What's new

Ambassador of KSA met #COAS at GHQ today. COAS reassured the Ambassador that Pakistan Army holds the

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
C2mvxL4VEAAz1zn.jpg

C2mvxL7UAAAyWD5.jpg

"PA holds the defense of KSA at par with its own"

Bad grammer aside, I'm curious - is there a mutual defense treaty? Or is this another example of the army making foreign policy- Perhaps both?

Pakistan Army is full Stretched already protecting our Own Borders .. we can not afford to Protect KSA , unless its Mecca and Madina .. Rest of the KSA should not concern us

I think this is just political statement, in today's war., no one will jump in other country war if opponents are stronger. This is not 1950. Every country keeps its interest first. All we can do is help on diplomatic level and play as bridge role to stop war.

who assured who? If history is any indication, the Saudi guy probably knows more about Pak military directions than Pak generals - eg: Pakistan being joined to the band that KSA announced a couple of years ago.

"PA holds the defense of KSA at par with its own"

Bad grammer aside, I'm curious - is there a mutual defense treaty? Or is this another example of the army making foreign policy- Perhaps both?

your butthurt aside, it means that Pakistan Army is guaranteeing ksa's security by taking the ksa under the nuclear umbrella now that trump is in charge in usa and pulling away from allying with ksa. But of course, it will come with a hefty price tag.

your butthurt aside, it means that Pakistan Army is guaranteeing ksa's security by taking the ksa under the nuclear umbrella now that trump is in charge in usa and pulling away from allying with ksa. But of course, it will come with a hefty price tag.

My butthurt aside, does the pakistani army just come up with an idea to 'guarantee' security of other countries? Maybe the chief made the decision one evening at the officers mess?

Is there a legal treaty? Is parliament in the know? According to this 'reassurance' Pakistani fathers, brothers and sons might be shipped overseas to be killed, maimed or captured - and their government says nothing.

Oh wait - I forgot- the army is the government. My mistake.

Pro Iran and secular lobby in Pakistan must be hemorrhaging fie now from every crevasse. We cannot lose an Important ally Saudia to please Iran. We already Lost UAE for trying to do exactly the same.

A Hindu and some fascist liberal Pakistanis might not understand the "TYPE" of relations Pakistan as a Nation has with some other nations. These relations are not dependent on written treaties or agreements. These relations are not dependent on who is the political head of state or who is the military head.

Hijaz, Turkey, Palestine/Jerusalam and Syria are some of those nations. There's history and religion, intertwined.

Hijaz, Turkey, Palestine/Jerusalam and Syria are some of those nations. There's history and religion, intertwined.

KSA is not Hijaz, Turkey, Palestine and Syria.

We will protect the holy cities at any cost. That's where our obligation ends.

Back
Top Bottom