What's new

Amazing Cricket - Aus vs India

DelhiDareDevil

Reaction score
After Australia taking quick 7 Indian wickets.

Australia is 4 down for 33 runs at the moment.

^^ i think otherwise ... the pitch behaviour seems to have changed today .... we know how indian middle & lower order collapsed today ...7 wickets went down just for around ~54 runs.... Australia was 51-4 few moments ago , the lead is more than 100 , with still 6 wickets in hand and ponting and hussey on ground ...if they can take this lead to around 300 runs i.e ~ 200 runs more form here (though looking a hectic task) Aus will be on driving seat until and unless the pitch take a 360 in its behaviour

Look i told you anything about 300 to chase for india, india will be a dead rubber ...these are not indian pitches not are these WI bowlers where even an ashwin can come and score a 100 and the commentators like shastri chanting out loud .....look we have another all-rounder ...lol

Indians should hope there fate is not going to be the same like what happened in eng few months ago.... at the moment only sachin and dravid seems to be scoring runs rest are just sitting ducks

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

BTW india lost by 122 runs in a low scoring game

Australia beat India in first Test in Melbourne

Australia's pace bowlers put on a superb display to secure a 122-run victory over India on day four of the first Test in Melbourne.

James Pattinson (4-53) led the way while Peter Siddle (3-42) dismissed Sachin Tendulkar for the second time in the match and Ben Hilfenhaus took 2-39.

India needed 292 to win after Australia were finally dismissed for 240, with Mike Hussey top-scoring with 89.

But the tourists slumped to 81-6 before being dismissed for 169 after tea.

Pattinson (37) and Hilfenhaus (14) shared a defiant 43-run partnership for Australia's last wicket to frustrate the India bowlers and give the hosts vital momentum.

Their efforts left India needing the fourth-highest winning total at the Melbourne Cricket Ground if they were to secure victory in the first of four Tests.

But Hilfenhaus removed Virender Sehwag before lunch and India then collapsed in the second session, with Gautam Gambhir and Rahul Dravid failing to make an impact against Australia's hostile attack.

Pattinson, playing in only his third Test, dismissed VVS Laxman for one and Virat Kohli was out first ball, trapped lbw by Hilfenhaus.
Tendulkar, still chasing a 100th international hundred, looked to settle his side but was dismissed for 32 when Siddle, with the first ball of his second spell, had him caught in the gully off a thick edge.

Mahendra Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin attempted to launch a counter-attack after tea but fell to Pattinson and Siddle respectively as wickets continued to fall.

Australia clinched victory in style when David Warner caught Umesh Yadav with a dramatic catch on the boundary.

"For me it's a dream come true to play for Australia and to be out there on Boxing Day, and against India with that batting line-up," 21-year-old Pattinson said.

"I think I wasn't even born when Sachin started playing cricket, so to go out there and bowl against him, and have some success against their batsmen and get a win is even better."
Australia captain Michael Clarke said his side had to maintain their intensity in the second Test, which starts in Sydney on 3 January.

"India are a fantastic team and it's great to get a win but we know they'll come back hard at us," he said.

"We deserve this win because of the amount of effort and time we've put into our preparation, but it means nothing come Sydney."

India captain Dhoni said: "You have to give credit to the Australian bowling attack because they bowled really well.

"We thought if we could get them out for 240 or 250-odd runs that's a very gettable score, but I felt 290-odd runs was also a score we should have achieved.

"The wicket was pretty good. It's not like there was too much wear and tear in the wicket. I think our batting line-up flopped in both the innings."

My opinion - drop Ghambir - played a few balls as if he was scared. Surprised how poor Kholi looked. Got to knuckle down. Good signs Zaheer Khan and co - bowling looked good. Ashwin looks like a genuine allrounder. Im a bit cheezed off as India should have walloped an average Aussie side

Australia's pace bowlers put on a superb display to secure a 122-run victory over India on day four of the first Test in Melbourne.

James Pattinson (4-53) led the way while Peter Siddle (3-42) dismissed Sachin Tendulkar for the second time in the match and Ben Hilfenhaus took 2-39.

India needed 292 to win after Australia were finally dismissed for 240, with Mike Hussey top-scoring with 89.

Pattinson (37) and Hilfenhaus (14) shared a defiant 43-run partnership for Australia's last wicket to frustrate the India bowlers and give the hosts vital momentum.

Their efforts left India needing the fourth-highest winning total at the Melbourne Cricket Ground if they were to secure victory in the first of four Tests.

But Hilfenhaus removed Virender Sehwag before lunch and India then collapsed in the second session, with Gautam Gambhir and Rahul Dravid failing to make an impact against Australia's hostile attack.

Pattinson, playing in only his third Test, dismissed VVS Laxman for one and Virat Kohli was out first ball, trapped lbw by Hilfenhaus.
Tendulkar, still chasing a 100th international hundred, looked to settle his side but was dismissed for 32 when Siddle, with the first ball of his second spell, had him caught in the gully off a thick edge.

Mahendra Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin attempted to launch a counter-attack after tea but fell to Pattinson and Siddle respectively as wickets continued to fall.

Australia clinched victory in style when David Warner caught Umesh Yadav with a dramatic catch on the boundary.

"For me it's a dream come true to play for Australia and to be out there on Boxing Day, and against India with that batting line-up," 21-year-old Pattinson said.

"I think I wasn't even born when Sachin started playing cricket, so to go out there and bowl against him, and have some success against their batsmen and get a win is even better."
Australia captain Michael Clarke said his side had to maintain their intensity in the second Test, which starts in Sydney on 3 January.

"India are a fantastic team and it's great to get a win but we know they'll come back hard at us," he said.

"We deserve this win because of the amount of effort and time we've put into our preparation, but it means nothing come Sydney."

India captain Dhoni said: "You have to give credit to the Australian bowling attack because they bowled really well.

"We thought if we could get them out for 240 or 250-odd runs that's a very gettable score, but I felt 290-odd runs was also a score we should have achieved.

"The wicket was pretty good. It's not like there was too much wear and tear in the wicket. I think our batting line-up flopped in both the innings."

My opinion - drop Ghambir - played a few balls as if he was scared. Surprised how poor Kholi looked. Got to knuckle down. Good signs Zaheer Khan and co - bowling looked good. Ashwin looks like a genuine allrounder. Im a bit cheezed off as India should have walloped an average Aussie side

your over-confidence is showing!!!

Drop Ghambir??? are you serious bro??. Ghambir has been one of the best openers i have seen these days. How come he should be dropped just after one test match.

one word disappointed I was thinking the same thing drop Ghambir he let me down big time but others saying he not in form so let it be but if he does not perform 2nd test drop him.

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

Honestly i thought we were gonna get smashed after our low batting targets but....:D

Anyway good game look forward to 2nd test! great crowd of indians at the MCG 2.

Atleast both countrys in fact all cricket countrys can say we watch the sport out of love of the game its not about winning or politics which the middle east horribly suffers from with football.

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

Honestly i thought we were gonna get smashed after our low batting targets but....:D

Anyway good game look forward to 2nd test! great crowd of indians at the MCG 2.

Atleast both countrys in fact all cricket countrys can say we watch the sport out of love of the game its not about winning or politics which the middle east horribly suffers from with football.

My man how you thought that you are going to be smashed by india ...atleast i never thought so .... because i know how pathetic indian batting is outside india ....it was quite evident from what happened in england where indian batting was at misery ....a clean sweep in all aspects ....a team that was ranked at number 1 place in test matches was thrashed out of the scene in one series ... to be honest facing WI bowling or england bowling at dead pitches with no bounce and pace , and making spinning tracks for indian's spin bowlers is hell different from playing on lively pitches even with minor of movement ......

No offence to any of the members but india will be better off if called sub-continent champions rather than world champions... we know after winning first t-20 how badly they were thrashed in england where they were defending champions but still were not able to win a single match and them the fate was almost same in west indies as well.... then white washed in england ...before that just couple of years ago india was managed to pull out there first ever victory against SA in SA in test matches ...now that is one hell of a pathetic record for a team that is so hyped for its batting line up

I dont know when last time gambhir scored outside sub-continent ...or for that matter virat kohli. particularly in aus, SA or eng.... thats a difference b/w india after winning world cup and aus after they won it ....aus was able to win no matter where they palyed and were true champions unlike india which wins only when playing in sub-continent and thrashed when playing outside

Better will be if BCCI prepares some lively pitches to give players some confidence of playing on them rather then making dead heroes

i think india should not start thinking that they are invinsible yet becoz wining world cup wont make india invicible and specially when it was in indian soil and next thing which is against india is indian negative aggression of sehwag and also agresion of indian media they say after pattison and sehwag incident that aussies have to pay and we seen who paid in end of the test india still need to prrove itself specially in tests they won all test in india but their record is wrost when they go out and play so be carefully when be aggressive i still back aussis to win on any day against india when stil they are half of side and im waittinf one bad decison against india by umpire and see how much india shout remember last time when bucknor gave not out to auusie batsman last time when india toured against aussis in perth they say this is unfair and now dhoni says we dont need drs keep umipre making mistakes it is becoz that most of times indian batters surrvive in benefit of doubt situation

Back
Top Bottom