What's new

Amazing Cricket - Aus vs India

Ponting finally ends his drought and gets a century. Michael Clarke is on 154 and is en route for a double century.

Fuarrk, now I hope the game finishes in 4 days, at least i ll get my money back

Congrats Aussies, this match is yours now!!

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Fuarrk, now I hope the game finishes in 4 days, at least i ll get my money back

No worries there.. As soon as Aussies declares, Indian team will be bundled out in less than two sessions..

I doubt the overall records are so pathetic as depicted by you.

To make picture more clearer,
Statistics of the careers of 3 players mentioned by you Against Australia are as follows--->

Gambhir averages 49.2 from 5 matches played in India (highest being 206);
but he has played just 3 test innings in australia till now with avg 5.

Dravid averages 47 from all matches played in Australia; and 35.7 from matches played in India.

Dhoni averages 44 from 6 matches played in India (highest being 176);
and 17 from 5 matches played in Australia (highest 57).

Between I can understand your extra concern regarding Gambhir's form. :tongue:

lol you twisted the facts nicely in your favour havent you? if you check out my post i was refeering to their averages in aus against aus , we all know how super hit they are when playing in india on dead pitches ,in indian condition even an average of 80 is possible and not a big thing but i was talking about what they done in aus .....

Gambhir averages 5 in aus , dhoni's yesterday score of 57 was his highest against aus and dravid averages just 29 in aus ....it is not me rather these are stats of either espn or crickinfo i dont remember exactly ...yesterday i came across these stats ....didn't know that i had to indulge in game of arguments otherwise would have bookmarked the link

No offence but the reality is indian media, cricket associates and fans start to over joy too early .... they make stars out of nothing.... to become a cricket star in india you just need to take 5 wickets in a match or a 100 no matter its against bangladesh, WI or england and you are a super hit.... in one night they will made you to sit on the moon ...without realizing that such attitude can really destroy a cricketer's future..

We saw when they started calling irfan pathan as wasim akram and said irfan will be the one to broke wasim's record after he just performed in few games ...now this is big tagline considering you are associating a person who has just come to the scene with someone who had played good 15 years of cricket ....its like saying that ashraful will break the records of sachin just because he had scored century against aus or just because he looks like him ...i mean insane...... then we all know what happened with irfan pathan he became a mere slow medium kinda bowler...its funny but really off late his bowling speed was 120kph even an afridi or kumble faster ones can reach this speed

Then we know how people started to chant about Ishant sharma ...after aus series people said oh he had destroyed the carrier of ponting ..he is a future blah blah but then what happened to him after that? he was a big time flop ...on the other hand same ponting has already scored 250 runs in 3 innings against same team and same bowler at an average of ~85

Then we saw people speaking out loud about ashwin just after he got wickets against WI in india on spinning tracks but how can you judge a bowler that too a spinner against a team like WI with so much fragility in batting line-up and known for poor record against spinners .... even Hafeez was able to push them to the wall so should we start saying hafeez as a tremendous spinner?

I mean you guys make and break too quickly ...give them sometime and then draw a conclusion ...its not about satisfying someone's ego ...rather its about a cricket...a game...game for peace

Clark reaches 250.... not out on 251 ...when the day finishes .... 3 indian bowlers made centuries i.e zaheer khan, ishant sharma and ashwin and were hugely cheered by the crowd ...atleast someone from indian side made century doesn't matter if they are bowlers atleast something to cheer about

interestingly Gmabhir averages just 5 against aus in aus compared to his average of high 40's in both formats lol .... and so called wall rahul dravid averages just 29 against aus while today 57* was highest score by dhonia ever against aus ...now that is some hell of a pathetic record for a side chanted out as having the best batting line up lol
Rahul Dravid is my pick from the Indian team. Evey batsman has his bad times, but dravid is a player who can score on any kind of pitch curtsy his sound and outstanding technique. Laxman alongwith Kholi perhaps hold the keys for Indian revival, if that happens. Rest if you ask me that Dhoni or Sehwag would be scoring on moving pitches, forget it.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Clark reaches 250.... not out on 251 ...when the day finishes .... 3 indian bowlers made centuries i.e zaheer khan, ishant sharma and ashwin and were hugely cheered by the crowd ...atleast someone from indian side made century doesn't matter if they are bowlers atleast something to cheer about
They need good pacers, but thats pretty hard when almost all of the role models for youngsters are batsmen.

Jeez couple of bad games and the bad mouthing has already started. Every team has its ups and downs.

jufj10.png

Australia now has destroyed anything that is left of India. Michael Clarke is currently on 251 and is en route to a triple century.
Ghar ke sher :enjoy:

Jeez couple of bad games and the bad mouthing has already started. Every team has its ups and downs.

jufj10.png

Roy - firstly i hope you see some cricket. Secondly its not just a couple of bad games - look at the last 7 test matches away from home. Im a passionate cricket supporter and love watching India play. However their away performances are far from impressive and need to be improved on. If India need to be taken as a serious force - they need to perform better away from home. They have most of the players that were injured back and are fielding their strongest side - to take 1 wicket all day is not good. I hope Laxman Dravid and co can bat them out of this game

jufj10.png
Indeed every team goes through bad times but really the performance of perhaps the best batting side on paper has been nothing short than disasterous, I mean a couple of bad performances should not matter much but consistency in failure is something what is undesirable and worrisome.

lol you twisted the facts nicely in your favour havent you? if you check out my post i was refeering to their averages in aus against aus , we all know how super hit they are when playing in india on dead pitches ,in indian condition even an average of 80 is possible and not a big thing but i was talking about what they done in aus .....

I just wanted to highlight the complete picture through statistics; since you were attempting to take cheap shots at the the players, by conveniently interpreting statistics as per your need.

Gambhir averages 5 in aus , dhoni's yesterday score of 57 was his highest against aus and dravid averages just 29 in aus ....it is not me rather these are stats of either espn or crickinfo i dont remember exactly ...yesterday i came across these stats ....didn't know that i had to indulge in game of arguments otherwise would have bookmarked the link

Once again you are producing half-truths. Let me start one by one.

Gambhir: What you said his average is 5 in Aus is true; but hey you convineiently ignored the fact that its his first tour to Australia and the number 5 is just from 3 inningses in ongoing series.

Dravid: Once againg the average 27 quoted by you, is from just 3 inningses of the ongoing series.
Where as he is one of the rare legends who has more test average (overall) in overseas conditions , than at home.

Dhoni: Agreed with you. Its true that Dhoni's highest score is 57 not out in Australia.
But again Dhoni himself has admitted that he is not one of the players who have sound batting technique in last match's press conference. So what the fuss ?

Between If you read post #16 I have clearly stated my opinion regarding performance of Indian players.

jufj10.png

ranking doesnot always tells you the true story , sometime it doesnot reflect many prospects ... i hope you are mature and passionate enough at the same time having good head on your shoulder to understand the game ..... West indies can beat bangladesh, ireland and zimbabwe at their home ground for 3 continuous series of 5 test matches and they can jump up to the table but will it be just enough to evaluate their performance? not at all because when they will be tested against good teams away from home they will be ruffled apart... same goes for you

Don't forget india was at top position in ICC rankings for test matches but then what happened? they were white washed in england in all aspects and dropped down to number 2, is it just a matter of one series for a top ranked team to slide down? this shows how pathetic there performance was that it took just one series away from home to slide them to number 2 position ...now if suppose aus beat them 4-0 so you can judge their fate ...what will be their position then?

Post no matter how many rankings you wana post here but the reality is india is totally a screwed up team when playing outside sub-continent.... even if you are not done with that the same aus team that is ruffling and tearing indian team apart was beaten badly by SA when they got aus all out for ~45 runs and then a team like NZ beat aus ~ a month ago... aus is in its worst position since 1999 ...their batting is fragile and opening is not working for them still they got india down ...india got a great chance but once again india proved that they are riddled with hyped heroes

Australia 601/4 as they continue their bezati of India. Hussey on 119 and Michael Clarke on 304 and is en route to a quadruple century.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom