining to shid out why is Pakistan 'better' than the US, we end up the better choice. :enjoy:

Never said YOU did. I was just asking considering you guys have been saying Pakistan is...aahhmm...umm...'better'...than the US in many ways.

Not "many ways." I claim a FEW ways. And Pakistan is not alone. Even the poorest African countries have more spacious urban planning than crap West European/North American cities.

I ain't kidding you.

Never said so. Heaven is perfection, right? The US is better than Pakistan without the need to be perfect. In fact, if you are perfect, you cannot be better because you are already perfect. So in the end, despite all your straining to shid out why is Pakistan 'better' than the US, we end up the better choice. :enjoy:
I told you many times. Pakistanis go to USA for higher education or economic reasons. There are no other reasons.

The quality of education in USA is better than Pakistan's. Pakistan has a few good institutions.

I told you many times. Pakistanis go to USA for higher education or economic reasons. There are no other reasons.
And that is all that is needed to make US the better choice.

Not "many ways." I claim a FEW ways. And Pakistan is not alone. Even the poorest African countries have more spacious urban planning than crap West European/North American cities.

I ain't kidding you.
Sure. Then those Africans go back to their corrupt countries surely happy their infrastructure is superior to the US.

And that is all that is needed to make US the better choice.
Well Pakistanis do not have to go to USA.

Some may go to Canada, UK, Germany, Australia for higher education. What makes you think USA is the only choice?

My uncle went to Turkey for higher education. Some African Muslim countries do the same like Sudan.

There are other alternative choices.

Its just that USA has the best education is the world, and that is not disputed.

By the way, I never said there is nothing good about USA. That would be dishonest. There are very good things about USA as well.

Pal, am former USAF, F-111 (Cold War) then F-16 (Desert Storm). I probably know a wee bit about aviation more than you do.

Umm....sir, what's that got to do with anything? We are discussing civil airliners. I am discussing in terms of in-flight product, American airliners are on the bottom. Not that it necessarily reflects a country.

For example Ethiopia currently got the best African airline, but Ethiopia is still one of the world's poorest countries.

So my argument is even today, despite China being classed as semi-developed, many things about them are better.

Such as better airlines, better urban planning etc. Of course America still got a better quality of life, on average.

Umm....sir, what's that got to do with anything? We are discussing civil airliners. I am discussing in terms of in-flight product, American airliners are on the bottom. Not that it necessarily reflects a country.

For example Ethiopia currently got the best African airline, but Ethiopia is still one of the world's poorest countries.

So my argument is even today, despite China being classed as semi-developed, many things about them are better.

Such as better airlines, better urban planning etc. Of course America still got a better quality of life, on average.
Yes USA still has superior technology and quality of life.

But there are many aspects about China which are better than USA's.

Like China has more human resources, soon to be the world's largest economy in Nominal GDP, they do not go on imperial wars,
and their foreign policy is better. Chinese ability to use diplomacy and compromise is better than USA's.

Back
Top Bottom