What's new

Akash Missile System tested for 3rd day Successfully Demonstrates Killing Efficiency

We should not allow the Army and Airforce people to sabotage the Indigenous systems
Well your Akash has issues hiring target when on the move. Now these tests are in controller enviorment.

Well your Akash has issues hiring target when on the move. Now these tests are in controller enviorment.

Pardon me , I see 4 stabilisation hydraulic arms at each corners in SPYDER as well

Doesn't that mean vehicle has to stop , stabilise itself before firing ?
Can it fire on the move ?

Development cost of

LCA- $ 2 Billion
Kaveri- $500 million

And people are cribbing that these projects didn't come in on time!
Rafale- 45 billion Euro
EFT-40 billion Euro

And some idiot was asking me the other day if the LCA was equal to the Eurocanards and if not why not?

Leaving aside the non-existent aerospace industry pre-LCA in India.

Now if these Army guys abuse the indigenous weapons they must be Court Martialled
They rejected it earlier after which DRDO fitted a new seeker on it. It will need to go for user trials again to be accepted.

Development cost of

LCA- $ 2 Billion
Kaveri- $500 million

And people are cribbing that these proincapme in on time!

500 Millions is like even less than "0" when we talk about developing an aircraft engine....
However there are problems, they need to be criticized. But incapability, is certainly not one of them.

Rafale- 45 billion Euro
EFT-40 billion Euro

And some idiot was asking me the other day if the LCA was equal to the Eurocanards and if not why not?

Leaving aside the non-existent aerospace industry pre-LCA in India.

Exactly my point- people just IGNORE that an entire light fighter family with naval variant and trainers was built in $3 billion and they just criticize them? Fact is that IN with $2B for Nuke Subs development and $1B per sub is getting better funding for their programs.

Man, these are systems that've been around doing their job for more than a decade now. Users are perfectly satisfied with them.

Hitting targets on the move? What SAM of this class can perform that? It's an almost unheard of feature.

Man, these are systems that've been around doing their job for more than a decade now. Users are perfectly satisfied with them.
Not only that but said users (cheap bhanyias) are pouring in billions of USD to procure more of them. On one hand the Indian armed forces on PDF get accused of being foreign "maal" lovers or turncoat lobbyists for the foreign lobby because they set unrealistically high requirements on new equipment being inducted and then when they induct indigenious stuff said equipment is inferior and the armed forces are merely inducting them for "pride", I mean which is it?

500 Millions is like even less than "0" when we talk about developing an aircraft engine....
However there are problems, they need to be criticized. But incapability, is certainly not one of them.
That's probably the expenses, marketing and logistics budget for the last decade for some major engine manufacturers like P&W or RR and GTRE were meant to come up with a world class engine from scratch with that? And then some question why there have been some spectacular failures in the past with Indian projects. Is it a coincidence that since such projects started getting proper funding (in the past decade) that the success ratio has gone through the roof?

a nuclear tipped surface to air missile? planning for a big 4th of July I guess!

Zarvan Bhai, this is medium range SAM, why would it required to fire on the move. That is the job of the SHORAD and VSHORAD.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom