What's new

Al-Khalid & Type 99 Comparison

Kaiser said:
Dude what are you talking about?
The AK was only based off the chinese T-90 tank not copied. And the AK doesnt use any chinese avionics, its loading is the same on the french leclerc, its avionics are western and made in pakistan

The AK's management system is amongst the most advanced in the world and is made in pakistan by HIT, its guns are made in pakistan under liscense production from germany

Enough BS about AK using chinese weapons and electronics

The AK is the copy of Type 90 II. Pakistan produces Type 90II under license designated AK. Prototype IV was fitted with western stuff for export only because some people trusts western stuff more. AK's gun is a 125 mm 48 calibre smoothbore gun. Germany doesn't produce 125 mm 48 calibre guns

http://www.pakistaniforces.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=38

http://sinodefence.com/army/tank/type90.asp

Kaiser said:
You mean panzer

The ak is more versatile and manueverable it might also have some better electronics than the Type 99 but then again the Type 99 have better ecm, more speed and much better armor (armor is 1200mm compared to m1a2 800mm and al-khalid 800mm)

PLA has put a lot of emphasis on electronics; there is no doubt that Type 99's electronics is better than AK's. BTW, type 99's armour is around 600mm, and 1000mm w/ERA, not 1200mm.

ChinaWall65 said:
The AK is the copy of Type 90 II. Pakistan produces Type 90II under license designated AK. Prototype IV was fitted with western stuff for export only because some people trusts western stuff more. AK's gun is a 125 mm 48 calibre smoothbore gun. Germany doesn't produce 125 mm 48 calibre guns

http://www.pakistaniforces.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=38

Dude ive told the webby of this site multiple times that the info is wrong but he never seems to listen.

The Ak was made by HIT fully at HIT but based off of the chinese type 90, pakistan started evaluating different tanks in the late 1980's and that also include the M1A1 abrams. Instead pakistan got sanctioned so it looked to make its own tanks and based its Ak off of the scrapped Type 90II project.

By gun I meant the guns on top of the gun used against infanty not the main gun. The AK has better loaded system and electronics than the Type-99 but the type-99 has better ECM, Armor, and speed

You must be kidding yourself if you think pakistan would liscence produce the Type-90 at home when even our AZ's are better

ChinaWall65 said:
PLA has put a lot of emphasis on electronics; there is no doubt that Type 99's electronics is better than AK's. BTW, type 99's armour is around 600mm, and 1000mm w/ERA, not 1200mm.

Ak has better Field management and datalink installed on the AK made fully at home, its amonst the best (even JDW has said its on par with the one installed in the M1A2)

Ak's armor is 800mm I though the T-99 would have better than that

The Type-99 would win especially with its supurb ECM which is the best in the world, I hope in the future pakistan makes its own version which would be on par with the JD-3

Kaiser said:
Dude ive told the webby of this site multiple times that the info is wrong but he never seems to listen.

I just read the article now and found the pakistan forum article is wrong...but sinodefence's is correct, it was debated on their forums and by CDF for years.

Kaiser said:
The Ak was made by HIT fully at HIT but based off of the chinese type 90, pakistan started evaluating different tanks in the late 1980's and that also include the M1A1 abrams. Instead pakistan got sanctioned so it looked to make its own tanks and based its Ak off of the scrapped Type 90II project.

Actually, Type 90 II is joint developed by China and Pakistan...except that China didn't want it. AK and Type 90 II are the same thing. PLA calls it Type 90 II and Pakistan calls it Ak, same tank.

Kaiser said:
By gun I meant the guns on top of the gun used against infanty not the main gun. The AK has better loaded system and electronics than the Type-99 but the type-99 has better ECM, Armor, and speed

AK's gun is copy of Chinese 125 mm 48 calibre...same gun must have same loading system, or it won't work. China's electronics are generally better than Pakistan's due to China's ecnonomy gains in technology export. But there is no point in debating the electronics because most of the electronics on Type 99 is classified, there is no fact to debate with.

Kaiser said:
You must be kidding yourself if you think pakistan would liscence produce the Type-90 at home when even our AZ's are better

AZ is modified version of T-59, which is based off of Type 59. AZ is no where close to Type 90II, which is the AK. That statement is a blatant nationalistic opinion.

Kaiser said:
Ak has better Field management and datalink installed on the AK made fully at home, its amonst the best (even JDW has said its on par with the one installed in the M1A2)

First of all, Type 99's electronics is classified, there is no fact to compare with. Second of all, JDW tells the truth half the time.

Kaiser said:
Ak's armor is 800mm I though the T-99 would have better than that

Type 99's is rated at 1000mm w/ERA which is BETTER than AK's 800mm...1000mm>800mm lol.

Kaiser said:
The Type-99 would win especially with its supurb ECM which is the best in the world, I hope in the future pakistan makes its own version which would be on par with the JD-3

Active defense has never been used before, there is no way of telling how effective it is...i think you are just guessing.

ChinaWall65 said:
Active defense has never been used before, there is no way of telling how effective it is...i think you are just guessing.

True it might have never been used before but it will be on the future battle field

ChinaWall65 said:
I just read the article now and found the pakistan forum article is wrong...but sinodefence's is correct, it was debated on their forums and by CDF for years.

Actually, Type 90 II is joint developed by China and Pakistan...except that China didn't want it. AK and Type 90 II are the same thing. PLA calls it Type 90 II and Pakistan calls it Ak, same tank.

AK's gun is copy of Chinese 125 mm 48 calibre...same gun must have same loading system, or it won't work. China's electronics are generally better than Pakistan's due to China's ecnonomy gains in technology export. But there is no point in debating the electronics because most of the electronics on Type 99 is classified, there is no fact to debate with.

AZ is modified version of T-59, which is based off of Type 59. AZ is no where close to Type 90II, which is the AK. That statement is a blatant nationalistic opinion.

Type 90 was fully developed by China as there 3rd generation tank and was gonna go head to head with the T-98 in a competition, the T-98 won so the type 90 was scrapped. Later pakistan bought the tanks and made a whole new tank for there own requirments (regged, light, manueverable, modern)

The AK is fitted with the same exact loading system fitted on the French leclerc it also uses the exact same Night vision but both are liscence produced in pakistan

Here are the difference between the Ak and Type-90

-AK uses the exact same loading and Nightvision system on the french leclerc
-Ak uses much better ukranian engine
-AK uses advanced pakistani field managment system developed by HIT
-Ak is more heavier and faster
-Ak uses hunter-killer sighting
-Ak has Multi-Target Engagement Abilities
-More advanced fire-control made by HIT

Theres also alot more

Kaiser said:
The AK is fitted with the same exact loading system fitted on the French leclerc it also uses the exact same Night vision but both are liscence produced in pakistan

AK uses a 125 mm gun while Leclerc uses a 120 mm gun. 120 mm autoloader doesn't work with a 125 mm gun, ammunition won't match.

Kaiser said:
-AK uses the exact same loading and Nightvision system on the french leclerc

Might be the only difference if you can show me your sources.

Kaiser said:
-Ak uses much better ukranian engine

Type 90IIM version uses the exact same version.

Kaiser said:
-AK uses advanced pakistani field managment system developed by HIT

How about some basic details about this advanced field management system.

Kaiser said:
-Ak is more heavier and faster

Type 90IIM fitted with ERA is exact same weigh as Ak...since it has the same engine as AK, they have same speed.

Kaiser said:
-Ak uses hunter-killer sighting

Type 90IIM uses exact same sighting.

Kaiser said:
-Ak has Multi-Target Engagement Abilities

How do you engage two targets at the same time with only one gun?

Kaiser said:
-More advanced fire-control made by HIT

Stop guessing, you don't know Type 99's FCS, therefore you have no way to tell if AK's FCS is more advanced.

AK and Type 90II are the same tank with the exception of few electronics.

Al Khalid/MBT-2000 Optical equipment which appears to be very much Chinese here guys. I had to go out and search on Foreign Chinese military forums and this is what they've shown me, and YES this thing is onboard Pakistans new tank.

3edbbbce464530a9da06754a1f93cf07.jpg

ChinaWall do some research

A autoloader can easily be modified to load different munitions, also do some research you will find out pakistan has made its own field managment system and firecontrol system at HIT.

You will also see pakistan bought the frech thermals under TOT for 30 million back in 1996/1997 these today are installed into the AK

The original T-90II had a weight of 44 tons pakistan added new much better systems to increase the weight. The type 90II looks like the T-72 tank whereby the AK looks more like a challenger 2/T-80 mix.

Go do some research on **************** or some other more reliable sites instead of chinese forums which are amongst the worst on the net

Kaiser said:
A autoloader can easily be modified to load different munitions, also do some research you will find out pakistan has made its own field managment system and firecontrol system at HIT.

AK's turret and Leclerc's turret are completely different designs. If you want Leclerc's 120mm autoloader in AK's turret, you have to do some major modifications to both AK's turret and Leclerc's autoloader; these kind of modifications that would completely change AK's turret.

Kaiser said:
You will also see pakistan bought the frech thermals under TOT for 30 million back in 1996/1997 these today are installed into the AK

Thermals isn't the entire electronics. You cannot say AK uses French electronics just because AK uses a French thermals.

Kaiser said:
The original T-90II had a weight of 44 tons pakistan added new much better systems to increase the weight.

Where are you getting your information from. Every single sources I looked at says AK/Type90II weighs 48 tons.

Kaiser said:
The type 90II looks like the T-72 tank whereby the AK looks more like a challenger 2/T-80 mix.

Dude, are you disoriented or something? Have you ever seen a Challenger or T-80 compared to AK?

Kaiser said:
Go do some research on **************** or some other more reliable sites instead of chinese forums which are amongst the worst on the net

You should stop guessing and do some research...here are all the reputable sources on the internet, and they all say AK is Type90II

http://www.janes.com/defence/land_forces/news/jdw/jdw001122_1_n.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Khalid

1. Look at the second paragraph it will say Pakistan worked in accosiation with china to make the AK, It will also say that NORINCO has made a SIMILAR tank called MBT 2000

2. Wikipedia is a open source, I can edit it anytime I wish

What part dont you get about based off of?
The only good source you give me is this site (copied from other sources) and sinodefence.
Go to ****************, pakdef, and other sites a will see that its only based off of the Type-90II and made entirely by HIT.
I never said AK used french electronic I only said it used French thermals and loader which is true

The Type 90II looks nothing like the AK hell it looks like a T-72

You are the kind of people that think that everything Pakistan makes on its own is chinese

Give me the news source proving that Pakistan signed a deal with china to liscence produce the AK, this was speculation made by indians after the AK was revealed

Back
Top Bottom