What's new

All new CX-1 supersonic anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM) - Chinese Answer to Brahmos

probability that guy never heard of GLONAS
Brahmos can use GPS or GLONAS without anyone‘s permission.
But only civilian used channel I think.
And easily to be jammed.

I wonder why???its just a miniaturized version of Brahmos which will be carried by Aircraft.I wonder whats new in it..

you guys should be interested in Brahmos-2,Hypersonic Cruise Missile(Mach-7).

this one..

View attachment 148342
Brahmos-M is more practical than Brahmos-2.
Brahmos-2 is only an ideal. Even American is still developing such kind of weapon. It's a future weapon. We will not be interested unless there are news of successful test.
Although Brahmos-M is a miniaturized version. It is claimed to have same range as the air-launched Brahmos.That's what I am interested in.
SU-30MKI would carry three missiles. It also can be carried by Mig29k which make it post more threat than the original version.

Last edited:
Brahmos can use GPS or GLONAS without anyone‘s permission.
But only civilian used channel I think.
And easily to be jammed.

genius GLONAS is russian and Brahmos or any other Indian military weapon can use the military signals and Indian navigational system is coming online from 2015 so India wont need GPS, GLONAS.

@WebMaster @Horus: This guy has juice. I'd recommend him for a full TT position.

Sure, but the best route is a networked attack. From the air you have the P-3 and JF-17, plus Z-9ECs, with upgrades the Harpoon can become very resistant to electronic countermeasures, from the sea the PN can provide a good offensive or defensive punch and land based systems can join in to. Overwhelm your enemy with a combined and networked attack that sees all assets working as one, and not individual parts. This concept seems like a no-brainer, but actually its rather complicated to put into practice. Once even the USAF and USN fought over who does what, now are they only developing a joint strategy called air-sea battle. It's not the system or sensor that matters, its how its used that makes all the difference. The Navy, Air Force and Land force must work together and in concert without disruption or arguments. This alone would give Pakistan an edge over many of its neighbors.

As for systems that can defeat the IN, Pakistan's current inventory goes along way to fulfilling that requirement. The Harpoon is old, as is the Exocet and its Chinese counterpart the C-802, but these systems, being small, agile, resistant to electronic countermeasures and possessing a flight profile that makes them harder to detect are still great systems. Age doesn't matter too much if care is taken to upgrade a weapon. The CM-400 has enough kinetic energy alone to put any IN ship (minus the aircraft carriers) out of action with a single hit, the explosive just makes sure it will never be salvaged. This is a very deadly weapon and one that will be a great item to add in further numbers. My recommendation to the PN is too add the Klub series, or its Chinese counterpart the YJ-18. Its a smart system that flies an erratic flight profile making it difficult to detect, track and target with offensive countermeasures. Very resistant to electronic defense, and capable of a high-speed dash to its target in the final moments of flight, this would be a massive increase in Pakistan's capabilities. It's air, surface (land and sea) and sub-surface launched making it versatile as well. India uses the Klub-S and Klub-N variants, Pakistan should not let India get ahead in this race.

CX-1-2.jpg

CX-1-1.jpg

all I know is that military heavyweights such as US, China Rusia look down on supersonic missiles such as CX-1 and Brahmos, except after they evolve into sth hypersonic (such as > 5mach).

This is because they are almost useless and not a real threat to other big boys with advanced AESA radar-equipped destroyers supported by AWACS, drones, sats, ... a full range of pre-warning systems.

That's why the US, Chinese and Russian navies prefer advanced low-flying "assasins"- sub-sonic missiles in general, and export supersonic ones.

Nonetheless for countries like India missiles such as Brahmos are still the "god"... the "god" prior to the arrival of the "super troll of the year CX-1" of course :lol:

CX-1 and brahmos are in general comparable on paper, due to their common ancestor - we all know who that is.

However, between these two, I'd buy CX-1 anytime of a day, cuz more reliable, more mature, more quality and likely even cheaper, lighter, even with better paint! :rofl: and ... i've never heard of anything good from Made-in-India even with TOT by Russia. Actually the only thing that coming from India that can fly is the holy cow, as far as I am aware. :lol:

and BTW, another thing perhaps even more important : Brahmos uses GPS - needs permissions from both Ruskies and the Yankees when it really matters, while CX-1 is Beidou- guided. :tup:

Your points are retarded. Waht about Chinese permission when it really matters? You would buy CX-1 because of reliability? Its a new product with no stats to back it up? Have you ever purchased a Chinese made product in the West? I have in the US, and its crap.

Sounds like you're pretty biased but I can figure out why.

You are correct - A hypothetical Chinese CBG would be nowhere close to a USN CBG in capabilities. However, I also think there's little to no chance of a Chinese carrier battlegroup fighting in India's backyard either. What would be the ultimate goal of something like that? China has declared core interests and the Indian Ocean is decidedly not on that list. Frankly, I think a Chinese/Indian clash at sea is highly unlikely unless it took place in the SCS. China simply has no interest in the Indian Ocean in which case it would be an Indian CBG versus a Chinese CBG plus Chinese assets from Hainan and whatever Chinese airfields existed in the Spratley's at that time.

Didn't China claim an underwater area in the Indian Ocean for mining?

most probably russians shared all the test data and all the tech. of Brahmos to Chinese :patsak:,
better India moves on to western weapons for our JVs.
russians can not be trusted more as they are becoming too dependent on chinese.

Either that or Chinese Trojans have already downloaded the info from Russian and Indian servers. Another possibility is the theft of design or even an actual missile from India or Russia.

Brahmos-M is more practical than Brahmos-2.
Brahmos-2 is only an ideal. Even American is still developing such kind of weapon. It's a future weapon. We will not be interested unless there are news of successful test.
Although Brahmos-M is a miniaturized version. It is claimed to have same range as the air-launched Brahmos.That's what I am interested in.
SU-30MKI would carry three missiles. It also can be carried by Mig29k which make it post more threat than the original version.

agree with you.but India is near to test Brahmos-2..so,not so future weapons.plus,US are not making any hypersonic missiles as far as I know.

agree with you.but India is near to test Brahmos-2..so,not so future weapons.plus,US are not making any hypersonic missiles as far as I know.
They are testing.
X51 & AHW.
But all failed.
We have WU14(named by the Pentagon,the real name is unknow).
But this kind of weapon needs decades to develop.
You can not rely on it know.

They are testing.
X51 & AHW.
But all failed.
We have WU14(named by the Pentagon,the real name is unknow).
But this kind of weapon needs decades to develop.
You can not rely on it know.

none are weapons...

X-51---aircraft,not missile.
AHW-don't know what that is..possibly HGV.
WU-14--HGV.different platform...

Brahmos-2 is hypersonic missile,neither aircraft,nor HGV.

Back
Top Bottom