What's new

All eyes on Yuvraj Singh as India take on Kiwis in first T20I

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
VISAKHAPATNAM: A battered and bruised New Zealand will seek to revive their fortunes inthe first T20 International against India on Saturday evening.
The match itself, however, looks likely to be overshadowed by the overwhelming focus on comeback man Yuvraj Singh, who will play his first game for India after a successful battle with cancer. The southpaw will be keen on getting his career back on track.
Yuvraj has not played competitive cricket since the two home Tests against the West Indies last November, and it has been an emotional choice to recall him as soon as he was declared fit by doctors at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore, where he began light training in July."It is hard to believe that I willbe playing for India again," Yuvraj said. "A few months back I had trouble climbing four steps, now I can't wait to take the field. It is like startinga new life."
Yuvraj, however, isn't the onlyone making a comeback. The other player to look out for is Harbhajan Singh, who has been out of the Indian team for some time now and will have a point or two to prove. With Tamil Nadu's R Ashwin successfully filling in the place left by Harbhajan, the Punjab player will be eager to show his detractors that he is far from finished.
With the T20 World Cup round the corner, the two-match series gives the teams an opportunity to score some brownie points and get into shape.
After their pathetic show in the Caribbean, the beleaguered Kiwis landed in India with the hope of giving the hosts a run for their money. But the Indian team, which had subdued the Sri Lankans in the ODI series earlier, was in no mood to give the Kiwis any leeway. In the two-Test series, the Indians stamped their authority in no uncertain terms as they won both the matches with relative ease.
However, it is going to be a different game altogether on Saturday as the teams face off in the shortest version of the game. The visitors can take heart from the fact that they have an unenviable record in T20 against India - they have won all three overseas games.
However, India are yet to lose a game on this ground.

All eyes on Yuvraj Singh as India take on Kiwis in first T20I - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

It is good that he is back after such difficult fight but I hate too much footage of Bollywood and Cricket these days.

Yuvi's News is ok for a day or 2 but it is too much to read about him everyday in news paper.

I just hate his advertisement of that birla sunlife insurance.

I hope you all know Arthur ashe, who said this famous word to his one fan "why me ?", this ad company had made an ad with this word on yuvi. ? Yuvi was not even suffering from cancer, he just had one little tumour which was curable and this dirty media has made him a cancer patient :lol:...

And yuvi too is more of a publicity stunt material..:disagree:
And its an emotional decision to bring him back..

This Singh has shown that he is the real king....The Real Fighter....

a}Man of the series of Under 19 world Cup 2000 which India won..

b}Highest scorer of Twenty 20 2007 world cup...Winner India...

c}Man of series of 2011 World Cup...Winner India....

d}And he has beaten this disease too.....

its for 4-0 for india now. NZ and india played 4 t20s , all won by NZ

And yet one indian was saying yesterday Pakistan has an easy group

India lost by one run and it was thrilling match. India should have won it because they still had 6 wickets in hand

wish y/singh all the best for his future.

Back
Top Bottom