What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

For prices is true, I wonder if the Saudis with phoenixes that will be given to Turkish Armed Forces, or phoenixes are the same ..

GYTE Nanotech center has developed a new fuel cell based on propane and methane which will increase the duration of UAV's up to 3x.

İHA'lar yerli yakıtla hızlanacak - Anadolu Ajansı

According to the news.
Why does our military pay 96 million for 3 Ankas while KSA gets 4 for 56 million? :what:

Idiot journalists mixed the terms again. Aprox. 100 million dollar was ANKA's initial development and trial budget.

(56 million dollar) 4 ANKA and 1 ground control station and segments equals = Aprox. 12-13 million dollar for each ANKA (A or B ?) quite nice price...

attachment.php

ANKA-TP design that Cirit missiles are introduced by Roketsan

AnkaTPcirit_zps56f3667d.jpg

SATCOM, SAR radar, E/O payload along with Missile integration...

Question, is it 100% indigenous? Does it have any foreign parts? If it does, then will those parts be replaced in the future?

Question, is it 100% indigenous? Does it have any foreign parts? If it does, then will those parts be replaced in the future?

Are your question regarding the UCAV on the poster or the Cirit missile it's all about?
If the latter, then I would say it's about 99% indigenous with a slight chance of using some nuts and bolts made abroad. If you meant the UCAV, however, then I would like to mention that it's just a 3D print utilized by the missile manufacturer Roketsan who probably needed something in their poster to carry their product - which in this case are the Cirit-pods. In other words; the drone shown in the picture doesn't reassemble anything that actually exists, at least not anything that's publicly known.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Launcher is a stupid idea. To heavy and needless.

You are correct about it being heavy, but I wouldn't necessarily call it needless; the launcher not only are able to give a better aerodynamic performance vs. bare missiles hanging under the wings, but can also function as an extension to the aircraft's own pylons.

For example; the Fire Control System on-board the aircraft might only have two data buses, spanning to one pylons on each wing, which without a launcher would only be able to communicate with a single payload - or in this case, a single Cirit-missile. That would limit each of the pylons to carry one single piece of ordnance and would thereby make an aircraft with two pylons only able to carry two missiles. However, launchers comes in handy as an extension here, so that one pylon can indirectly communicate with multiple missiles - much like what a network router does by acting as a mediator between the Interwebz on one side and a bunch of computers on the other.

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the Cirit launcher in particular but only share my view on launchers in general. Since I currently have high amounts of coffee rushing through my veins, I've a hard time trying to bring an end to this post - so sorry for the Berlin-wall of text :cheesy:

Baykuş;4848265 said:
Are your question regarding the UCAV on the poster or the Cirit missile it's all about?
If the latter, then I would say it's about 99% indigenous with a slight chance of using some nuts and bolts made abroad. If you meant the UCAV, however, then I would like to mention that it's just a 3D print utilized by the missile manufacturer Roketsan who probably needed something in their poster to carry their product - which in this case are the Cirit-pods. In other words; the drone shown in the picture doesn't reassemble anything that actually exists, at least not anything that's publicly known.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

No, I meant the actual developed ANKA, not the one in the picture. I should have been more clear, I apologize.

No. It is not indigenous at all. The Turkish columnists in hurryiet and todayszaman have several times said that the landing gears, flight computers, engine, ....is imported.
The image intensifier of aselsan flir is imported too.

Back
Top Bottom