What's new

All Pakistanis regardless of religion rally in support of Jamaat Ud Dawa!

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani Hindus rally to support Islamic charity
Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:46pm IST Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+]
1 of 1Full SizeBy Hamid Shaikh

HYDERABAD, Pakistan (Reuters) - About 200 Hindu women protested in Pakistan on Tuesday against restrictions on an Islamic charity that India says is a front for a militant group it blames for attacks in Mumbai last month.

Muslim Pakistan has a Hindu minority, many of whom are impoverished agricultural workers, but the women in the southern city of Hyderabad rejected what they called pressure by mostly Hindu India to ban the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity.

"How can an organisation be terrorist if it's been providing food and water to us despite knowing that we're not Muslims?" said Biga Ram, a 40-year protester.

"They're friends of humanity. We condemn the ban. It's unjust," she said.

The protesters gathered outside the Hyderabad press club chanting slogans in support of the charity and holding banners with messages such as: "Jamaat-ud-Dawa is not terrorist" and "We condemn the banning of Jamaat-ud-Dawa under Indian pressure".

Pakistan has not yet formally banned the charity but has rounded up dozens of its activists, detained some of its leaders, shut its offices and frozen its bank accounts as part of a crackdown on suspected Islamists since the Mumbai attacks.

India says the charity is a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant group, which it says was set up by Pakistan to fight Indian rule in the disputed Kashmir region.

India says the 10 gunmen who attacked Mumbai, killing 179 people, trained with the LeT in Pakistan.

A committee of the U.N. Security Council last week added the Jamaat-ud-Dawa to a list of people and groups facing sanctions for ties to al Qaeda or the Taliban.

The charity played a major role in providing help to victims of an earthquake that killed 73,000 people in northern Pakistan in 2005.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani said on Tuesday authorities would take control of the charity's projects and ensure they are continued for the benefit of the people.

Most Hindus living in what is now Pakistan migrated east to India at the time of the partition of the sub-continent at the time of independence from Britain in 1947.

But several million remain and rights groups say they, like other religious minorities, often face discrimination directed against non-Muslims.

Pakistani Hindus rally to support Islamic charity | Top News | Reuters

it really upsets me minorities don't have as much rights as muslims in pakistan hindus have been marginalized too much inshallah I hope we can do more to improve their rights and give them equal status as muslims thats what jinnah wanted.

They have rights wat are u talking they are happy in Pakistan and we dont bother them or abuse them yes perhaps more can be done as in any country but our hindus are very happy to be Pakistani i have 2 friends in karachi who are hindus and no issues wat so ever GOD bless Pakistan with all the minorites in it .

Last edited:

HYDERABAD: About 200 Hindu women protested in Pakistan yesterday against restrictions on an Islamic charity that India says is a front for a militant group it blames for attacks in Mumbai last month.
Pakistan has a Hindu minority, many of whom are impoverished agricultural workers, but the women in the southern city of Hyderabad rejected what they called pressure by mostly Hindu India to ban the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity.
“How can an organisation be terrorist if it’s been providing food and water to us despite knowing that we’re not Muslims?” said Biga Ram, a 40-year protester.
“They’re friends of humanity. We condemn the ban. It’s unjust,” she said.
The protesters gathered outside the Hyderabad press club chanting slogans in support of the charity and holding banners with messages such as: “Jamaat-ud-Dawa is not terrorist” and “We condemn the banning of Jamaat-ud-Dawa under Indian pressure”.
Pakistan has not yet formally banned the charity but has rounded up dozens of its activists, detained some of its leaders, shut its offices and frozen its bank accounts as part of a crackdown on suspected Islamists since the Mumbai attacks.
India says the charity is a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant group, which it says was set up by Pakistan to fight Indian rule in the disputed Kashmir region.
India says the 10 gunmen who attacked Mumbai, killing 195 people, trained with the LeT in Pakistan.
A committee of the UN Security Council last week added the Jamaat-ud-Dawa to a list of people and groups facing sanctions for ties to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.
The charity played a major role in providing help to victims of an earthquake that killed 73,000 people in northern Pakistan in 2005.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said yesterday authorities would take control of the charity’s projects and ensure they are continued for the benefit of the people.
Most Hindus living in what is now Pakistan migrated east to India at the time of the partition of the sub-continent at the time of independence from Britain in 1947.
But several million remain and rights groups say they, like other religious minorities, often face discrimination directed against non-Muslims. – Reuters

---
Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Pakistan/Afghanistan

How, with this sentence:

despite the fact pakistani hindus face discrimination sometimes, they still came out to defend the charity. if u think they are so opressed in pakistan then y would u expect them to out and defend any charity without any reason. and if they have come out that actually means this charity is not some kind of a star plus drama but is actually involved in welfare work.

off the topic..... u started believin pakistani hinuds are being discriminated after readin that one line in the end. but u failed to notice that our hindu brothers and sisters have come out to defend an islamic charity coz it was facilitatin them in one way or the other. now y would an islamic charity, which according to u ppl is apparenly run by so called terrorists, will help hindus if there is discrimination in our society.

Jamat-ud-Dawa has helped many people in Pakistan.
They were the first ones to help earthquake victims in Azad Kashmir and Balochistan.

They have rights wat are u talking they are happy in Pakistan and we dont bother them or abuse them yes perhaps more can be done as in any country but our hindus are very happy to Pakistani i have 2 friends in karachi who are hindus and no issues wat so ever GOD bless Pakistan with all the minorites in it .

I'm not saying everyone is like this i'm sure theres also many that are happy but theres also many have been treated unfairly i've seen it with my own eyes.Lets not bury our head in the sand first step towards fixing a fault is admitting it discrimination exists in pakistan like it or not much more needs to be done to protect and boost minorities .I'm not generalising saying the whole country is bigotted i'm just saying discrimination is still a big problem and we still have long way to go before we can honestly tell ourselves that EVERY SINGLE citizen of pakistan is equal.

Speaking of rights for minorities, who is the state of Pakistan to tell Ahmediyya's whether they are Muslims or not?

That is solely Allah's determination to make.

The State needs to get out of the business of regulating individual faith.

outside Karachi Press Club - noon today:

Apparently I can't post pics yet.

you can see them and read about it on PakistanKaKhudaHafiz[dot]com

could someone else please post it here?

:tup:

Speaking of rights for minorities, who is the state of Pakistan to tell Ahmediyya's whether they are Muslims or not?

That is solely Allah's determination to make.

The State needs to get out of the business of regulating individual faith.

off topic........well bro pakistan is an islamic country and therefore it is gov duty to inform the people wat is rit and wat is wrong.
ahmediyas dont believe in the finality of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). even in Quran Allah has clearly said that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the last messenger. and who so ever does not believe in that is a non muslim.
its upto God to decide who is better than whom, but we should be clear in our mind that who muslims are. tomorrow if someone comes and says God has 3 sons and then he says he is a muslim. wat would u expect me to do. obviously i would say he is a non muslim. if he is better in deeds than me that Allah knows best and accordingly we will be rewarded.

off topic........well bro pakistan is an islamic country and therefore it is gov duty to inform the people wat is rit and wat is wrong.
ahmediyas dont believe in the finality of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). even in Quran Allah has clearly said that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the last messenger. and who so ever does not believe in that is a non muslim.
its upto God to decide who is better than whom, but we should be clear in our mind that who muslims are. tomorrow if someone comes and says God has 3 sons and then he says he is a muslim. wat would u expect me to do. obviously i would say he is a non muslim. if he is better in deeds than me that Allah knows best and accordingly we will be rewarded.
What is 'right and wrong' should only refer to 'earthly matters' - such as crime, indecency perhaps etc.

However, the basis for the Ahmediya restrictions is theological. What is to stop an extremist Sunni or Shia regime to declare Shia or Sunni's as 'non-Muslim' because of some theological dispute over the Caliphs or something else?

In fact, I believe some extremist scholars have done just that, and declared the other sect as 'non-Muslim'.

The government should not be determining who is a Muslim and who isn't - that is Allah's decision.

If someone comes to you and says that God had three sons and that he is Muslim, you should respectfully disagree and try to convince him of your viewpoint, if he wishes to listen.

You should not run crying and whining to the government to get that person declared a 'non-Muslim' if you cannot convince someone through civil discourse.

Tue, Dec 16 07:46 PM

About 200 Hindu women protested in Pakistan on Tuesday against restrictions on an Islamic charity that India says is a front for a militant group it blames for attacks in Mumbai last month.

Muslim Pakistan has a Hindu minority, many of whom are impoverished agricultural workers, but the women in the southern city of Hyderabad rejected what they called pressure by mostly Hindu India to ban the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity.

"How can an organisation be terrorist if it's been providing food and water to us despite knowing that we're not Muslims?" said Biga Ram, a 40-year protester.

"They're friends of humanity. We condemn the ban. It's unjust," she said.

"The protesters gathered outside the Hyderabad press club chanting slogans in support of the charity and holding banners with messages such as: Jamaat-ud-Dawa is not terrorist" and "We condemn the banning of Jamaat-ud-Dawa under Indian pressure".

India says the 10 gunmen who attacked Mumbai, killing 179 people, trained with the LeT in Pakistan.

A committee of the U.N. Security Council last week added the Jamaat-ud-Dawa to a list of people and groups facing sanctions for ties to al Qaeda or the Taliban.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani said on Tuesday authorities would take control of the charity's projects and ensure they are continued for the benefit of the people.

What a terrorist organization this is! WoW! The idiots in government who banned these guys should be shot! India should be sent a very strong message for their mass terrorism in mumbai where their own hindu fanatics killed 190 innocents but blamed Pakistan for it.. All proof points to Indian hindu fanatics. We absolutely condemn the bullshit game India is playing

I have done social work and I have seen jamat ud dawa workers working and i can say they work much better than any other organization i have worked under. They provide all relief in civil hospital in karachi. This is the biggest bullshit thing our government can do. I will organize a protest against this. Be prepared for a march on jan 4 karachites.

Pakistan first second and last!

Hundreds of members of Pakistan's Hindu community have turned out to protest on behalf of a Muslim charity accused by India over the deadly Mumbai attacks.

The protesters in the city of Hyderabad in Sindh province complained that Jamaat-ud-Dawa was not a terrorist organisation and should not be banned.

They said it was a "saviour" in providing food and water.

India says Jamaat-ud-Dawa is a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba which it blames for the attacks that killed more than 170.

Water wells

Many in Pakistan's minority Hindu community are poor farm workers.

One protester, Biga Ram, told Reuters news agency: "How can an organisation be terrorist if it's been providing food and water to us despite knowing that we're not Muslims?"

She added: "They're friends of humanity. We condemn the ban. It's unjust."

Some of the banners read: "Do not ban our saviour!"

Bhai Chand, a Hindu community leader, told Associated Press the charity had set up water wells in the desert.

Pakistan has yet formally to ban Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which has been put on a blacklist by the UN Security Council.

Its bank accounts have been frozen by the Pakistani government and a number of members detained.

India blames Lashkar-e-Taiba, which is fighting Indian rule in Kashmir, for training the Mumbai attackers. The group and the Pakistani government deny involvement.

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Hindus rally for Muslim charity

Back
Top Bottom