What's new

Altaic Family Tree

mongols and turks arent related mongols are looters , were different and we will get close and closer and closer till there will be more leaders who want a union then it will happen but there needs to be atleast 1 very strong country/ world power ( turkey soon maybe ) and a a few regional powers ( not world or regional superpower , good economy etc most prob kazakh and azerbaijan )

East Bengal was the south-eastern border of the Eurasian continent-wide Turko-Mongol push:

The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204

Genetic connection of Arabs and then Turko-Mongols with spread of Islam is a well known fact. Some places the Turkish language became predominant, in other more populous places, the cultural influence became more religious than linguistic.

But nationalism like Pan-Turkism or Pan-Turanism (Bozkurts?) sometimes promote many false and wrong headed ideas and pseudo facts. It was partly responsible for the breakup of Ottoman, by creating Arab nationalism as a reaction, as it is alleged.

Russia is still the winner in CAR's, but if Pakistan, Iran and Turkey can form a closer economic partnership and develop their region, the CAR's Turkics and Mongolians may join up, when this union may look more attractive. For now the Russians still provide jobs for CAR's migrant labor. But the future will be different, I am sure. Russia does not provide warm water port and direct land connection to South and South East Asia or Europe, which the southern Muslim countries provide.

It is wrong to blame Our patriotism for downfall of Ottomans keep in mind that the Turks were the last etnicity of all who adopted nationalism, they wanted independence and gained it too because in the end we were left on our own with our lands lost + remianing part under occupation after that ofcourse we had to be nationalist and go our own way too!

It is wrong to blame Our patriotism for downfall of Ottomans keep in mind that the Turks were the last etnicity of all who adopted nationalism, they wanted independence and gained it too because in the end we were left on our own with our lands lost + remianing part under occupation after that ofcourse we had to be nationalist and go our own way too!

I think I was mistaken in my previous post, Arab nationalism probably came first and Turkish nationalism came later, my apologies. May be the Ottoman breakup was probably more because of too slow adaptation to industrialization that was happening in Western Europe and the power imbalance created by this the lack of industrialization.

Let me show you guys some real Turks. Sorry I'm questioning your identity, but when I think of Turks this is what I picture in my mind.

1.In parts of BD like North Bengal and Sylhet we have similar horses locally called Tattoo Ghora, meaning horse of tattoo. Probably Turkic or Mongol origin. Just across Sylhet is India's Cachhar, a Muslim majority area mischievously included in India at Partition. Cachhar is reputed to be the place where Polo originated. And they still play the game using Tattoo Ghora.

2. Larger Arab or Persian horses haven't survived in this climate.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the origin of Ottoman Turks? They are originally Oghuz?

Ottomans were cosmopolitan society, Muslim in culture, but from many different ethnicities.

Kayi-Han they belong to Oguz Turk

Ottomans' Kayi origin is disputed. There is no evidence of Kayi origin. It was in mid 15th century invented to prove against Timurids' superiority claims. Timurids used to claim Rule of the whole world belong to descendants of Genghis Khan. Oghuz Khan story was then invented.

So how hard is it for you guys to understand language of Uzbekistan, or Turkmenistan?

I can speak Turkish and Tatar languages. I do understand Turkmen. It takes practice and education. Uzbek language, no.

The Ottomans were themselves Turks, why did they kill "many Turks" and forcibly pushed them eastwards?

Ottomans were a Muslim dynasty. When they founded their State, it was on Christian territory. Therefore State grew by absorbing Christians into the ranks. Anatolian Turkish aristocracy and Ottoman Devshirme (Convert) aristocary always clashed. It was shortly somethin like that: Muslim non-Turks against Muslim Turks.

What is the difference between Turks, Tartars, and Mongols?

They all seem to be from the steppes of Asia.

Turks are Turkic speaking settlers of Anatolia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq and Syria.

Tatars are Turkic speaking settlers of Russian steppes. Partially Mongol, Alan and Turkic genes.

Mongols are Mongol speaking people. Kazakh, Mongol, Uzbeks have lots of common.

But nationalism like Pan-Turkism or Pan-Turanism (Bozkurts?) sometimes promote many false and wrong headed ideas and pseudo facts. It was partly responsible for the breakup of Ottoman, by creating Arab nationalism as a reaction, as it is alleged.

I am glad that Ottoman State collapsed. Ottomans were like vampires, they lived on blood of Turks. Nationalism is a good thing, homogenous societies always achieve better results.

I can speak Turkish and Tatar languages. I do understand Turkmen. It takes practice and education. Uzbek language, no.

That's interesting, because Tatar is actually more different from Turkish than Uzbek. By the way, there is an Oghuz dialect in Eastern Uzbekistan, which should be relatively close to Turkish. I have also seen videos with some Turks who were in Uzbekistan and were able to communicate on basic level with local people.

Mongols are Mongol speaking people. Kazakh, Mongol, Uzbeks have lots of common.

I think that you meant Kazakhs, Mongols and Kyrgyz, because Uzbeks are culturally much closer to Tajiks and Iranians.

I am glad that Ottoman State collapsed. Ottomans were like vampires, they lived on blood of Turks. Nationalism is a good thing, homogenous societies always achieve better results.

Why the Turks didn't exclude the Kurdish speaking areas of Anatolia from their newly created state then?

mongols and turks arent related mongols are looters , were different and we will get close and closer and closer till there will be more leaders who want a union then it will happen but there needs to be atleast 1 very strong country/ world power ( turkey soon maybe ) and a a few regional powers ( not world or regional superpower , good economy etc most prob kazakh and azerbaijan )

Dude... Mongols are the closest relative to Turks after Turkic family... We share so many common words that I could understand great deal of a Mongolian speaking while I have no knowledge about Mongolian language...

That's interesting, because Tatar is actually more different from Turkish than Uzbek. By the way, there is an Oghuz dialect in Eastern Uzbekistan, which should be relatively close to Turkish. I have also seen videos with some Turks who were in Uzbekistan and were able to communicate on basic level with local people.

I think that you meant Kazakhs, Mongols and Kyrgyz, because Uzbeks are culturally much closer to Tajiks and Iranians.

Why the Turks didn't exclude the Kurdish speaking areas of Anatolia from their newly created state then?

Well, before the Armenian rebellion Kars and Erzurum were Turkish majority cities while after the rebellion Turks had to migrate to west and if we count Turks who migrated to Europe you could count the more than half of the Kurdish areas as Turkish. Even Tunceli was majority Turkish I still don't understand how Turkish Kızılbashs became Kurdish speaking people. :/

And the reason we can't communicate fully with other Turkic states except Azerbaijan Turks is that we have so many Persian and Arabic words in our language. Although like you said, Turks can communicate with other Turkic people in basic level with no problem.

The reason that two languages share lots of words is hidden in the history of Mongolia. Turks have ruled the Mongolia for centuries. The link below shows pictures from The National Museum of Mongolia which are famous as Turkish period of Mongolian history.
' +caption+ '

Dude... Mongols are the closest relative to Turks after Turkic family... We share so many common words that I could understand great deal of a Mongolian speaking while I have no knowledge about Mongolian language...

Are you sure that he wasn't a Kazakh or Tuvan or something like that? I find it hard to believe that a Turkish person could understand a Mongolian when even such basic thing as numbers are completely different in the two languages.

Well, before the Armenian rebellion Kars and Erzurum were Turkish majority cities while after the rebellion Turks had to migrate to west and if we count Turks who migrated to Europe you could count the more than half of the Kurdish areas as Turkish.

I think that the southeast of Anatolia has always been largely Kurdish. If the creators of the independent Turkish republic wished to establish a homonegous Turkish national state, they shouldn't have included them into it.

Even Tunceli was majority Turkish I still don't understand how Turkish Kızılbashs became Kurdish speaking people. :/

I suppose that it was the other way around. Kurdish speakers became Kizilbash through their coexistence with Turks. It's a natural thing if they have been living together for such a long time. Anyway, the alevism is a mix of various elements.

And the reason we can't communicate fully with other Turkic states except Azerbaijan Turks is that we have so many Persian and Arabic words in our language. Although like you said, Turks can communicate with other Turkic people in basic level with no problem.

Well, related languages might become rather distant over time even if their vocabularies are still largely of indigenous origin. It's a natural process. Actually, in the case of Turkish, the Kemalist language reform which purged a great deal of Arabic and Persian words from the language might have reduced the mutual intelligibility of Turkish with other Turkic languages in which nothing similar happened and there are many Arabic and Persian words in most of the other Turkic languages - especially in Uzbek and Uyghur (the Persian influence in Uzbek is so big that it partially lost its Altaic vocal harmony). Whereas there might have been the same Arabic or Persian word in Ottoman Turkish and Uzbek, there is a newly created word in modern Turkish, which is incomprehensible for an Uzbek or Uyghur speaker.

The world must be protected agains a Turkish union.. Otherwise the world will shake again !!!!

The world must be protected agains a Turkish union.. Otherwise the world will shake again !!!!

There will be no Turkish union because of the wrong policys of the turkish goverments before 1990. We had no relations with these Turkish countries and when the USSR collapsed, they were like fish out of water; they had no choice but to be a satellite of russia again. If Turkey had relations with them before the collapse, they would have asked turkey for help; then relations would have developed leading to a union.

1) historically, Kazakh and Uzbek nationalities came to existence after Mongol invasion. Genetically you are right kyrgyz and Kazakh are closer to Mongols.

2) if they did, it would have helped current situation. But there was a problem. While Kurds live majority in southeast, there are Turkish, Arab and Syriac people scattered around. Southeast Anatolia is not homogenous btw.

Back
Top Bottom