What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

ATGM and long rod rounds are loaded by hand, not present in the autoloader. Last part of your post applies to you. I talk what i know about it and have seen.

I don't know about Al Khalid but for T-72, T-90, T-80 and other tanks having two piece ammo style auto loader.

The 9K119M Refleks-M (AT-11 SNIPER-B) is a guided weapons system launched from the 2A46M main gun of T-80 and T-90 MBTs. The 9K119M system uses beam-riding laser guidance. The tank directs a coded beam from a special gunner's sight, which creates a laser "funnel" with the missile riding in the center. The 9K119M uses the 9M119M missile. The ammunition round is 3UBK20 and consists of the 9M119M missile and the 9Kh949 reduced charge propellant casing with a spacer plug which seats the missile properly into the main gun. The 3UBK20 ammunition fits into the normal autoloader on the tank, and the normal load is 6 missiles. Due to high cost of the system, usually only elite regiments shall have the missiles in a loadout.

Refleks-M ATGM System

Seriously.... No other tank other than Al Khalid seems to load them manually.

So tell me yaaraa on what basis is it decided what rounds are going to be carried ? Does the Tank Commander order his troops to change the round in the midst of battle or does a group enter into the fray of battle each carrying a combination of rounds loaded in individual tanks so that the commander under question has different options to call upon ? How..does it work operationaly ? :undecided:

This is a strictly military decision which is taken after considering the enemy armour in that specific region. For e.g, confronting a T-72/ T-90 in Thar/ Rajhistan region is a given so AK/ T-80 regiments will be equipped with adequate rounds to handle the threat. Too much technicalities are involved in such scenarios.

Hand loading can be done 2-3 rounds per minute but it is not as quick as the autoloader offcourse but done only when needed. Besides, there is a small number of ATGMS, long rod penetrators present. Most rounds are non DU, conventional such as tungsten APFSDS, HEAT, HESH etc.

To load from hand the gunner has to leave his position... which is disastrous and for the tank.

I don't know about Al Khalid but for T-72, T-90, T-80 and other tanks having two piece ammo style auto loader.

Refleks-M ATGM System

Seriously.... No other tank other than Al Khalid seems to load them manually.

This is why we do not have them, rather we have Kombat ATGM to fit our needs.

kombat Atgm is bigger
and was than again further modified with even larger warhead
i doubt that would fit into the autoloader

i second nabil on this part

This is a system that no Indian tank has to date, the multiple reverse speed transmission, only AK, and Oplot have it.

REVERSIBLE (MULTIPLE REVERSE SPEED) TRANSMISSION
Reversible transmission is intended to increase the tank speed at forward motion and reverse movement. The enhanced gears of reverse movement provide when necessary quick change of position in combat conditions without tank turning.

Reversible transmission consists of two gear boxes with coaxially attached reversible final drives.

cJa8X.jpg

more info here,

KMDB - Oplot Main Battle Tank

Kombat

KMDB - Firepower Enhancement

Read the last part, rate of fire without throw over of the line firing.

Again you didn't reply about the auto loader part...

Here's how Kombat is loaded in both types of Russian loaders.

125mmeng.jpg

Hence If we take your words true... It leaves the designers of Al Khalid as Jokers who don't know how to fit the missile in auto-loader.

loaded by HAND! :hitwall:

Makes the whole concept of auto-loader useless... Its better to strip off the auto-loader in that case.
While performing manual loading the gunner has to leave his position and perform additional duties... leaving the tank vulnerable... would affect the rate of fire... even more so while on move and a whole lot of issues regarding the space to keep that ammo and gun firing capabilities.. etc..etc..

Makes the whole concept of auto-loader useless... Its better to strip off the auto-loader in that case.
While performing manual loading the gunner has to leave his position and perform additional duties... leaving the tank vulnerable... would affect the rate of fire... even more so while on move and a whole lot of issues regarding the space to keep that ammo and gun firing capabilities.. etc..etc..

2-3 rounds a minute is not bad, only done when necessary.

@ darky
oh meri jan tera masla kya ha kbi tu jf17 waly thread main trolling krta ha kbi Alk Khalid wale thread py. Tu kahe kisi pagl khany sy to nai bhag k aya:P

Back
Top Bottom