What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
Instead of pasting ball by ball commentaries here, why dont u guys just visit cricindia or something. Is shoaib playing?

Cheers, Doc

ohhhhh comon man we are going to take one more trophy .

yes, runner-up trophy... :D

India takes home this winners trophy..
ccaeb35ce9d70d5adc55cea3688fbad5.jpg

ab07c5c5532c0c821a541a53f0fb28d7.gif

Dont be so excited warm up match sir.
Champions Trophy 2009 will be Ours.:victory:

time is faver of pakistan these days :D i think you never forget 20.20 world cup :bounce:

I think you guys are still stuck in grade school. :D

‘Fab’ five batsmen to watch out for at Champions Trophy
Saturday, 19 Sep, 2009

NEW DELHI: Tillakaratne Dilshan may not be a batting superstar in Sri Lanka's team like Sanath Jayasuriya or Kumar Sangakkara, but is one of most valuable players in all forms of the game.

Sri Lanka's search for an explosive opening partner for Jayasuriya ended with the successful run of Dilshan, a middle-order batsman performing the new role remarkably well in Test, one-day and Twenty20 cricket this year.

Dilshan will be the man to watch out for in the Champions Trophy in South Africa next week as he is familiar with the conditions after excelling as an opener in the Indian Premier League just a few months ago.

The Sri Lankan is a free-stroking batsman who has been credited with perfecting a rare shot which goes over the wicket-keeper's head and makes field-setting a difficult proposition.

Dilshan carried his IPL form into the Twenty20 World Cup in England this year, playing a vital role in his team's run to the final.

Doubts that he may not be as successful with his attacking flair in Tests were buried as Dilshan gave a good account of himself at home against New Zealand, scoring 92 and 123 in the opening Test at Galle.

He has been nominated for the International Cricket Council award for the Twenty20 International Performance of the Year.

Dilshan will vie for attention with other exciting stroke-makers, Graeme Smith of South Africa, India's Yuvraj Singh, Australian Michael Clarke and Pakistan's Shahid Afridi.

Smith is one of most respected and feared openers in contemporary cricket, having the skill to adapt to all conditions and the shots to tame any attack with his attractive stroke-making.

The left-hander's form will be crucial as South Africa have talented middle-order batsmen in Jacques Kallis, Jean-Paul Duminy, AB de Villiers and Mark Boucher to capitalise on a solid start.

Smith, with 5,251 runs in one-dayers, is also expected to excel as captain as South Africa make an attempt to win a major title at home after failing in the 2003 World Cup and then 2007 Twenty20 World Championships.

He has already led his team to away and home one-day series victories over four-time World Cup champions Australia in a year.

Yuvraj's fame as a power-hitter got a tremendous boost in South Africa in 2007 when he smashed England paceman Stuart Broad for six sixes in an over.

Yuvraj has played a vital role in India's amazing run of five successive one-day series wins -- against England, New Zealand, the West Indies and twice against Sri Lanka.

He has also earned a reputation of breaking patnerships with his tidy left-arm spin. His agile fielding makes him one of the best all-rounders in one-day cricket.

Clarke is not a traditional big-hitter, but is second to none when it comes to building an innings under pressure.

He made his one-day debut in 2003, but donned the mantle of a senior player a few years later following retirements of Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Damien Martyn and Adam Gilchrist.

He was his team's man in form in the Ashes, scoring 448 runs in five matches.

Australia expect Clarke to deliver yet again because he is among a few experienced players in the side trying to defend the title. His and skipper Ricky Ponting's form will be the key to Australia's fortunes.

Afridi lacks Clarke's consistency, but can make a huge impact on a match in a short time with his big-hitting. He still has the fastest one-day century to his credit -- off 37 balls against Sri Lanka in Nairobi in 1996.

He is unpredictable but when he fires, his team can be assured of gaining a big advantage.

Afridi, who also bowls fastish leg-breaks and is a brilliant fielder, was an outstanding performer in the Twenty20 World Cup in England this year as he hammered a half-century to help his side win the final.

Actual test for Pakistan is to change history by beating India in any world level competition. This is strange fact that Pakistan cricket team never able to win a single match in Worldcup, T20 or in ICC Champion Trophy against India despite having better record against them overall.

venue South Africa always remain hot favorites for india. Look at the past, India have done well in all the major tournaments it has participated. well i believe they could reach the finals with ease....:yahoo:

venue South Africa always remain hot favorites for india. Look at the past, India have done well in all the major tournaments it has participated. well i believe they could reach the finals with ease....:yahoo:

India indeed is a good team but i highly doubt about this "With Ease" part of your post. Poll of Pakistan and India is poll of death.

Pakistan
Australia
India
West Indies
:undecided::undecided:
Now any one can march in next round and any one can knocked out at first stage.

India indeed is a good team but i highly doubt about this "With Ease" part of your post. Poll of Pakistan and India is poll of death.

Pakistan
Australia
India
West Indies
:undecided::undecided:
Now any one can march in next round and any one can knocked out at first stage.

We have beaten all the 3 teams in the pool quite recently "And we have much better one day team compared to the other 3" so no worries we shall reach the finals with ease:cheers:

Many people say no team is hot fav's or deserve to win this champions trophy 2009....but my personally opinion:victory: wud be SA orIndia.

I think you guys are still stuck in grade school. :D

That's the beauty of the game man. It sends people momentarily back to grade school to enjoy the carefree life.:victory:

IMO its very hard to predict the winner. India has a chance. but for that we will have to bowl well, esp the faster bowlers. The pitches at the start of the south african season won't be that conducive for spin. Fast bowling is the only weak point for India. If we do that well we have fare chance of winning. Looking forward to centurian park again for a rematch of 2003 ind-pak match. hope sachin dazzles again.

Instead of pasting ball by ball commentaries here, why dont u guys just visit cricindia or something. Is shoaib playing?

Cheers, Doc

Your so funny. CricIndia... :D Sometimes its so true though.

right team to watch out for is BD... man just see the highlights .. wht they did to WI.... BD is certainly blast from the past....whether is Sehwag is palying or not.. can any one tell me.

right team to watch out for is BD... man just see the highlights .. wht they did to WI.... BD is certainly blast from the past....whether is Sehwag is palying or not.. can any one tell me.

BD is not playing in the CT as far as i know!

Sehwag isn't playing either.

world players in icc champions trophy add

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom