What's new

AK 47 MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The presence of weapons doesn't cause violence... it is society, and the man behind the weapon.

As for the role of government in protecting me and my family... unless they post an armed guard 24 hours a day in my house, I don't trust them. Criminals break in to brutalize your wife and daughters, and you dial the phone to call for help. Then you wait. And wait. How much horror can happen in the time it takes for help to arrive, assuming you can get the call off in the first place?

Yamamoto (the famous Japanese Admiral) said of the U.S. - "Invasion is impossible. There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass." And he was right.

I understand the point you're trying to make. I believe modern pistols, rifles or shotguns are sufficient for the cause. What I do not understand, is the need to keep automatic weapons. These weapons were obviously not designed for protecting your familia. In the wrong hands they can do much more harm than good. I completely agree with small/non-auto weapons for self defence but stuff like AK-47 is way off. Someone wrote he even saw a bazooka. I wonder what kind of defensive situation you would need that in (!)

@Thread starter: There are plenty of forums/clubs specifically for weapon enthusiasts. IIRC there used to be a forum dedicated to your region. You should check those out.

I understand the point you're trying to make. I believe modern pistols, rifles or shotguns are sufficient for the cause. What I do not understand, is the need to keep automatic weapons. These weapons were obviously not designed for protecting your familia.

Did you know that the M-4 as used by the U.S. Army doesn't have a full-auto selection? The best it does is a three round burst. Yes they have belt-fed machine guns like the M-240 and M-249, but the average soldier mostly fights in semi-automatic. Aimed, deliberate semi-auto fire from an assault rifle is probably more effective than "spray and pray."

Besides, the vast bulk of AK-47's offered to civilians are limited to semi-automatic only. This semi-auto rifle:

Slb2000r.jpg

is far more powerful and accurate than an AK-47. Fewer shots, admittedly, but it "looks" calmer and more civilized. The average person isn't afraid of it, yet the damage it can do is far beyond the AK.

yeh my cousin was dead when cleaning AK47 last year he was 25 years

Sorry to learn of it..

Guns are no doubt every mans dream to acquire. But we should know for what purpose we need them. In Northern part of India, where my home is, keeping guns is a culture, it signifies influence and wealth.
But I also know a few cases in our family, when during wedding the Gents would go out in the open to let of fire from their Pistols/revolvers/rifles or double barrels( Semi automatics are legally not allowed in India). During such macho displays there have been casualities. Few fatal..so I always request people to keep their weapon in a sensible place with a cool mind.
These toys are not for the short tempered.

if you say protection or security, isn't that the role of the Government ?

Well, sad to say but we are not getting even quarter of the security (whether it be social security, economic security, life security or any other form of security) that should be provided by the government and which is the government's responsibility in the first place.

My reply is off topic but just wanted to share this point in reference to your sentence.

Well, sad to say but we are not getting even quarter of the security (whether it be social security, economic security, life security or any other form of security) that should be provided by the government and which is the government's responsibility in the first place.

My reply is off topic but just wanted to share this point in reference to your sentence.

Thank you for admitting it, pal. I have nothing against citizens keeping small arms for their own protection, my concern lies with the bigger weapons designed for bigger purpose. When Arms are available in such free supply people can impulsively do things they could later regret.

Did you know that the M-4 as used by the U.S. Army doesn't have a full-auto selection? The best it does is a three round burst. Yes they have belt-fed machine guns like the M-240 and M-249, but the average soldier mostly fights in semi-automatic. Aimed, deliberate semi-auto fire from an assault rifle is probably more effective than "spray and pray."

Besides, the vast bulk of AK-47's offered to civilians are limited to semi-automatic only. This semi-auto rifle:

Slb2000r.jpg

is far more powerful and accurate than an AK-47. Fewer shots, admittedly, but it "looks" calmer and more civilized. The average person isn't afraid of it, yet the damage it can do is far beyond the AK.

Even if most of the AK's were fully automatic, I assume they would still be used in short bursts. It has more to do with efficiency than anything else.

USA is a far more advanced place than Pakistan. You can trace the bullet to the gun, and the gun to it's owner. US could be one of the hardest places on Earth to smuggle weapons. I doubt if this would be possible in Pakistan with such huge quantities of unlicensed arms available freely. Standard Pistols are adequate for self defence and are also the easiest to obtain legally. Besides the size, rifles have more shots and a much harder impact that reduces the targets chances of survival.

it dosent mean that this age of boy allow to do this i post this that ak47 is the best and esay to get in pakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid thread with stupid intentions. You want to buy an AK47? Get yourself a Prohibited-Bore license first. Anyone willing to purchase an AK wouldn't ask for 'Suggestions' on a forum like this.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom