What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

I think HIT should have produced it in number like 1100 in first Phase and then 1100 of Block-IIs and now 1100 of the Block-IIIs and Zarrar's too as a second line of defence.

I think HIT should have produced it in number like 1100 in first Phase and then 1100 of Block-IIs and now 1100 of the Block-IIIs and Zarrar's too as a second line of defence.

I think HIT is modernizing the current ones AK/AK-I heavily to be much more capable then the opposition before funds are allocated for AK-II...

I think HIT is modernizing the current ones AK/AK-I heavily to be much more capable then the opposition before funds are allocated for AK-II...

i have heard that AK2 prototype has been developed and is under testing but this is just about it. Sources are tightly lipped and information is curtailed. AKs are being brought to the AK1 standard for some time, motive is to standardize the AK fleet with equal lethality and punch.

i have heard that AK2 prototype has been developed and is under testing but this is just about it. Sources are tightly lipped and information is curtailed. AKs are being brought to the AK1 standard for some time, motive is to standardize the AK fleet with equal lethality and punch.

Mate, may I ask 2 questions :

1) Is the Al-Zarrar upgradation still going on or has it been stopped in favour of utilizing our already scare resources for the Al-Khalid Program ? i.e the AK-1s, the AK upgradation to AK-1s and the development costs for the AK-2.

2) Can some of the better technologies utilized on the AKs be devolved back to the Al-Zarrar program or is the difference of generation/class/type between the two far too broad to allow for such a devolution barring the one or two odd thing !

Mate, may I ask 2 questions :

1) Is the Al-Zarrar upgradation still going on or has it been stopped in favour of utilizing our already scare resources for the Al-Khalid Program ? i.e the AK-1s, the AK upgradation to AK-1s and the development costs for the AK-2.

2) Can some of the better technologies utilized on the AKs be devolved back to the Al-Zarrar program or is the difference of generation/class/type between the two far too broad to allow for such a devolution barring the one or two odd thing !

1. AZ is also upgraded when needed, it already efficient ballistic computer developed with Krauss Mafei of Germany (Leo-2 ballistic computer manufacturer), thermal imager and other sensors and heavy composite and ERA armour, able to withstand numerous hits.

2. AK and AZ use similar composite and modular armour, only difference is the thickness and placement tough AK-1 has more efficient package than AZ. AZ is designed and developed to be on par with T-80ud in performance and battle efficiency whereas AK is much better then T-80 and all other mbts in PA, one can call it, "Cream of the Corps" in Pak Army.

Current AK/ AK1 number is a closely guarded secret but last i heard, they were more than 400. Modern MBT sensors are protected by laser and infrared threat detectors/ sensors and laser shot counters that tell the mbt crew of where and when the mbt is/ was/ being lased. There are other measures that are a part of incoming threat detection but i cannot comment on them.

A senior Pakistani member by the name of XYON once mentioned that Al-Khalid has no laser threat detection/warning system and that the indigenous threat detection system failed? Something to do with the director of HIT?

Also has PA officially acquired the KOMBAT Tank launched Anti Tank Missiles from Ukraine? If so then do we have them with ToT? If so then are our Al-Khalids able to fire the KOMBAT AT Missile?

I cant discuss on what Xyon mentioned, perhaps he knows more on the Laser Threat detectors but to me this sounds odd because LTS and LWS are pretty much standard sytems in today's mbts.

Kombat was inducted with TOT arrangement, we are making them in-house, AK can fire at least three types of missiles, AT-11, Kombat and an undisclosed version.

I cant discuss on what Xyon mentioned, perhaps he knows more on the Laser Threat detectors but to me this sounds odd because LTS and LWS are pretty much standard sytems in today's mbts.

Here's the post in the thread started by XYON:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...d-corps-serious-deficiencies.html#post2000915

Kombat was inducted with TOT arrangement, we are making them in-house, AK can fire at least three types of missiles, AT-11, Kombat and an undisclosed version.
Glad to know, that KOMBAT is one deadly Missile that packs a serious punch, and the one thing that makes it unique is that when fired from Tank the laser is not pointed at the target rather its pointed at the tail of the Missile therefore not triggering enemy laser threat detection/countermeasure system so the enemy won't even know what hit him!

we have and are receiving plenty of hightech goodies from Ukraine and they have helped us to a great deal in modernizing our mbt armour. The indigenous armour for AK and AZ shares technologies from Nozh armour, although their general performance is better than Nozh.

we have and are receiving plenty of hightech goodies from Ukraine and they have helped us to a great deal in modernizing our mbt armour. The indigenous armour for AK and AZ shares technologies from Nozh armour, although their general performance is better than Nozh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that KRL and air weapons complex can built anti tank weapons which might be Laser/IR guided on their own.

Didn't want to piss on your parade.. but there's limit to every thing.
Somehow you think Ukraine gave Pakistan the Nozh ERA and Pakistan made a better ERA out of it... lets see.

img612894101180836442.jpg

So called indigenous ERA on AK MBT of Pakistan... Note the thickness.
Now compare that with Ukrainian Nozh on their T-64B1
konferencija0999it.jpg

The Export version.
btt2.jpg

Now a simple question... which one would have more chance of breaking off the tungsten rod on impact ?.. think thiktank think.

Compare that with other MBTs like the top class K-5 on T-90.
scaled.php

Or the DRDO ERA(Based on K-5).. on T-72M1 Ajeya tanks.
t90xk4.jpg

And you rate AK to be above T-80... which is the main strike tank of the Russian Army... T-80Us of Russian Army is having the Relikt ERA even more heavier ERA offering much better protection..

Back
Top Bottom