What's new

Alice Wells is trying hard to woo Imran Khan...

That was at first---now I am getting concerned---. Had time to analyze---.

Nawaz Sharif is gone to england----Alice Wells speech comes out at a critical time---.

The Sharifs are ready to sell pakistan one more time---.

If Zardari is let go---then Zardaris would be selling pakistan as well.

Bad bad mistake by Imran Khan letting Nawaz go---.
With respect, I disagree with your concerns. Consider the following:

When the PTI came to power, there were a lot of reports sourced from within the PTI that Imran Khan was not happy with the enormous amounts of debt taken on for various CPEC projects. IK wasn't happy about the massive investments in coal based power plants on principle because of his own commitment to renewable energy & the environment. There were reports of tensions between Pakistan and China over the Chinese concern that the PTI would backtrack on various CPEC projects. Eventually, the PTI government clarified that all commitments under CPEC would be adhered to - there wasn't really much of a choice because commitments had been made under the PMLN government and China is a strong ally of Pakistan that we did not want to alienate.

Now, look at the current situation with respect to CPEC - various statements from the PTI leadership have spoken of a 'shift in CPEC focus' towards agriculture, technology, industry etc. Khan wants to invest in broader social development through a focus on increasing agricultural, industrial and export output. Most of the projects that'll come under these headings will be significantly smaller in terms of the dollar value (compared to motorways, power plants, ports etc). In addition, Khan's focus is on reforming domestic institutions, reducing Pakistan's debt & increasing revenues. All of this actually aligns with US objectives (at least as stated officially by the State Department). Note also the many references in Alice Well's speech to 'Imran Khan's reform agenda' & the impact on that reform agenda due to 'CPEC debt'.

The PTI is, in terms of US concerns over CPEC/OBOR investments, more aligned with US goals/preferences than the PMLN government was. Most of the massive CPEC/OBOR projects in Pakistan were conceived and signed during the PMLN government, and the US knows there is little the PTI government can do violate those commitments with China. So I don't see the PMLN or Nawaz Sharif as being more attractive to the US from the perspective of limiting China's OBOR investments in Pakistan. Sharif has always had this attraction to mega-infrastructure projects without a parallel focus on improving government and domestic private sector capacity to take advantage of such mega-projects in boosting industrial growth and revenues. A Sharif government would likely resort to the same kinds of policies as before to show 'quick economic growth' by taking on more debt for mega-projects.

What's left is your concern about the PPP/Zardari - I don't see the PPP as a viable option (as a partner) for the US. The PPP, for the foreseeable future, is unlikely to win enough seats from Punjab to form a government at the Center - it's pretty much been wiped out of Punjab over the last two national elections and the media coverage of its mismanagement in Sindh isn't winning it any new supporters.

Now my disagreement with you, on the US leveraging the PMLN or PPP against the PTI, is solely in the context of US concerns over the CPEC/OBOR initiative. I'm not considering the impact of other dynamics such as Afghanistan (where IK's engagement & diplomacy in getting the Taliban to engage with the US actually works in the PTI's favor) or the US's desire to boost India as a counter to China, or US concerns over Pakistan's nuclear program etc.

Last edited:
If it were a decade back definitely things would have been different!!! I am pretty sure Pak can now withstand it like the way Turkey is....

Actually---not really---. Pakistan is standing all alone now---no support from GCC. Pakistan may yet pay heavily for not taking charge of yemen crisis when offered the opportunity---.

Pakistan kept falling into one trap after the other---failing each time---barely keeping its head afloat---.

Turkey can---it does not have an eternal enemy like india next door---. Plus Turkey is not a nuc power---that does not make it a threat---.

Hi,

It was never " aid"---. Pakistan let itself be fooled by the americans who called it aid---that was another stupidity by the pakistani generals of that time---.

The americans said ' we will call it aid---pakistani generals said---please call it aid---' not understanding that the americans would manipulate this term in the longer run or when they changed their thinking about pakistan.

This was the money supposedly for the services provided by pakistan for the WOT---.

The biggest blunder was not to ask to be paid in advanced every year---how could the pakistanis fck up---. They gave a loan to the US for 1 billion dollars every year and let US decide how and when to pay it back and call it whatever they wanted to---.
That's fine, but you're missing my point - whether it was called aid or not or structured as aid or not is not the issue. Either way the problem was that the billions in aid/service charges/transit fees (or whatever you want to call it) was indicative of a transactional relationship. What little convergence the US & Pakistan had was tactical, over some goals in Afghanistan. There was not attempt made by the US to engage with Pakistan to build a longer term strategic relationship based on trade, investment & people to people contacts. Musharraf tried to push for a trade deal, Free Trade zones in FATA & KP etc, to no avail. This was a major miscalculation by the US, perhaps assuming that Pakistan would be satisfied with billions in aid and the token MNNA status.

Actually---not really---. Pakistan is standing all alone now---no support from GCC. Pakistan may yet pay heavily for not taking charge of yemen crisis when offered the opportunity---.

Pakistan kept falling into one trap after the other---failing each time---barely keeping its head afloat---.

Turkey can---it does not have an eternal enemy like india next door---. Plus Turkey is not a nuc power---that does not make it a threat---.
Turkey is the greatest threat for she is a “history” power....

History repeats itself...

Actually---pakistan is on an extremely dangerous path---. It is in the cross hairs of US foreign policy and that is not a good place to be in---.

The timing is extremely critical---with Nawaz just landing in London---there is another over throw of pak govt in the making---. IK should never had allowed Nawaz to leave---.

IK---a good man that he is---he does not have much of a back bone when it come to conflict---he is a peace lover---.

The bold part is right assessment unfortunately. CPEC and OBOR has connected us to China firmly. Actions against China will involve actions against CPEC and hence Pakistan. I think , that time is not far away where Pakistan will have to chose either GCC/USA block or China.

Imran Khan will fight. I don't agree with your assessment that he is a pacifist. Although , I don't know but I think he is not well informed about the great game that is being played against Pakistan.

I think , that time is not far away where Pakistan will have to chose either GCC/USA block or China.
GCC itself is trying to get a fair share into CPEC if it becomes a reality and many from US will have to back it eventually coz no matter how much they deny. Chinese business is beneficial to US since many industries had moved their headquarters/ sub contacting there though some moved many still operate from there

My personal opinion is that when people try to equate Pakistan and GCC, they make a key assumption, which is my view is fundamentally incorrect. This key assumption is that Pakistan's present and future lies with GCC due to geographical location and religious connection. But my opinion is that Pakistan's future DOES NOT lie with GCC; Pakistan's future lies with China and Central Asia. Pakistan's location naturally justifies this.

Actually---pakistan is on an extremely dangerous path---. It is in the cross hairs of US foreign policy and that is not a good place to be in---.

The timing is extremely critical---with Nawaz just landing in London---there is another over throw of pak govt in the making---. IK should never had allowed Nawaz to leave---.

IK---a good man that he is---he does not have much of a back bone when it come to conflict---he is a peace lover---.
Cross Hairs of US is better than considering US as our friend, US isn't, this way or the other! Better to know your enemies good!

"To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal" - Henry A. Kissinger

The above quote is not from some Tom, Dick or Harry! Geedar wali zindagi se Sher wali wali mout behter hai!

"And they plan, and Allah plans. Surely, Allah is the best of planners" - Quran

Whatever happens, happens for good. This is our Iman. We just have to play our part with courage and be steadfast. Dont worry, Pakistan is created in the name of Allah, and whatever happens, it is here to stay! inshaAllah

Last edited:
The Americans are extremely desperate when it comes to China Pak relations. The begging and pleading to the people of Pakistan won't have any impact. You can judge by the facial expressions how these assets of the deep state are understanding the gravity of CPEC. The US is coming to terms with the carnage it left throughout the years. It is too late to cry over spilt milk now. Pakistan chose the best alternative and we haven't looked back since.

When that ugly frog Mattis mad dog said that the people of Pakistan were radicalising he really meant that Pakistanis aren't falling for US propaganda. Mattis was venting his frustration over China Pak relations. He knows that the Pakistanis won't be persuaded by US propaganda. A Pakistani spring cannot be fabricated. The Americans tried for two decades in neighboring Afghanistan. They failed.

Now the US deep state is in a frenzy regarding China Pak relations. They haven't understood the resilience of Pakistan. From defence to infrastructure projects. The US is being ignored. LOL remember how these cvnts used to taunt Pakistan about being a weak state and not surviving another few months? The American generals used to give deadlines on the existence of Pakistan. They are eating their words today and this shameless pleading by the witch Alice is a clear example of that.

The Americans have miscalculated and underestimated Pakistan since the very beginning.

Last edited:
The Americans are extremely desperate when it comes to China Pak relations. The begging and pleading to the people of Pakistan won't have any impact. You can see by the facial expressions how these assets of the deep state understand the gravity of CPEC. The US is coming to terms with what the carnage they have caused throughout the years. It is too late to cry over spilt milk now.

When that ugly Mattis mad dog said that the people of Pakistan were radicalising he really meant that that Pakistanis aren't falling for US propaganda. Mattis was venting his frustration over China Pak relations.

The US deep state is in a frenzy regarding China Pak relations. From defence to infrastructure projects. The US is being ignored. LOL remember how these cvnts used to taunt Pakistan about being a weak state and not surviving another fee months. They are eating their words today and this pleading by this witch Allice is a clear example of that.

Sadly you got folks on PDF aka fan boys who croak about the Uyghurs

Sadly you got folks on PDF aka fan boys who croak about the Uyghurs

They are only a handful and meaningless.

The reason why the Americans have become so desperate is because Pakistan is enabling China to have an exit route. Remember that the Americans have spent billions in the SCS region to encircle China with military bases. With a cost effective and safe passage through Pakistan all of that is history. There are many dimensions to a strong Pak China relationship which adversely impact the US. I won't go into all of them. Both China and Pakistan are essentially in the same boat. The amazing coincidence is that we are both neighbors who share a border. That is extremely convenient to counter US designs.

LOL the US thought that Pakistan would eventually collapse. Two decades of terror and destabalisation through Afghanistan hasn't yielded any favorable results for the US. Today they are using FATF to blackmail Pakistan which by the way is going to serve as the absolute final nail. Instead Pakistan has partnered very strongly with China. From defence to massive infrastructure and trade projects. The US influence has been reduced to ground zero. The US is angry and bitter. It is feeling the heat.

The US has put all its effort in pleasing India to counter China. They expect Pakistan to just sit idle and absorb the abuse. Well, Pakistan clearly had other ideas. We made the checkmate move by fully focusing on China. Today the results speak for themselves. The US deep state is reeling.

The US has lost not only the war in Afghanistan, but with that it has also lost Pakistan as an ally.

Last edited:
GCC itself is trying to get a fair share into CPEC if it becomes a reality and many from US will have to back it eventually coz no matter how much they deny. Chinese business is beneficial to US since many industries had moved their headquarters/ sub contacting there though some moved many still operate from there

You still don't understand do you....

China is now considered number 1 enemy by the state department and pentagon...Priority of US is now to restrict the expansion of China by limiting every single mega projects that will ultimately benefit China.

Why do you think Alice well do a one hour long program on CPEC alone ? Definitely something is very concerning. Watch the interview .. Did you see any indication that US wants to join CPEC ?

I believe most folks over here are grossly under-estimating US and its desire to subjugate Pakistan in coming future.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom