What's new

Allama Iqbal about Turkic Kayi Tribe of - Founders of Ottoman Empire.

Cornered Tiger

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As there is a lot of buzz these days about the TRT Resurrection - Ertugrul which is being on air at PTV as well. No doubt its a season of century for me. Great effort to restore confidence of Muslims all around the world in themselves.

I just want to add some bit of additional knowledge about Kayi Tribe of Turkic Origin lead by Suleman Shah and then Ertugrul Ghazi. This tribe led the foundation of 600 year long era of Ottoman Empire and see what Hazrat Allama Mohammad Iqbal said this tribe.

Koi Qabil Ho Tau Hum Shan-e-Kayi Dete Hain
Dhoondne Walon Ko Dunya Bhi Nai Dete Hain!

RODIW3t.png

Source: http://www.iqbal.com.pk/component/content/article/7-poetical-works/kuliyat-e-iqbal-urdu/bang-e-dra/baang-e-dara-part3/229-jawab-e-shikwa

Allama Iqbal - a deep case of confused identity.

Iqbal reveals the confused identity in us. His philosophy is epoch making. Problem is, we are not educated enough.

Iqbal still is ahead of the times. As we meekly serve in this era of neo-colonialism, Iqbal message is one of freedom and liberty which we wont understand unless we know what freedom really is.

Islamic Ummah is relying on Turkey and Pakistan to save our youth from the rotten values of Hollywood. We cannot afford to disappoint!

That's not a collective choice. It is a self realization that every community needs to carve out from within itself, to preserve national and religious culture, ideology and identity.
I don't believe in such gimmicks though; Hindutva extremists use the same argument, that we should 'preserve' the culture of our forefathers. I believe in opening up and adopting what is beneficial and progressive.

The funny thing is for most of my life I used to think that "Shan e Kayi" in this couplet means "several glories" thinking that "kayi" here is everyday word which means "several". But then after long time I realized that this "Kai" is something else or some Turkic tribe of the past. And I am not the only one who got it wrong throughout my early age, all my other friends in school and college also used to think "kayi" here means "several" :lol:.

That's not a collective choice. It is a self realization that every community needs to carve out from within itself, to preserve national and religious culture, ideology and identity.
I don't believe in such gimmicks though; Hindutva extremists use the same argument, that we should 'preserve' the culture of our forefathers. I believe in opening up and adopting what is beneficial and progressive.
Opening up to things that are beneficial and progressive is one thing, readily accepting anything and everything pumped out by the Hollywood is entirely another. One's wanting to preserve his culture is no gimmick. It's how you preserve the language of your forefathers, protect your culture, values and consequently even land/resources. I'm sorry, but I've seen a hundred anti-Muslim movies too many to trust that the Hollywood has my best interests at heart.

Islamic Ummah is relying on Turkey and Pakistan to save our youth from the rotten values of Hollywood. We cannot afford to disappoint!

have you watched other turkish dramas, with half naked turkish females like the hollywood?

regards

have you watched other turkish dramas, with half naked turkish females like the hollywood?

regards
I don't watch a lot of dramas, or even TV in general. Dirilis Ertugrul has been a rare exception. But to suggest that Turkish cinema has been nearly as harmful and defamatory to Islam as Hollywood is just ridiculous. That said, if you don't want to watch Turkish dramas and instead would rather stick with American movies, well, no one's putting a gun to your head. I assume you're a grown azz man. Do as you wish.

I don't watch a lot of dramas, or even TV in general. Dirilis Ertugrul has been a rare exception. But to suggest that Turkish cinema has been nearly as harmful and defamatory to Islam as Hollywood is just ridiculous. That said, if you don't want to watch Turkish dramas and instead would rather stick with American movies, well, no one's putting a gun to your head. I assume you're a grown azz man. Do as you wish.

You're right. I was watching Ozark and just in the first episode, the main FBI guy says the most racist nonsense. "If Mafia, Muslims weren't extorting, killing people, flying planes into buildings, they would be cleaning toilets"

That's the message. Muslims either fly planes to buildings like terrorists or they are backward toilet cleaners.

Messages like these are all over in Western shows.

This is why a lot of people are angry with Ertugrul because it glorifies Muslims, something that doesn't happen on TV.

Back
Top Bottom