What's new

AMCA configuration in final stages

Using private companies are not a bad thing in my view the problem we had with LCA was we kept changing the requirements and there was a alot of confusion with DRDO which I hope we have learnt from.

Some of the finest defence companies in the world are not state run such as Lockheed Martin/BAE Systems for example, in India we have the Samtel Group which is a cutting edge true world class company.

We must also understand the ground reality that non our our pvt companies have reached an expertise where we could produce products like Lockheed and Boing. HAL is by far the best in India in terms of Aeronautics.

SAMTEL is a very small company, Its perfect in its role of building the sub systems, but not the Aircraft on a Whole.

Dude this is maximum take off weight not empty weight.

Empty weight will be around 12 ton.

Loaded weight will be around 18-19 ton.

And Maximum take-off weight will be around 25 ton. i.e. it will able to carry 6-7 ton of weapon.

I am also talking about MTOW, not the combat:agree: weight.

Good news !!

However, the main problem for AMCA is 5th gen engines and avionics. What radar we going to use? If we use off the shelf radars from Eu/Israel, its capabilities will not be secret then. This means India has to develop 5th gen radar/avionics by himself which I think is not easy.

Will the AMCA not have nozzles for thrust vectoring and IR suppression?

will recruit many young engineers and scientists and increase jobs and research

We must also understand the ground reality that non our our pvt companies have reached an expertise where we could produce products like Lockheed and Boing. HAL is by far the best in India in terms of Aeronautics.

SAMTEL is a very small company, Its perfect in its role of building the sub systems, but not the Aircraft on a Whole.

Yeah HAL is the best we have but we can always get some extra help from private companies, Reliance and Tata I predict will be big players in defence for the future which can only be a good thing for our domestic defence industry. The key is coordination between all the parties under the ADA.

A little espionage can also be useful everyone does it and I am pretty sure we do too but details of which we will not find out about only those in the know can.

No. It would be before. Sometime around 2016/17 if nothing go wrong. Induction might stretch to early next decade.

Nothing as such is going to happen until the end of the decade, coz this is 2013 and as per article Currently, a small team of scientists at ADA is concentrating on the design.

Apart from it AMCA is still in graphic & design stage, as per yr suggestion if it flies sometime around 2016/17 then how, this twin engined AC's Kaveri Engine is still under powered @ underdevelopment. Hence , The expected maiden flight should be by the end of the decade. as per report.

Yeah HAL is the best we have but we can always get some extra help from private companies, Reliance and Tata I predict will be big players in defence for the future which can only be a good thing for our domestic defence industry. The key is coordination between all the parties under the ADA.

A little espionage can also be useful everyone does it and I am pretty sure we do too but details of which we will not find out about only those in the know can.

HAL already has partnership with Pvt players. You can find many JV companies. One of the finest example is TATA HAL Technologies Limited. Pvt players need infrastructure to support the R&D and Manufacturing of such complex machines Which I doubt Companies like TATA and Reliance Have.

Mahindra could be an option. What say?

Because you need time to absorb the tech within T50 and Rafale.

AMCA looks like a smaller YF23 from the picture.

HAL already has partnership with Pvt players. You can find many JV companies. One of the finest example is TATA HAL Technologies Limited. Pvt players need infrastructure to support the R&D and Manufacturing of such complex machines Which I doubt Companies like TATA and Reliance Have.

Mahindra could be an option. What say?

I know Mahindra was working on some land based systems but not sure about aeronautics but they are a decent size company for sure. The growing size of India's defence market I think our budget was over $32bn a year means companies like TATA and Reliance will want to tap into by all means just to get a share and by 2030/2040 our defence budget could be over $70bn that is too tempting to ignore.

The reason why I feel they some pvt firms will be big players is that they are buying out alot of innovative companies in the west for example Jaguar/Land Rover was bought out by TATA and there is alot of technology which can have dual uses both for defence and commercial purposes. Dassault has signed a MoU with Reliance and Mahindra I was reading has bought out a Italian design and research company.

Also contracts like the MRCA deal will mean 50% of the tender will be reinvested back in our domestic industry and we will get some technology transfer too which will help projects like this not to mention we will gain alot in r&d with the FGFA project. I feel quite positive we are taking the steps needed to improve and lessons have been learnt from the past but we have a long way to go yet and much work is needed, setting up Defence SEZ parks might be a option also to improve our industry.

AMCA looks like a smaller YF23 from the picture.

Technology from T-50 and Rafale would help us better the Aircraft, but Team AMCA would not wait for the technology arrival, instead they have already chose to rely on indigenous capabilities. We have learnt and achieved several things from project LCA.

Its time to take it to the next level.

I know Mahindra was working on some land based systems but not sure about aeronautics but they are a decent size company for sure. The growing size of India's defence market I think our budget was over $32bn a year means companies like TATA and Reliance will want to tap into by all means just to get a share and by 2030/2040 our defence budget could be over $70bn that is too tempting to ignore.

The reason why I feel they some pvt firms will be big players is that they are buying out alot of innovative companies in the west for example Jaguar/Land Rover was bought out by TATA and there is alot of technology which can have dual uses both for defence and commercial purposes. Dassault has signed a MoU with Reliance and Mahindra I was reading has bought out a Italian design and research company.

Also contracts like the MRCA deal will mean 50% of the tender will be reinvested back in our domestic industry and we will get some technology transfer too which will help projects like this not to mention we will gain alot in r&d with the FGFA project. I feel quite positive we are taking the steps needed to improve and lessons have been learnt from the past but we have a long way to go yet and much work is needed, setting up Defence SEZ parks might be a option also to improve our industry.

Yes our private companies cannot ignore the emerging defense market in India, my only concern is, can any Indian Private company replace HAL as Lead Integrator.

I am sure our pvt buddies are working quite well on the aircraft's subsystems.

HAL needs tweaking and more investment perhaps some better managment also I feel but it should remain the lead integrator that is not to say companies like Reliance in the future can not help offload some of the pressure on HAL especially as it has it's order book pretty full at the moment.

HAL needs tweaking and more investment perhaps some better managment also I feel but it should remain the lead integrator that is not to say companies like Reliance in the future can not help offload some of the pressure on HAL especially as it has it's order book pretty full at the moment.

Yes that's exactly what bothered me. Perhaps TATA HAL technologies could create their own Production Line under an agreed partnership level.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom