What's new

Altaf Hussain arrested in London over money laundering charges.

MQM receives millions through donations by party members all over the world. Keeping large amount of cash at home is not a crime. Its up to the British police to prove he was involved in money laundering. I think the Police is grasping on the straws here, when they couldn't find anything on Dr Imran Farooq's murder, they are now trying to scare him into doing something stupid.

You get scared and start planning to run when you have something up your sleeve. Trying to get a Pakistani Passport and a NICOP gave that away real quick.

Man arrested on suspicion of money laundering

Officers have this morning (3 June) arrested a 60-year-old man on suspicion of money laundering.

The arrest took place at a residential address in northwest London.

Officers are at present searching the address.

Not prepared to discuss further at this stage.

MQM is doing official press conference and still insisting that he has not been arrested

MQM receives millions through donations by party members all over the world. Keeping large amount of cash at home is not a crime. Its up to the British police to prove he was involved in money laundering. I think the Police is grasping on the straws here, when they couldn't find anything on Dr Imran Farooq's murder, they are now trying to scare him into doing something stupid.
If you get donations, you have 1 account under your name or your institution but if you have many offshore accounts which are under vague name and you dont declare them as yours...that can be 1 of the 1st things which puts you on radar!

I beg to disagree, just spoke to mamoo in karachi, as per him situation is not so pleasant....

its not so grim either, just spoke to my friend, most of the non MQM areas are being incited for violence through arial firing etc

How do you prove money laundering? Because he had large amount of cash at home? I keep cash at home too and many people keep large amount of cash at home.
As long as you can prove and provide the source of that money you are fine, like i can send and receieve USD as long as i can prove that it is my salary that i receieve and amount being sent away is a personal loan or a fee etc.... If you have cash stashed up at home and source is business then it legit money but you will be caught for tax fraud.....
In order to prove money laundering, prosecution will have to come up with evidence, trail of cash, paperwork, witnesses etc

If you get donations, you have 1 account under your name or your institution but if you have many offshore accounts which are under vague name and you dont declare them as yours...that can be 1 of the 1st things which puts you on radar!

We are not talking about accounts, but large amount of cash found at residence of Altaf Hussain. Again many people keep cash at home, so how do you prove money laundering?

Raabta Juice COmmittee ka Ijlaaas shuru hogaya hey aur unka apnay parhi likhi jahil Kutaaas ko kehna hey kay woh Karachi ko jalana band karain ub agar Scotland Yard nay unke Amma Aaapa eek kardi hey tu ismay Karachi ka kya kasoor hey - Thank You - Farooq Choolay wala - MQM Raabta Juice committeee

The MQM to the British: 'You've arrested our leader so now we are going to burn down Karachi... THAT WILL SHOW YOU.' Aho !

We are not talking about accounts, but large amount of cash found at residence of Altaf Hussain. Again many people keep cash at home, so how do you prove money laundering?
I told you how you prove money laundering ...1 sign is accounts that you own and dont declare so you get to evict taxation...

Money laundering is the process whereby the proceeds of crime are transformed into ostensibly legitimate money or other assets. However in a number of legal and regulatory system the term money laundering has become conflated with other forms of financial crime, and sometimes used more generally to include misuse of the financial system, including terrorism financing, tax evasion and evading of international sanctions.

I thought you were saying, media isbjust over exaggerating and creating hype??
I dont know about exaggerating...UK police is not releasing details....But it is creating a hype making idiots to destroy Pakistan...wonder if anyone thought of deploying some extra security measures for Karachi?!

We hope Next case after pml-n is thrown out this Year; A money laundering case should be registered and investigated against Sharif brothers.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom