What's new

Altaf Hussain arrested in London over money laundering charges.

BpMtXP6CEAAgFqP.jpg:large

We are not talking about accounts, but large amount of cash found at residence of Altaf Hussain. Again many people keep cash at home, so how do you prove money laundering?
I think its more a case of accuse not being able to prove that the money was transferred legally and all applicable taxes were paid. So accuse has to justify that he received/transferred the amount legally(through bank records and custom declarations at the time of arrival in the country or legal sources of income declared in tax returns). my 2 cents.

I told you how you prove money laundering ...1 sign is accounts that you own and dont declare so you get to evict taxation...

Money laundering is the process whereby the proceeds of crime are transformed into ostensibly legitimate money or other assets. However in a number of legal and regulatory system the term money laundering has become conflated with other forms of financial crime, and sometimes used more generally to include misuse of the financial system, including terrorism financing, tax evasion and evading of international sanctions.

I dont know about exaggerating...UK police is not releasing details....But it is creating a hype making idiots to destroy Pakistan...wonder if anyone thought of deploying some extra security measures for Karachi?!
As far as i know, tax evasion or tax fraud, is a different play, and doea not fall into money laundering, money laundering is turning my black money into legit white money... Like 3 yrs back an SSP from one of Punjab district asked me to assist him in buying him a house in London from the cash (3crore) he had in Pakistan..... :D

Here is my take on the news

MQM held emergency meeting, held a press conference claiming Altaf Hussain has not been arrested. The point to note is Altaf Hussain is most popular politician over the Telephonic conferences. He could take his ever charged phone and call back to MQM leadership or the Media. They could arrange telephonic conference to confirm he was not arrested.

But MQM could not do that and rather gave general statement to prolong the matter. I somewhat is now convinced that he has been arrested

Yeah ... just like Sunny Leon is virgin :lol:

lol dude, you watch too much ****, keep control

Here is my take on the news

MQM held emergency meeting, held a press conference claiming Altaf Hussain has not been arrested. The point to note is Altaf Hussain is most popular politician over the Telephonic conferences. He could take his ever charged phone and call back to MQM leadership or the Media. They could arrange telephonic conference to confirm he was not arrested.

But MQM could not do that and rather gave general statement to prolong the matter. I somewhat is now convinced that he has been arrested

police is inside the house recording his statements, how can he do telephonic conference during interrogation?

Money-laundering: MQM chief Altaf Hussain arrested in London
Money-laundering: MQM chief Altaf Hussain arrested in London | Pakistan | Dunya News

Scotland Yard arrested Altaf Hussain in London.

LONDON (Web Desk) – Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has been arrested in connection with the money-laundering case, Dunya News reported on Tuesday.

Metropolitan Police of London had started money laundering probe against Altaf Hussain after they recovered some money from his house, whose source could not be ascertained

During the investigation of Imran Farooq murder case the Scotland Yard had found 0.4 million pound sterling from Altaf Husaain s house following which it spread its scope of investigation.

According to Wikipedia, in UK the principal money laundering offences carry a maximum penalty of 14 years imprisonment under Section 334, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.

Following, the arrest of Altaf Hussain, negative impact was seen in Karachi Stock Exchange as the KSE-100 index dropped by 780 points.

Muttahida Qaumi Movement leaders have started arriving at Nine Zero. According to MQM leader Khwaja Izharul Hassan, the Coordination Committee has called for an emergency meeting to review the situation. MQM Coordination Committee will hold a press conference at 3:00pm today.

On the other hand, security has been put on high alert in Karachi and Hyderabad.

Shops and businesses have started to shut down in Karachi and other cities of Sindh. Markets in Gari Khata, Naya Pul, Latifabad and other areas of Hyderabad were closed.

The British Commission in Karachi has also been temporarily shut down.

MQM Chief Altaf Hussain arrested in London under money laundering charges - 3rd June 2014
Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain was arrested in London on the charges of money laundering, sources in MQM said on Tuesday. The London Police had been investigating Hussain in this case for over several months now. In a TV interview, Altaf had revealed that all his bank accounts in Britain had been frozen by the authorities. The MQM chief had admitted that the British authorities had conducted raids at his house and at his office. Javed Chaudhry, while speaking to Express News today, said London Police were investigating Hussain for three cases of money laundering, hate speech and Imran Farooq murder.

MQM Chief Altaf Hussain arrested in London under money laundering charges - 3rd June 2014

Elite investigative agencies of United Kingdom have interrogated Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Altaf Hussain for seven hours in connection with money laundering case.

The MQM leader has been summoned for the second phase of interrogation on July 17, Daily Dunya has reported.

The agency, which investigates money laundering and anti-terrorim affairs, called Altaf Hussain at a police station in Central London.

The interrogators asked queries about money recovered during a raid at Altaf’s residence and property in name of Altaf Hussain and his source of income.

Altaf Hussain said that the property was purchased with donations from party workers and it was owned by MQM. The hard cash is also the donations from the party workers, he further said.

According to sources, if the property and money is proved to be legal, then the case would be resolved against the MQM leader.

MQM Altaf Hussain face 7 hours interrogation on money launder and Dr. Imran Farooq killing

If his declared source of income is not the same as his "actual" source then that can be considered a crime @janz

As far as i know, tax evasion or tax fraud, is a different play, and doea not fall into money laundering, money laundering is turning my black money into legit white money... Like 3 yrs back an SSP from one of Punjab district asked me to assist him in buying him a house in London from the cash (3crore) he had in Pakistan..... :D
wiki told me something else :ashamed:

You all need a lesson in sarcasm. Check reacent hordings in karachi that stated that he was father of Pakistan

father of the nation not pakistan, actually nation meaning mohajirs, or urdu speakers

it was used as slogan in 1988 elections when MQM was mohajir qomi movement

Arrested in London.. & the violence in Karachi...?:undecided:

Pakistan MQM leader Altaf Hussain 'held in London'

Police in London have arrested the leader of Pakistan's MQM party, Altaf Hussain, on money-laundering charges, the BBC understands.

Officers are searching a residential address in north-west London, where a 60-year-old man was detained.

Mr Hussain has lived in the UK since 1991, saying his life would be at risk if he returned to Pakistan.

Police in Karachi, Pakistan's largest city, which the MQM controls, have been put on alert amid reports of violence.

Shootings have been reported from some parts of the city, which BBC correspondents say is tense.

Traffic jams are reported in Karachi and other cities in Sindh province as businesses start to close and people head home fearing violence.

Security is being tightened around the British mission in the city and other buildings.

Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) party leaders are holding an emergency meeting at their headquarters in Karachi.

The city has been wracked by violence - much of it politically motivated.

BBC News - Pakistan MQM leader Altaf Hussain 'held in London'

iss badmash ki waja se kitnay log marte han.... iss kiyu kuch nai hota...
bhai Pakistan aai to iska b number lga hua hai is dar se to ata nai hai :rofl:

father of the nation not pakistan, actually nation meaning mohajirs, or urdu speakers

it was used as slogan in 1988 elections when MQM was mohajir qomi movement
bhai i am a mojahir and i live in punjab i migrated from jaladhar bt i hate this moti bhains plz mohajir mohajir krna band kro

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom