What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

There is no Al-Khalid 1, the correct description is Al-Khalid I, Letter I for "Improved".

What is the difference between
Al-Khalid
Al-Khalid 1
Al-Khalid 2

And when will Pakistan start producing Al-Khalid 2?

One thing I noticed when I saw the Al Khalid and T80ud at the end of the 23 March parade was that their side skirts are not metal but rather some form of cardboard ish material (composite?).

Pakistan shud look into active protection systems for alkhalid I

One thing I noticed when I saw the Al Khalid and T80ud at the end of the 23 March parade was that their side skirts are not metal but rather some form of cardboard ish material (composite?).
Are you talking about this part?

563ce72a315ad.jpg

If so, then yes, it is not all metal there.

So the auto tracking can be turned off. Whats interesting abt it dear? what am i missing?
We have known abt it being these as part of FCS so only thing new can be that turning on/off feature.

Ok i do think i am missing something!!

Autotracking and autolocking on the target using IFF sensors is one of the standout features that make this tank special. This feature can be used in auto and semi auto mode depending on how the commander wants to employ it.

It can be used with day sight (TV channel) night sight (thermal imager) and adverse weather conditions and can be turned off when not needed.

These are dust covers. Mainly installed to stop dust being whipped up in the air and then sucked into the engine. Rubber suffices, metal not needed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom