What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

İnfidels are to buy stealth UAV by 3million USD. Cheap than dirty.
https://www.aviationtoday.com/2020/...t-of-xq-58a-valkyrie-expected-soon-afrl-says/

1920px-xq-58a_valkyrie_demonstrator_first_flight-1024x681.jpg

The Air Force has said that the aircraft will be relatively low price, $3 million for the first 99 and $2 million after that.

The service is considering buying 20 to 30 XQ-58A aircraft as early as fiscal year 2021. Kratos CEO Eric DeMarco told investors in November that the company may receive a "substantial" Valkyrie order within 90 days of enactment of fiscal 2020 defense appropriations.
IMG_20200212_121553.jpg

Runway independence!!!
Thats what you need for your LHD!

Last edited:
Turkish industry can make better one, Baykar has MIUS and TAI has Goksungur project.
Goskungur is going to be subsonic/supersonic uav used in offensive operations with TF-X
TAI has actually other stealth program i think it’s called advanced UAV or something like that

Goskungur is going to be subsonic/supersonic uav used in offensive operations with TF-X
TAI has actually other stealth program i think it’s called advanced UAV or something like that
You are confusing with two different projects because of a " LAZ "

SSB's privillige is BAYKAR AKINCI . Politic ties make some advantage for BAYKAR company .

I think Aksungur will not be more than a company project.
That would be suicidal and not beneficial in the long term for baykar
Both TAI and Baykar are important for developing UAVs
Today maybe Baykar is favored because of erdogan but tomorrow when new president is elected he might deliberately punish baykar due to politics TAI can survive without AKSUNGUR they are big company plus they are state owned but i think baykar would go straight into bankruptcy if they are “ignored” by next ruling party/president this can only bring harm to Turkey’s national interest

Today maybe Baykar is favored because of erdogan but tomorrow when new president is elected he might deliberately punish baykar due to politics TAI can survive without AKSUNGUR they are big company plus they are state owned but i think baykar would go straight into bankruptcy if they are “ignored” by next ruling party/president this can only bring harm to Turkey’s national interest

that would be a lost for us..

I would like to see baykar more on different uav technology and tai on everything big .. tai is a different class but baykar has shown themselves as capable.. I think baykar can grow into something good and big.. and having to competitors for uav is enough and will help to create some advances if they push each other to build the better one

competition is always good

Corruption in defence sector has been always common. No one thinks future . After RTE era Baykar will be erased from defence sector. So they dont let other copmanies for new systems.

Another great company Vestel made KARAYEL combat UAVs but goverment refused to buy them. So they couldnt sell to domestic market. But a few systems sold to Saudi Arabia.
I know about this but it would be shame when another president end baykar since they have advanced too much with UAV development
Karayel and TAI are old established companies their UAV project is only small part of their businesses
but baykar is the first specialized domestic company for UAV selcuk bayraktar is inspiration for all young engineers....
Unfortunately politicians don’t have vision they would rather pursue personal vendetta against their political opponents even if this would be catastrophic for Turkey....

No, both TAI and Baykar drones will be added to the armed forces, if TAI hasnt delivered the Aksungur´s then they found some problems and are fixing them right now.

SSB's privillige is BAYKAR AKINCI . Politic ties make some advantage for BAYKAR company .

I think Aksungur will not be more than a company project.
Baykar and TAI are strategic companies. No ruling party, doesn't matter which one will come in the future, would let any harm come to these companies. If they were to harm any of these companies it would be straight up treason.

Baykar's advantage is its company vision. They are one of the biggest sponsors for technofest for instance and are heavily involved in it. With technofest they are trying to inspire the youth to focus on various technologies (including various competitions). This comes from a vision and mission that this company upholds, as evident from the interviews from especially Selcuk Bayraktar, in which he talks about wanting to inspire the youth. He is our very own Bill Gates, Elon Musk type of industry leader.

Same can be said about the CEO of KALE Osman Okyay, in which they supported Baykar (among others) in their early days in order to benefit the technological infrastructure of the country. Cross company support is pretty common in our defence industry and that is one of the driving factors behind the growth the industry enjoys. Aselsan supports various companies a lot as well and has many subsidiaries. Many R&D companies work closely with companies like Aselsan, Tubitak, etc. My only wish is that this environment can be implemented better in different industries as well.

Corruption in our defence industry is common someone said. Far from it and here is why: The environment created in our defence industry, the mutual help towards each other is the driving force behind it. Many companies that we haven't even heard of enjoy the support of various industry giants including Aselsan, TAI, STM, as well as SSB, etc. in order to develop the technological infrastructure of our country. When a local company creates components, it is incentivized that OEM's procure their components from these local companies. And if a local option is not available, they find a capable local company and give them the order to develop a local variant of the part, like Meteksan with the helicopter radar, Electra IC with the Microchips, Yongatek with Microchips etc. The leap we made in our industry, the driving force behind it, the steps being taken, all of these couldn't have been possible if corruption was widespread.

In the early and mid 2000's there was bureaucratic friction sure, but I don't know if you can call that corruption. In the 90's and earlier (maybe 2000's as well), there were people from the military and bureaucracy pushing for foreign developed products but even then you can't conclude that it was because of corruption. It could have stemmed from the notion that they thought that foreign products had better quality or were just ignorant to the benefits of local production. You gotta also understand that this is a flag race, the benefits that the industry is enjoying right now is thanks to the roots planted all the way back in the 70's. And because it is a flag race, no future government will let any harm come to Baykar, TAI, Aselsan, Durmazlar, Bozankaya, Tulomsas, Tuvasas, and many others because these are all companies that have strategic value.

Corruption in defence sector has been always common. No one thinks future . After RTE era Baykar will be erased from defence sector. So they dont let other copmanies for new systems.

Another great company Vestel made KARAYEL combat UAVs but goverment refused to buy them. So they couldnt sell to domestic market. But a few systems sold to Saudi Arabia.

You make it sound as if Karayel was not purchased for political reasons which is not true, or not completely true.

Vestel was tasked to make a UAV that was catapult launched (for the navy), Vestel made the UAV but it was not katapult launch able. I cannot say that the Vestel Karayel is a bad UAV but it is not what was required of it, so it did not get orders.

Back
Top Bottom