What's new

Aman Ka Tamasha

I hate India and Indians and everything your country represents against my people,my country, its like asking jews to suck upto nazis - it wont fly

please stop wasting our time with such threads
Consider me on your side. Both countries can't stay. One has to go.

Q-E-A saw their duplicitous behavior and said nope, the hell with this. Wasn’t hard to see the Hindus hearts and decided on a separate country for the Muslims

My friend, Muhammad Ali Jinnah's grievances were with the Indian National Congress, not with the Hindu religion or its adherents. Jinnah in the later part of his political career did recognize the divergent worldviews of Hindus and Muslims and maintained that they were two distinct nations by definition. He believed that Islam was under threat due to a resurgent Hindu assertiveness but he never claimed the superiority of Muslims over Hindus. His primary concern was the protection of the rights of the Muslim minority within a predominantly Hindu India. He was willing to forgo his demand for a separate Pakistan state as late as 1946, provided the Congress conceded to fixed Muslim representation of one-third in the Center.

To assert that Jinnah comprehended the Hindu psyche and viewed all Hindus as deceitful in their conduct is deeply unjust. Such a statement is not only unfair and insulting to the Hindus but also to Jinnah himself.

What stops the proud pathan from outwitting the baniya. You too can try to as you put it exploit the market by being competitive, its called a free market. Definately more satisfying to cause your competitor to close shop than to kill him. One kills the spirit the other just the body

Is it such an inconceivable scenario that a bussiness led by a pathan could forcebly cause his competitors to crash out or being bought under? Must always the Baniya triumph in matters of commerce?

Who said war can be fought only with bullets, trade is war.
You first remove your deep down hatred and grudge for that pathan then talk about business. Business should not be done with a person who can bite on your back whenever the opportunity arises.
I know you indians are only talking about peace with us because you want access to the central asian markets and Pakistan is standing right in between. That's the reason you want to take GB and Kashmir from us.
Pakistan is stopping you from becoming another China. The moment you see Pakistan is of no longer use to you , you will be back to akhand Bharat and ghar wapisi campaign.
You suppress and undermine another community or religion and except them to trade with you. This is not how it works.
Economic prosperity only comes after political stability. So India need to work on better, honest and fair policies towards it's neighbours and minorties.

I'm not a expert on India and for that matter on Pakistan but this much l know that every time I've visited India and one has to make it clear pre-mumbai I've been welcomed very warmly even though one is treated differently on arrival by the immigration officials and once you somehow survive the police reporting it is smooth sailing. Once they find out you are from across the border, the drinks and the dosas are suddenly delicious and free sometimes. A taxi driver in new delhi wanted to know everything about Lahore from where his parents migrated during the upheaval of independence. He showed me most of delhi in 2 days and never took a rupee from me to my embarrassment. Finally I had to convince him with the help of the doorman at the brilliant Taj hotel to please take something. Hyderabad in the south was more of the same.

pokiticians of both countries and pakistan military won't allow any aman until trade dependency becomes strong enough to mitigate real and perceived tradeoffs.

Not so fast, l was only trolling and half serious

Time to read my response as well

View attachment 928186
You see, I'll probably forget 99% of all the serious stuff being discussed here, in a couple hours. I am just here for the color commentary.:lol:
I don't have any research on the topic and you could probably make something up and I'd fall for it. So I am more interested in the putdowns than the academics of it. And that was a putdown right there. But, you get full marks for persistence and the GIF. :-)

My friend, Muhammad Ali Jinnah's grievances were with the Indian National Congress, not with the Hindu religion or its adherents. Jinnah in the later part of his political career did recognize the divergent worldviews of Hindus and Muslims and maintained that they were two distinct nations by definition. He believed that Islam was under threat due to a resurgent Hindu assertiveness but he never claimed the superiority of Muslims over Hindus. His primary concern was the protection of the rights of the Muslim minority within a predominantly Hindu India. He was willing to forgo his demand for a separate Pakistan state as late as 1946, provided the Congress conceded to fixed Muslim representation of one-third in the Center.

To assert that Jinnah comprehended the Hindu psyche and viewed all Hindus as deceitful in their conduct is deeply unjust. Such a statement is not only unfair and insulting to the Hindus but also to Jinnah himself.

Fair enough. I trust you to be a better source on QeA than I am.

What stops the proud pathan from outwitting the baniya. You too can try to as you put it exploit the market by being competitive, its called a free market. Definately more satisfying to cause your competitor to close shop than to kill him. One kills the spirit the other just the body

Is it such an inconceivable scenario that a bussiness led by a pathan could forcebly cause his competitors to crash out or being bought under? Must always the Baniya triumph in matters of commerce?

Who said war can be fought only with bullets, trade is war.
just what I was about to say. @SecularNationalist , what's your answer, brother?

You first remove your deep down hatred and grudge for that pathan then talk about business.
Ok, hatred deleted, lets talk business now.
Business should not be done with a person who can bite on your back whenever the opportunity arises.
Except business regularly screw over each other, suppliers, distributors and anyone really if it saves a dime. Take wallmart for example, its hub and spoke strategy and its every day low cost policy has caused it to aggresively pressurize its suppliers. They're infamous for it. There are countless examples, point is international trade and its mechanisms are built on lack of trust. Its a jungle out there theres no such thing as having your back.
I know you indians are only talking about peace with us because you want access to the central asian markets and Pakistan is standing right in between.
Thats one of our incentives, yes, so what ? Are you telling me there is no economic way GoP can leverage that to benefit from it and in the long run increase her position. Are you unaware of the win win concept?

That's the reason you want to take GB and Kashmir from us.
Pakistan is stopping you from becoming another China. The moment you see Pakistan is of no longer use to you , you will be back to akhand Bharat and ghar wapisi campaign.
What would we do with an inherently hostile population of 240 million? Akhand bharat would add 240 million muslims to indian voters list, a desirable scenario im sure for the all the hardliners here. They would love more muslims.

Youre basically blowing up fears to an unreasonable extent.
You're not stopping us from economic growth anymore. No resources to keep with the competition, as that gap grows how would you propose Pakistani industry keep up given the resource constraints.

You suppress and undermine another community or religion and except them to trade with you. This is not how it works.
Economic prosperity only comes after political stability. So India need to work on better, honest and fair policies towards it's neighbours and mminorties.
Theres like a brazillion threads here where we go down the same route politely and poignantly informing each other of their many deficiencies and helpfull suggestions to shove it where the sun dont shine.

Why be the same old same old, lets assume in a far off alternqte universe India does work on better honest and fair policies towards its neighbors as defined by you, as a pakistani exporter what measures do you think you can take to benefit or take advantage of?

Last edited:
I am honored that you would consider me for a serious discussion but I'd like to state something.

Firstly, I have no qualms in admitting I am seriously under-qualified for most serious topics, let alone one of trade and economy.

Secondly, I just quit my job yesterday and am on here just shooting the proverbial shit and passing time. But, I like the topic and would love to see a serious discussion on it, although the prospects seems dim.

Thirdly, and this is related to the first one, when conversing with educated people such as yourself, I try to go by the golden adage attributed to Mark Twain:

P.S. May I invoke the @M. Sarmad . I see his is in the thread. You can have a serious conversation with him. He's as serious as they come (a compliment. )

Well, one of the commendable aspects of your participation in this forum is the rational and insightful nature of your contributions and engagement. As we grow older, we inevitably gain a greater comprehension of complex topics, and your trajectory suggests that you are well on your way to achieving this. Discussion forums like this one can be invaluable in refining our comprehension of contentious issues, provided that we approach them in a productive manner.

I'm not a expert on India and for that matter on Pakistan but this much l know that every time I've visited India and one has to make it clear pre-mumbai I've been welcomed very warmly even though one is treated differently on arrival by the immigration officials and once you somehow survive the police reporting it is smooth sailing. Once they find out you are from across the border, the drinks and the dosas are suddenly delicious and free sometimes. A taxi driver in new delhi wanted to know everything about Lahore from where his parents migrated during the upheaval of independence. He showed me most of delhi in 2 days and never took a rupee from me to my embarrassment. Finally I had to convince him with the help of the doorman at the brilliant Taj hotel to please take something. Hyderabad in the south was more of the same.

Not surprised

That's how people treat their superiors

A taxi driver in new delhi wanted to know everything about Lahore from where his parents migrated during the upheaval of independence. He showed me most of delhi in 2 days and never took a rupee from me to my embarrassment.
Of course the Punjabis will be more warm to Pakistani visitors, doesn't mean they represent the average Indian.

Ok, hatred deleted, lets talk business now.

Except business regularly screw over each other, suppliers, distributors and anyone really if it saves a dime. Take wallmart for example, its hub and spoke strategy and its every day low cost policy has caused it to aggresively pressurize its suppliers. They're infamous for it. There are countless examples, point is international trade and its mechanisms are built on lack of trust. Its a jungle out there theres no such thing as having your back.

Thats one of our incentives, yes, so what ? Are you telling me there is no economic way GoP can leverage that to benefit from it and in the long run increase her position. Are you unaware of the win win concept?

What would we do with an inherently hostile population of 240 million? Akhand bharat would add 240 million muslims to indian voters list, a desirable scenario im sure for the all the hardliners here. They would love more muslims.

Youre basically blowing up fears to an unreasonable extent.
You're not stopping us from economic growth anymore. No resources to keep with the competition, as that gap grows how would you propose Pakistani industry keep up given the resource constraints.

Theres like a brazillion threads here where we go down the same route politely and poignantly informing each other of the many deficiencies and helpfull suggestions to shove it where the sun dont shine.

Why be the same old same old, lets assume in a far off alternqte universe India does work on better honest and fair policies towards its neighbors as defined by you, as a pakistani exporter what measures do you think you can take to benefit or take advantage of?
We are 8 pages in and so far, no one has actually discussed the merits of the aforementioned trade. Rather people are debating the validity of your assumption, which only goes to show how far we are from a solution.

I always respected you, but you've kept this thread going for this long and are still trying to keep things from going off the rails. RESPEKT.

Back
Top Bottom