What's new

Akash Missile System tested for 3rd day Successfully Demonstrates Killing Efficiency

Akash Missile program is an Expensive Project...
.like S-400,with on n of results

Sir wishlists are always high and if one keeps on giving free hand to people out there then its the indegenous systems that suffer and foregin maal lobby plays more actively to malign local systems. I say IAF shud ve trusted Akash and waited till complete deployment of Akash rather than simultaneously go for both.
This is illogical, the SPYDER isn't a direct threat to the Akash or vice versa, they are complimentary systems. The Akash-1 was never going to be as capable as the SPYDER for the reasons I have stated but it is comparatively cheaper and thus can be ordered in larger quantities with the SPYDER coming in suppliment it in certain critical locations. Just recently the IAF made a huge follow-on order, there is no case of the local system being maligned at all.

Sir wishlists are always high and if one keeps on giving free hand to people out there then its the indegenous systems that suffer and foregin maal lobby plays more actively to malign local systems. I say IAF shud ve trusted Akash and waited till complete deployment of Akash rather than simultaneously go for both.

Surprising even to me, IAF have become stern supporter of Akash, rejecting even maîtri development ..

Just now read the news about new QRSaM development by HDL and BEL , probably VL Astra .

They didn't question the Akash's abilities but pointed out they had a need for other systems (QR-SAM) in addtion to the Akash and the media entirely misinterprated (perhaps intentionally) such comments.

I think the requirement is for filling the role of the failed Trishul system.

who is the @$$ doing the reporting....

Two more rounds of medium range nuclear capable surface-to-air missile Akash were successfully test fired from a defence test facility off the Odisha coast against two unmanned aerial vehicles demonstrating its ‘killing’ efficiency on Wednesday.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/akash-missile-system-tested-for-3rd-day-successfully-demonstrates-killing-efficiency.426788/#ixzz45nLlKKf5

Two more rounds of medium range nuclear capable surface-to-air missile Akash were successfully test fired from a defence test facility off the Odisha coast against two unmanned aerial vehicles demonstrating its ‘killing’ efficiency on Wednesday.
Seems the reporter assumed him/herself it was NUCLEAR Tipped :crazy:

idrw.org/look-into-indias-upcoming-indigenous-qrsams-quick-reaction-surface-to-air-missile/

I am not able to edit previous message to add this link..
Some issues still pending I guess...
Basically a Spyder-like solution with the Astra:

Spyder-SAM.jpg

615086_10151066301291395_985796652_o.jpg

The only issue is that the DRDO does not have any active seeking IR missile like the Python-V as the SPYDER system has both the Derby and Python-V to have a greater employment envelope and kill propobility so whilst the Astra could replace the Derby in a SPYDER-like system, there is nothing right now in India to replace the Python-V that would make this system less capable than the SYPDER.

I think the requirement is for filling the role of the failed Trishul system.

who is the @$$ doing the reporting....

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/akash-missile-system-tested-for-3rd-day-successfully-demonstrates-killing-efficiency.426788/#ixzz45nLlKKf5

Probably as a crude ICBM defence or last ditch IRBM defence. Even Russia has/had nuclear tipped SAMs.

The new deal of SPYDER must be of ER (50 km) variant since its older MR variant already inducted by IAF years ago.

SPYDER MR -Range 35 Km inducted by India according to SIPRI

spyderer.JPG

1203.jpg

The SPYDER-MR ADS system is a Medium Range Air Defense Missile System (MRADMS) designed to engage and destroy a wide spectrum of threats, such as attack aircraft bombers, curise missiles, UAVs, UCAVs and stand-off weapons.

The SPYDER-MR ADS Air Defense System (ADS) ensures protection of high value assets as well as maneuvering combat forces. The system is an all-weather, network-centric, self-propelled, multi-launch, quick-reaction ADS. Vertical launch SPYDER-MR ADS enables 360 degree missile launching, within 2 seconds of the target being declared hostile by the system.
SPYDER-MR ADS incorporates RAFAEL's most advanced missiles – the Derby, an active radar Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile and the Python 5, a sophisticated dual band Imaging Infra Red (IIR) missile. Both missiles are equipped with a booster.

Engages and destroys a wide spectrum of hostile targets
  • Maximum intercept range is over 35 km and an altitude of 16 km
  • Protects a large area
  • Quick response
  • Flexible deployment and operation
  • High lethality
  • Survivability
  • High reliability
  • Mobility
  • Simple and continuous operation
  • Interoperability with SPYDER-SR or other ADS

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts