What's new

Allow Accounts to be Permanently Deleted

Rusty

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I found out that accounts cannot be permanently be deleted.

I would like to suggest that PDF allow such a feature as it can be useful for people who no longer want to have accounts on PDF.

It's always a good idea to have such a feature on any kind of social website.

I found out that accounts cannot be permanently be deleted.

I would like to suggest that PDF allow such a feature as it can be useful for people who no longer want to have accounts on PDF.

It's always a good idea to have such a feature on any kind of social website.

The soft delete is better than the full delete. If you completely delete the account from the database, that will put an impact on those threads which have a link with that particular account. In this scenario, you have two options, whether to keep those threads with Anonymous starter (which is not a good thingy) or you can completely remove or hide from the forum. If you hide or delete threads, it could be possible you gonna lose very good discussion or important information (discussed by many in the thread).

Yeah, maybe a soft delete option where it only deletes your account and leaves everything else. That would be ideal as it won't affect anything already posted.

The soft delete is better than the full delete. If you completely delete the account from the database, that will put an impact on those threads which have a link with that particular account. In this scenario, you have two options, whether to keep those threads with Anonymous starter (which is not a good thingy) or you can completely remove or hide from the forum. If you hide or delete threads, it could be possible you gonna lose very good discussion or important information (discussed by many in the thread).

Never thought about it this way. Now it make sense.

Last edited:
Never thought about it this way. No it make sense.

Usually that kind of a section from where you're managing all the users (admin/mods/members) we call it User Management or a UMM (User Management Module). It is very simple, you can't tell or explain everything to everyone & every time. Sometimes you refer (sharing URL) of the important threads while giving or strengthening your arguments. It's easy for the information foraging. Its an important to maintain the credibility of the forum or any discussion board, you have to show the name of the analyst, expert etc who has provided the required or imp information.

Back
Top Bottom