What's new

Altaf Hussain Seeks Political Asylum For His Supporters In India

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who migrated had to start from scratch... and they did...

the urdu speaking of Punjab have no problem... kirra sirf altaf ko hi hai... who makes these mindless statements.... no urdu speaking of Karachi would ever want to leave Pakistan... its their and our home... and to hell with Altaf and alike...

Not that India will give asylum, but still it is not here alone that I find that Mohajirs are treated a bit differently. Altaf's statement has spilt the bile.

I can't understand as to why.

Check your 'greats'.

They are mostly Mohajirs.

And just observe this thread and the others too!

I have no love lost for anyone, but when someone is treated unfairly, I am afraid, I cannot quite sit back and be quiet just because of dangers that may befall me if I spoke out!

Is it a Ethnic Conflict between Mohajirs and Pashthoons Which lasted this Long and the core reason?:what:
Karachi: A city in turmoil

By Aamir Latif

Islamonlin.net_Karachi

The port city of Karachi, the home of over 15 million people, on the one hand is the commercial hub of Pakistan, and collector of nearly 60 per cent of the country’s total taxes, but, on the other hand, the metropolis has been the heartland of ethnic and political violence that has engulfed the lives of hundreds of thousands people during the last 26 years, besides tottering the country’s economy.

Apart from ethnic violence, professional land grabbers, sectarian terrorists, drug traffickers, and gang-war criminals have also contributed their share in order to plunge once the city of lights into darkness during last two and half decades.

The city known as “mini-Pakistan” because almost all the ethnic groups inhabit here, began its journey from peace to chaos in 1986 when a Mohajir (those who migrated from India in 1947 at the time of creation of Pakistan are called Mohajirs that means migrants) young girl namely Bushra Zaidi was crushed by a bus driven by a Pashtun driver. The angry mobs not only torched the bus involved in the accident, but they set fire on several other buses and taxis mainly belonging to Pashtuns. The Pashtuns in returned torched the properties of Mohajirs, who speak the Urdu language, in some parts of the city.

The incident commonly known as the Bushra Zaidi case was the beginning of the ethnic violence, which engulfed the entire city within a few weeks. This was the event that turned out the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (MQM) to be so-called representative of Urdu speaking population of Karachi.
Karachi: A city in turmoil

I started this thread to get the opinion of you guys out their. I personally believe that Ataf Hussain is bring the Mohajirs name down and not doing himself any favours. I think the guy is a prat and laughing stock. He embarasses the people who sacrificed so much for pakistan that they left their homes on partition.. I think people like Mustafa Kamal and Farooq Sattar will want to distance themselves from this guy.

Not that India will give asylum, but still it is not here alone that I find that Mohajirs are treated a bit differently. Altaf's statement has spilt the bile.

Check your 'greats'.

I have no love lost for anyone, but when someone is treated unfairly, I am afraid, I cannot quite sit back and be quiet just because of dangers that may befall me if I spoke out!

How are they treated differently? I can tell you, as a 'Mohajir', I have never been called one in my life. No one has ever called me a 'Mohajir' in Pakistan. People call me, & think of me as a Pakistani.

In fact, if you are aware of Altaf Hussein & his politics, you will see that he lost the support of most 'Mohajirs' when the MQM split up into two factions in the 90s. Most 'Mohajirs' & most Karachiites today support the MQM (basically Mustafa Kamal) for their progressive attitude & in developing the city, however, almost all people don't like Altaf Hussein because of his past record, & it is only because of his leadership that the MQM is not as nationally recognized as it should be.

Check your 'greats'.

Being treated differently cannot be said true here in Punjab... in Karachi however Bhutto did discriminate against them..and then Zia used it and strengthen them into MQM..and now the same manipulation in going on in the name of muhajirs.... people to people ofcourse this has not been the case anywhere...

I do not understand the reason why the hell some people of Karachi follow this big mouth. This guy will failed miserably if he ever get the chance to lead his follower. He is actually follower of late Mujib of East Pakistan. He is conspiring against Pakistan to create another Sindhudesh. Like Mujib, his soul lay in India and I suggest state of Pakistan revoke his citizenship.

What ever issues taking place in Karachi should be settled through dialogs and compromise. Why are they acting like bunch of kids and digging their own grave?

why doesnt he go back to Pakistan and help those ppl who are dieing? i mean his party was in government for like 3 years and has he done?

I do not understand the reason why the hell some people of Karachi follow this big mouth. This guy will failed miserably if he ever get the chance to lead his follower. He is actually follower of late Mujib of East Pakistan. He is conspiring against Pakistan to create another Sindhudesh. Like Mujib, his soul lay in India and I suggest state of Pakistan revoke his citizenship.

What ever issues taking place in Karachi should be settled through dialogs and compromise. Why are they acting like bunch of kids and digging their own grave?

Two main reasons are victim mentality and hatred against other ethnicities.

Let us not bring in Punjabis who came from India. For them the cultural shock was not there. They were Punjabis and on this side, there were Punjabis and all were same.

For Mohajirs, it was a cultural shock. Most of the Mohajirs who migrated were not the lumpen lot (the lumpen lot were left behind in India since they had not the money or will to change ships midcourse). The Mohajirs who went to Pakistan were the educated and those who knew about governance, be it administration, judiciary or commerce. They were not the feudal satraps ruling over their bonded labour or moustachioed Military men with their large jagirs strutting around like brainless ho ho martinets having their chotas in the evening and all that!

If Altaf and the Mohajirs have grievances, don't you think that is worth your while to check why?

Please understand, the Mohajirs lost their hearth and home and they came over for the heady wine of Islam! That is a HUGE sacrifice. They started from SCRATCH. Not even a roof over their heads!

The 'sons of the soil' of Pakistan, what sacrifice they have done for the heady elixir of Islam? Think that over.
They still had their hearth and home, their jagirs, their vast fields and property that they lorded over and their boned labour (who were also the losers).

It is not for me to say and I am aware of it, but then injustice is something that sort of stirs me.

Check your country's greats. The majority are Mohajirs.

And I need an indian to give me advise on how I look at my fellow Pakistanis. Why dont you do take care of your own mess, and let us worry about ours.

Bohat bhalo bolo chay. I hope I said it right. This garbage needs to be delt with once and for all. And I hope if the army goes in this time, they clean out all the little rotten eggs let it be the mqm thugs the anp walas shindhi or who ever is yielding a gun against Pakistan.

Why juSt one month ?

And did they came through sea ? :lol: if i am not wrong it was Tariq Bin Ziyad who burned his boats :rofl: not a fatoo lol

Sabar ki kashtiyan kaisi hoti hain mere bhai.

BC setting in UK and talking about Accepting Death.Now talkin about Govt. isnt he in the Govt. ? rite now @$$ [-}0|3

i WiSh keh yeh Pak main Hota !!:tdown:

who was altaf's father ??

Definetly not a Human i guess R33ZNIH.

( Thank u leader pai for correcting me )

Bunch of kids playing with Pakistan

Dude I am more Pakistani then you will ever be in your entire life. For me and many here Pakistan doesnot revolve around being a mohajir or a shindhi or panjabi or kashmiri or balochi or a pathan or any other race livin in the geographical borders of Pakistan. We are all one and we are all Pakistan. It is delusional fools like you who listen to a roach living in luxury in some villa in london, and get all excited.

this PPP govt is a disgrace of 60 yrs of pakistani governance, they just have show all the colours of corrupt governance of pak and also sheds lights on why its necessary for overhauling of the entire system

hahahaha:lol: Now I understand why all Pukhtoons deserve Drone attacks. hahahah :azn::

You Pukhtoons sell drugs to start your business and u r calling ur self true muslims. hahahahazn::woot:

I guess you are talkin to your father who is setting in UK rite now :O on the phone in yr avtar :rofl:

Btw We are not muslims :P bacha khush ho ja warna koi aur pathan khush kar de ga tuje easy load kara keh tere avtar wale mobile main :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom