What's new

Alibaba: The Giant of e-Commerce

Img405930681.jpg
55 billion RMB achievable by midnight?:D
i think it might be more than 80 billion ..

Last edited:
Already surpassed 36 billion at 13:38. How much do you guys spend in Alibaba's platform?

I bought a Huawei Honor 6 32G Unicom version with 300 discount, and something related to cars. Total around 3.6k.

By 10.21
Already surpassed 36 billion at 13:38. How much do you guys spend in Alibaba's platform?

I bought a Huawei Honor 6 32G Unicom version with 300 discount, and something related to cars. Total around 3.6k.

Thanks are due to Chinese women。。。:enjoy:

View attachment 149308
i think it might be more than 80 billion ..
The merchants are crazy. Very platform propose their promotion policy. See TAOBAO.COM TMALL.COM JD.COM VMALL.COM In some vehicles related APP you can get it by half costs.

Many many 1 yuan products include cars, smartphones, telecommunication package... :D

Damn it, I just cannot order one.:D But I got enough discounts.

By 10.21

Thanks are due to Chinese women。。。:enjoy:
My wife add many cloths and pants to her favorite folders and prepared 6k to order these products. But many products start at 1:00. When she waked up at 00:50 and try to do something, ALL products were sold out and she sighs that last year she can buy almost everything but this year she just buy nothing. That's good, really good. :D

A crazy day.

Last edited:
The merchants are crazy. Very platform propose their promotion policy. See TAOBAO.COM TMALL.COM JD.COM VMALL.COM In some vehicles related APP you can get it by half costs.

Many many 1 yuan products include cars, smartphones, telecommunication package... :D

Damn it, I just cannot order one.:D But I got enough discounts.
The sales revenue will surpass 100 billion with no doubt, JD.com claims that the sales almost tripled last year.

My wife add many cloths and pants to her favorite folders and prepared 6k to order these products. But many products start at 1:00. When she waked up at 12:50 and try to do something, ALL products were sold out and she sighs that last year she can buy almost everything but this year she just buy nothing. That's good, really good. :D

A crazy day.

Several of my female friends stayed up all night,buying all sorts of strange things,including meat balls。:hitwall::D

Singles' Day sales boom breaks records

210a156d-e383-4031-b223-b4c994712b5b.jpg

Working staff of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, celebrate the rising sales volume in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

The online buying fiesta that is China's Singles' Day hit new records, with e-commerce giant Alibaba selling over 36 billion yuan (5.9 billion US dollars) of goods by 1:31 pm on Tuesday.

Online sales -- on Alibaba's Tmall.com, Taobao.com and overseas outlets, such as AliExpress -- surpassed 36.2 billion yuan by 1:31 pm, beating Tmall.com and Taobao.com's combined 2013 Singles's Day sales, according to the company.

This marks the first time Alibaba has chosen to launch its Singles' Day campaign on both its domestic and overseas outlets.

In the first hour of Tuesday's sale alone, customers from 175 countries and regions outside the Chinese mainland joined the shopping spree, with Hong Kong, the United States and Taiwan claiming the top-buyer spots.

The company said about 70 percent of shoppers used mobile devices to clinch deals at the start of the day, marking a major shift from computers to mobile devices as the favored tools for online purchases.

Starting as in-joke, Singles' Day was launched as a way for the unattached to celebrate -- or poke fun at -- their status. The timing of the holiday on Nov. 11 each year is based on the four solitary digits in 11.11. It has grown into the Chinese version of Cyber Monday,the Monday after Thanksgiving in the United States, which is promoted as an online shopping day.

Alibaba launched its first sales campaign on Nov. 11, 2009.

3610cf38-d8d7-4b4f-8203-a60c50886a5a.jpg

Journalists work to report the sales volume of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

145b1c9d-7b0f-45a8-acd0-903a603e147e.jpg

A working staff shows the rising sales volume of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

670a4438-5c11-469f-8873-789d75caf196.jpg

Working staff of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, celebrate the rising sales volume in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

4fb57bf3-3428-4c47-b4d5-51d59489c4a2.jpg

A screen shows the sales volume of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

e998d41d-411f-47be-8e99-60f28305bfd4.jpg

Journalists work to report the sales volume of Tmall, an online marketplace under Alibaba, in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, on Nov. 11, a holiday of "Singles' Day" that has become China's busiest online shopping day. Photo: Xinhua

Of course the Chinese consumers and suppliers are benefiting from Alibaba's growth。

By the way,Softbank might be the largest shareholder(of listed part of the Alibaba Group,the unlisted assets are owned 100% by Ma Yun and his clan:D),it has very little say in the running of the business because of the VIE structure of Alibaba。

Of course the Chinese consumers and suppliers are benefiting from Alibaba's growth。

By the way,Softbank might be the largest shareholder(of listed part of the Alibaba Group,the unlisted assets are owned 100% by Ma Yun and his clan:D),it has very little say in the running of the business because of the VIE structure of Alibaba。

Let them be. We really like to create this kind of record.

I am happy there's a festival for customers and merchants/manufacturer. Less costs more consumption, made in China and buy Chinese.

Very good.

Alibaba proposed 12.12 festival last year, it seems that 11.11 just serve us fine. But I don't reject another shopping festival that can make my money more efficient.

I believe Alibaba and its domestic rivals will make 11.11.2015 the day for a shopping orgy(spree)of truly international proportions。:partay:

Back
Top Bottom