What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

p55z.jpg

Credit goes to Usman Shabbir from Pakdef forum,,,, this is when he visited HIT in 2004 so not latest but interesting....

"When visiting POF Wah one should have at least a week’s time so as to have enough time to visit all the 11 factories located their. Due to some personal engagements we only had few hours and we chose the two above mentioned factories. The visit to Tank/Anti-Tank Ammunitions Factory was really and truly impressive – seeing the production of 125mm APFSDS rounds from start to finish and the explanation of the whole process by the guide (a chemical engineer) were really informative.

Right now the factory is producing a 125mm Tungsten alloy core APFSDS round with a penetration of 460mm and within a year another 125mm round with the penetration capabilities of 550mm will enter service. POF also recently tested a DU 125 mm round produced by PAEC and certified it for an unbelievable 620mm – though I am not sure if this round has already entered service or not. But nonetheless Indians better add a few more tons to their Arjun. The huge steel blocks that were used during penetration/weapon trials were also on display with some neat holes in them – and on seeing those I of course kicked myself for forgetting to bring the camera.

We were also told be officials at POF Wah that Bangladesh has ordered 10000 100mm shells and 3500 105mm shells and Saudi Arabia has also ordered a large quantity of 81mm mortars and ammunition. There were also some additional news bits but I guess I have a short memory.

Extract from the link provided by Nabil

Description of Store to be Developed / Supplied. Heavy Industries Taxila intends to develop a Digital Driver Panel Unit for fitment on Tank Al-Khalid which should conform to the capabilities and technical specifications of existing Ukrainian / Chinese systems already installed on Tank Al-Khalid. The indigenously developed digital driver panel should be fully replaceable with the existing instrument panel installed on Tank Al-Khalid.

4. Scope of Work / Features

a. All instruments to be digital with virtual display on a touch screen of military grade conforming to mil standards.

b. The sensors On Board of the vehicle are not altered and original sensors are retained where possible. Additional sensors can be fitted.

c. Most of the hard (operating) switches are replaced with virtual switches on the touch screen.

d. Essential switches are physically available on the casing of the display to ensure redundancy in emergency.

e. Interactive startup procedure of the tank and more clear warning display while the tank operates.

f. Maintenance log and warnings to the driver well before a maintenance activity is due or overdue.

g. Data reading for at least last 30 minute operation updated every minute.

h. Parameter logging to identify / investigate the reasons for any problems or failure which might occur during the operations has to be provided.

5. Future Growth. The system must be upgradeable and should have provision for following:-

a. Navigational system like BMS, LNS or GPS, as per the requirement of the users.

b. Vehicle management system extending on full information on the logistic, technical and tactical status of the vehicle through a telemetric system or connected through a BMS to the command echelons.

c. Additional display, like fire extinguisher, APU and warning also to be merged on the main display.

The t-80UD already has 630mm of armour penetration and type 85 III of pak army has 460mm of APSFDS vs RHA amour. How alkhalid is superior to them when t80UD already has good protection. what are the points that make alkhalid the backbone since t80UD has almost same penetration power at 2km ?

The t-80UD already has 630mm of armour penetration and type 85 III of pak army has 460mm of APSFDS vs RHA amour. How alkhalid is superior to them when t80UD already has good protection. what are the points that make alkhalid the backbone since t80UD has almost same penetration power at 2km ?

go through previous pages, your queries have been answered there.

which round are you talking about with 630mm?against RHA?

do we have one or we got one from ukraine with T-80UD?

which round are you talking about with 630mm?against RHA?

do we have one or we got one from ukraine with T-80UD?

T-80UD Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com
This is one of the links ... Though I am not talking about Alkhalid 1 but Alkhalid tank. Can u please tell me its armour thickness , and does it have sandwiched RHA with Composite plate and ERA combination of armour or COMPOSITE and ERA ... Further it's armour penetrating capability the wiki is showing wrong "550mm" against RHA in DU round mentioned it WIKI seems legit it should be greater cause t80UD already uses DU round and has 550mm of penetration how come both tanks have same penetrating power in DU round since both have different gun system namely kBA3 for t80UD and further the range is same 2km for DU round 550mm penetration. Alkhalid is superior in Engine, EFFECTIVE range, Laser jammer and range finder. what is the armour combination of t80UD ?
And is it true that alkhalid armour effectiveness without ERA has increase to 750mm ?
I hope u know what I am saying.

Credit goes to Usman Shabbir from Pakdef forum,,,, this is when he visited HIT in 2004 so not latest but interesting....

"When visiting POF Wah one should have at least a week’s time so as to have enough time to visit all the 11 factories located their. Due to some personal engagements we only had few hours and we chose the two above mentioned factories. The visit to Tank/Anti-Tank Ammunitions Factory was really and truly impressive – seeing the production of 125mm APFSDS rounds from start to finish and the explanation of the whole process by the guide (a chemical engineer) were really informative.

Right now the factory is producing a 125mm Tungsten alloy core APFSDS round with a penetration of 460mm and within a year another 125mm round with the penetration capabilities of 550mm will enter service. POF also recently tested a DU 125 mm round produced by PAEC and certified it for an unbelievable 620mm – though I am not sure if this round has already entered service or not. But nonetheless Indians better add a few more tons to their Arjun. The huge steel blocks that were used during penetration/weapon trials were also on display with some neat holes in them – and on seeing those I of course kicked myself for forgetting to bring the camera.

We were also told be officials at POF Wah that Bangladesh has ordered 10000 100mm shells and 3500 105mm shells and Saudi Arabia has also ordered a large quantity of 81mm mortars and ammunition. There were also some additional news bits but I guess I have a short memory.

Details on M289A1
684 mm long
20.9kg weight
1575m/s velocity
3000m range
570mm RHA penetration at 2000m
point balnk is 670mm
and 620mm for 1000m
460mm penetration possible at 4000m.

Considering the length of the rod here which is 684mm... the carousel autoloader on Al Khalid and other Chinese tanks limit the length of round to 650mm at best until the size of the turret is increased significantly... to accommodate a larger carousel auto-loader.... or a manual loader or a different auto-loader design is selected on later variants.... Arjun front armor is anywhere near 1m-900mm in thickness along with a heavier 3rd gen. ERA design selected.... I believe the person should rather concentrate on better tank designs and ammo rather than advocating silly and audacious suggestion about something which is beyond his knowledge.

ATGM and long rod rounds are loaded by hand, not present in the autoloader. Last part of your post applies to you. I talk what i know about it and have seen.

taken in 2005, composite armour covering is thick enough compared to T-80/ 90, ERA not included.

5xG4E.jpg

ATGM and long rod rounds are loaded by hand, not present in the autoloader. Last part of your post applies to you. I talk what i know about it and have seen.

Dude, does that end up wasting time or the configuration is such that the auto-loader can give way to a manual-loading setup seamlessly ?

Dude, does that end up wasting time or the configuration is such that the auto-loader can give way to a manual-loading setup seamlessly ?

Hand loading can be done 2-3 rounds per minute but it is not as quick as the autoloader offcourse but done only when needed. Besides, there is a small number of ATGMS, long rod penetrators present. Most rounds are non DU, conventional such as tungsten APFSDS, HEAT, HESH etc.

another closeup, note the ERA which is Chinese and not the local Aorak xx series which is thicker and has round edges..

sUY04.jpg

Hand loading can be done 2-3 rounds but it is not as quick as the autoloader offcourse but done only when needed. Besides, there is a small number of ATGMS, long rod penetrators present. Most rounds are non DU, conventional such as tungsten APFSDS, HEAT, HESH etc.

So tell me yaaraa on what basis is it decided what rounds are going to be carried ? Does the Tank Commander order his troops to change the round in the midst of battle or does a group enter into the fray of battle each carrying a combination of rounds loaded in individual tanks so that the commander under question has different options to call upon ? How..does it work operationaly ? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom