What's new

America BACK! 1st McDonald open in Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called American cultural imperialism.
You want to see American cultural imperialism? Look at your own China. You leaders dress Western style. Your PLA adopted the Western military ways of war, everything from mode of dress to how the ranks salute. How many Chinese got married the Western way where the groom wears tuxedos and the bride in a white dress? Har...But then again, may be YOU will never know what it is like to have a G/F, let alone a wife. :lol:

So before you start criticizing Viet Nam for being under 'American cultural imperialism', go look in the mirror.

You want to see American cultural imperialism? Look at your own China. You leaders dress Western style. Your PLA adopted the Western military ways of war, everything from mode of dress to how the ranks salute. How many Chinese got married the Western way where the groom wears tuxedos and the bride in a white dress? Har...But then again, may be YOU will never know what it is like to have a G/F, let alone a wife. :lol:

So before you start criticizing Viet Nam for being under 'American cultural imperialism', go look in the mirror.

I agree with you.

I think its disgraceful the way we do things the western way. It's slavery of the highest order.

American culture is vulgar and filthy and I'm disgusted that we follow that filth.

BTW, I have a 4 year old son. You probably never kissed a girl.

@Hu Songshan This guy gambit abused me, so I responded. Please ban him, I don't want to get into trouble with the mods.

Last edited:
This is just a first McDonald's restaurant in Vietnam, same to last year the first Starbuck coffee launches in Vietnam.
I don't know why many people observed those as politics ...

To me, that's not any political issue, that's business ... Why China blame about it while nearly thousand McDonald's restaurants built in China ... ? Same to KFC, I don't agree with the poster of this thread ...
McDonald's is same to KFC, while KFC or Cocacola, Pepsi, Nike, Adidas, Intel ... they have been doing business in Vietnam several years so far. Why you say "American back" ... Yes they're back but long time ago, not now.

This is just a first McDonald's restaurant in Vietnam, same to last year the first Starbuck coffee launches in Vietnam.
I don't know why many people observed those as politics ...

To me, that's not any political issue, that's business ... Why China blame about it while nearly thousand McDonald's restaurants built in China ... ? Same to KFC, I don't agree with the poster of this thread ...
McDonald's is same to KFC, while KFC or Cocacola, Pepsi, Nike, Adidas, Intel ... they have been doing business in Vietnam several years so far. Why you say "American back" ... Yes they're back but long time ago, not now.

Vietnam must preserve its culture. Don't make the same mistakes we made.

Vietnam is a member of WTO, IAEA, UN ... we should respect the free trade and protect the rights of investors ...
So what you want Vietnam do to McDonald's ? not allow them to open their restaurants in Vietnam ?

Vietnam is a member of WTO, IAEA, UN ... we should respect the free trade and protect the rights of investors ...
So what you want Vietnam do to McDonald's ? not allow them to open their restaurants in Vietnam ?

No, all I'm saying is Vietnam should preserve its ancient culture and stay true to your roots. Vietnam is very important country in Asia. I have great respect for Vietnam for fighting against French and American forces.

I agree with you.

I think its disgraceful the way we do things the western way. It's slavery of the highest order.

American culture is vulgar and filthy and I'm disgusted that we follow that filth.

BTW, I have a 4 year old son. You probably never kissed a girl.

@Hu Songshan This guy gambit abused me, so I responded. Please ban him, I don't want to get into trouble with the mods.
ban gambit just because he compares America with China?
come on, I don´t see much of difference between the 2s. Both seek hegemony.

what mistakes? allowing US food chain to China?

HEHE... this thread get more interesting, Culture War between the East and the West.

20090624_3f63eb3477daa5eea1b3Of0WwBsw3PYp.jpg

Every one is obsessed with Western culture. Unless you live in the middle of the Kalahari Desert or in a remote village in Bhutan, you are exposed to Western -- specifically, American -- culture.
Blue jeans and hamburgers for everyone -- YEAH!

But there is defienitely difference between the amount one exposed.
an average South Koreans obsession with Americans and an average South Asian is drastic.

and LOL at the girls taking selfies with burger as if they haven't had it before. I hate these kind of artificial people. :usflag:

Last edited:
But there is defienitely difference between the amount one exposed.
an average South Koreans obsession with Americans and an average South Asian is drastic.

That's only because Western media penetration may not be as widespread in South Asia as it is in South Korea.

Do you deny that many urban people in South Asia consider it "primitive" to eat with hands, and make a big deal of using knife and fork?

I was amused when, the other day, I was eating naan with my fingers and some FOB (fresh-off-the-boat) guy from India/Pakistan made a snide remark to his buddy about people "eating like animals". The guy was so insecure, he was already ashamed of his culture.. :rofl:

No, all I'm saying is Vietnam should preserve its ancient culture and stay true to your roots. Vietnam is very important country in Asia. I have great respect for Vietnam for fighting against French and American forces.

Thanks for your reminder.
Some young guys and girls express their new fashioned by taking too much of Western style, K-pop style ... which is alien in our traditional style ... The photo of girl taking selfie in McDonalds look some fun to somebody, as a result of culture exchange with Korean style ( Korean style photography, popular in Samsung phones ). They learn too fast the new things , good and bad ... altogether ...

The good characteristic of Vietnamese I should re-state that Vietnamese people always appreciate the good thing others do for them ( no matter how long after that ) and always tend to forgive the bad things others made on them but apologized ...

We feel strange for a Korean or American guys worried about the bad reaction they could have in Vietnam due to their army guilty during the war, or after a recent violence a Korean guys made on his Vietnamese wife.

Vietnam saying during the hardest time of the Vietnam War "We fight US aggressors not the US people".

That's why Vietnam have very good relation with former enemies like France, Japan, ... even USA and their allies like Korea, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia, and China ...

That's only because Western media penetration may not be as widespread in South Asia as it is in South Korea.

Do you deny that many urban people in South Asia consider it "primitive" to eat with hands, and make a big deal of using knife and fork?

I was amused when, the other day, I was eating naan with my fingers and some FOB (fresh-off-the-boat) guy from India/Pakistan made a snide remark to his buddy about people "eating like animals". The guy was so insecure, he was already ashamed of his culture.. :rofl:

We and some Korean friends agreed that there're 3 items every guys should pick for use by his bare hands ... 1. Sticky rice 2. Chicken 3. Woman ...

Last edited:
Amazing how USA is a poison also in the food they sell people. What's their problem with humanity?

They really should get rid of the satanist secret societies ruling them

The good characteristic of Vietnamese I should re-state that Vietnamese people always appreciate the good thing others do for them ( no matter how long after that ) and always tend to forgive the bad things others made on them but apologized ...
Are you sure? You're always fighting with chinese members here
And i think the north and the south vietnam haven't reconciliated yet

phuck ya Time to increase the Waist Size. With Mcdonalds comes a Kiss Just look at the tummy Guy sitting on a bike and receiving a kiss

Amazing how USA is a poison also in the food they sell people. What's their problem with humanity?

They really should get rid of the satanist secret societies ruling them

Are you sure? You're always fighting with chinese members here
And i think the north and the south vietnam haven't reconciliated yet

We fight the aggressors not Chinese people ...
North and South Vietnam is Kinh ethnic ... not much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom