What's new

America BACK! 1st McDonald open in Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, all I'm saying is Vietnam should preserve its ancient culture and stay true to your roots. Vietnam is very important country in Asia. I have great respect for Vietnam for fighting against French and American forces.
come on, eating burgers is not destroying our cultural root. you are too dramatic :enjoy:

That's only because Western media penetration may not be as widespread in South Asia as it is in South Korea.

Do you deny that many urban people in South Asia consider it "primitive" to eat with hands, and make a big deal of using knife and fork?

I was amused when, the other day, I was eating naan with my fingers and some FOB (fresh-off-the-boat) guy from India/Pakistan made a snide remark to his buddy about people "eating like animals". The guy was so insecure, he was already ashamed of his culture.. :rofl:

I would request you to go through South Korean modern culture. Any ultra-urban south Asian can't beat an average South korean in terms of their obsession with American and white skin culture.

This thread focus on the first McDonald's restaurant in Vietnam.

McDonald's to open 700 new restaurants in China by 2013

• Lin Dian-wei and Staff Reporter
  • 2011-04-30
  • 10:23 (GMT+8)
C424N0046H_2011%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87_N71_copy1.JPG

US restaurant giant McDonald is confident in China's growth market potential and plans to expand. Picture: Growing numbers of Chinese like to eat at McDonald's. (Photo/CNS)

McDonald's, the world largest chain of fast-food restaurants, plans to open 700 new outlets in China by 2013 in a bid to strengthen its presence in the country.

Betty Tian, a spokesman for the chain in China, said McDonald's, which currently operates 1,300 restaurants, would also increase its employees to 50,000 to manage the expansion. This would include hiring college graduates to fill more than 1,000 managerial positions.

Under the plan, the company aims to open 22 new restaurants per month starting from May: equivalent to opening one new restaurant for each business day.

McDonald's, which lags behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken Corp. in terms of market share in China, plans to speed up its growth to keep pace with the expanding domestic market.

Tseng Qishang, chief executive officer of McDonald's China, said the fast-food chain had increased its capital expenditure in the country by 25 percent in 2010, which was channeled into launching restaurants, drive-through services, as well wireless Internet access services.

However, most market analysts predicted an uphill battle for McDonald's in its quest for market domination as the Chinese market is already crowded with several western fast-food chains, including KFC, Burger King and Subway, as well as several local chains, such as Real Kunfu and Yonghe Soy Milk.

They said only those who could cater to the tastes of consumers by offering innovative food items would thrive in this market of 130 million Chinese consumers.

References:

Tseng Qishang 曾啟山

We hate this thing to have happened and mushroomed in China but we dont open a thread cheerleading for ti

@America BACK! 1st McDonald open in Vietnam

old fashioned!

it openned in Pakistan centuries ago:drag::drag:

Un tasweero ko dekh kr laga ke ye McDonald ka khulna Vietnamion ke liye kitni bari baat hai.
han tu pak my tu nobudy gives a single penny importance to Mcdonalds nw its very old fashioned nw:disagree:

han tu pak my tu nobudy gives a single penny importance to Mcdonalds nw its very old fashioned nw:disagree:
Nobody gives a single penny? What! Tum roz roz mac khati ho!

Wese jab pehla subway yahan khula tha tab yaha log pagal ho gye the! Ab koi ata hi nahi!

Last edited:

LOL!
The Burger Lab: Revisiting the Myth of The 12-Year Old McDonald's Burger That Just Won't Rot (Testing Results!) | A Hamburger Today

"The problem with coming to that conclusion, of course, is that if you are a believer in science (and I certainly hope you are!), in order to make a conclusion, you must first start with a few observable premises as a starting point with which you form a theorem, followed by a reasonably rigorous experiment with controls built in place to verify the validity of that theorem."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom