What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Thanks, But I wanted to know how is composite plates better compared to ERA?

ERA has shorter shelf life, composite plates have none. Hence, they are used commonly during exercises and peace time.

than whats the function of the T-80UD front and turret skirts ?

protection from dust and reduce thermal signature of the tank. The Alkhalid achieves it by using anti-neutron liner at certain places all over the tank especially at the engine bay.

ERA has shorter shelf life, composite plates have none. Hence, they are used commonly during exercises and peace time.

protection from dust and reduce thermal signature of the tank. The Alkhalid achieves it by using anti-neutron liner at certain places all over the tank especially at the engine bay.

That's good to know thx, do you think Alkhalid should have also the front skirt for the dust protection? Do you think Alkhalid need also extra turret skirts, like the T-80UD and whats about composite plates all around the Turret? Like the T-90 series!

That's good to know thx, do you think Alkhalid should have also the front skirt for the dust protection? Do you think Alkhalid need also extra turret skirts, like the T-80UD and whats about composite plates all around the Turret? Like the T-90 series!
T-90 does not have composite plates all around, rather ERA plates.

Adding rubber skirts is not big deal, it can be added to any mbt.

T-90 does not have composite plates all around, rather ERA plates.

Adding rubber skirts is not big deal, it can be added to any mbt.

Sorry, it's my fault, I should have asked is it necessary that the Alkhalid, should have these extra Items? The Al-zarrar Prototype, for example, had the turret skirts, so it must have been discussed, but I don't understand why it was dropped down, that out of my logical.

Sorry, it's my fault, I should have asked is it necessary that the Alkhalid, should have these extra Items? The Al-zarrar Prototype, for example, had the turret skirts, so it must have been discussed, but I don't understand why it was dropped down, that out of my logical.

Can be added if needed. No big deal.

@Signalian @django only for you guys! Notice the tank Excavator, it helps the Tank to dig in!

alkhalid003.jpg
ardic-min.JPG

Muzzle reference system notifies the tank crew of barrel bending. The FCS takes the difference into accounts to ensure precise firing.

The red dot within the yellow circle (third pic) means zero degree LOS is achieved, allows the gunner to destroy the target with precision. If the empty yellow circle appears, desired LOS is not achieved yet.

mrs1.jpg
mrs2.jpg

mrs3.jpg

Though the picture is old, this was the first time HIT admitted that third gen Sagem/ Safran Matis thermal imager was also being used in Alkhalids alongside second gen Catherine FCs.

ak.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom