What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

That is for the Military to decide. I think replacement of T-59 could be considered since AZ is itself a major upgrade.

T-59 was first upgraded to T-59 II and then upgraded to AZ standard, where as upgrading AZ further more is not easy as the tech keeps getting modern. AZ has a short coming of a smaller engine with lesser HP than other MBTs. I also think that 6th Armd Div is a bit disadvantaged. Not saying that AZ cannot hold out on its own against T-72 or T-90, yes it can, and it can cover the distance too which is a major requirement for any armored formation. Its got a superb gun and suitable protection, its lighter than other modern MBTs and smaller in size. PA found a good use of it to place it in plains of Punjab while the bigger MBTs are deployed in semi-desert and desert regions. A modern MBT with 1000+ HP and room to upgrade further is still a better choice. AZ upgrade is still a bit of a compromise and a stop gap - if AZ upgrade is such a potent armored component for PA then maybe more cheap T-59 at throw away priced should be acquired from storage in China and upgraded to AZ to increase number of regiments. You know, make a Mirage out of T-59, lol, get all the T-59 of the world and assemble them to AZ standard. Jokes apart, AK and AK-I should be invested in for up-gradation, introduce more variants and AK-II should have been the first option to replace T-59. The news of Al-Haider, testing of VT-4/Oplot hinted towards replacement of T-59.

T-59 II are still suitable to be used by FC on western front.

I still see so many regiments equipped with the good ol 59s man.

We should phase it out fast ASAP!

Replaced with AK pre-2008, stored and later modified for COIN.
Yeah, the regiments operating T-69/T-59 get AK, AK-I.
I think T-59 should be replaced by AK, not upgraded to AZ. If all T-59 are upgraded to AZ, then new regiments can be raised to induct AK.

There is no reserve MBT in PA inventory. Replacement of losses in war are necessary.

Yeah, the regiments operating T-69/T-59 get AK, AK-I.
I think T-59 should be replaced by AK, not upgraded to AZ. If all T-59 are upgraded to AZ, then new regiments can be raised to induct AK.

There is no reserve MBT in PA inventory. Replacement of losses in war are necessary.

AZ program restarted; production of 220× AK-1 ongoing with new regt's coming up.

Were there any losses?
I remember one AZ getting knocked down during Swat Operation.

Few T59 were also lost though. But not large enough to justify war losses cover up
Not COIN war. A war with India.

Formation doesnot withdraw if replacements for losses make it to front lines during war. Replacements help to continue the offensive even if losses are met.
1965 war, 1st Armd Div withdrew after suffering losses, no replacements.

Last edited:
4a243eb5ly1gcjwd7o8h9j22w12bcnpe.jpg
4a243eb5ly1gcjwdc3d99j22ue24t4qq.jpg
4a243eb5ly1gcjwdflckpj231g1ngqv5.jpg
4a243eb5ly1gcjwdh4jgnj21xa1dwwyr.jpg
4a243eb5ly1gcjb85m1fzj21in23xhdt.jpg
4a243eb5ly1gcjb8jiiiej220126nx6p.jpg

Via @内蒙老杜 from Weibo

Not COIN war. A war with India.

Formation doesnot withdraw if replacements for losses make it to front lines during war. Replacements help to continue the offensive even if losses are met.
1965 war, 1st Armd Div withdrew after suffering losses, no replacements.

What percentage would you suggest to keep in reserve?

It’s very easy to say replace this and buy that but for a third world country with poverty and very low quality of life and almost no educational systems for masses (>50% not in schools after 5th grade or so ) no tax collection systems and low business environment , overall corruption in society is considered as Norm , people electing crooks knowing they are thieves

paying for anything will not be easy and replacing anything with not be wary

be an economic power first
I think now is a good chance since new GOVT took over

What percentage would you suggest to keep in reserve?
25-30%

It’s very easy to say replace this and buy that but for a third world country with poverty and very low quality of life and almost no educational systems for masses (>50% not in schools after 5th grade or so ) no tax collection systems and low business environment , overall corruption in society is considered as Norm , people electing crooks knowing they are thieves

paying for anything will not be easy and replacing anything with not be wary

be an economic power first
I think now is a good chance since new GOVT took over
This country has leaped and progressed more than you can imagine.

Back
Top Bottom