What's new

AJK begins preparations to celebrate Independence Day of Pakistan

@Zibago the day is not far that truth would speak itself loud & clear, only the deaf and those who don't want to hear truth, wouldn't believe it.

Why Kashmiris celebrate August 14

1161475-kashmir-1471072142-705-640x480.JPG

Pakistani flags hoisted and carried during a rally in Srinagar, Kashmir. PHOTO: REUTERS

On August 14, Kashmiris living across Jammu and Kashmir will organise referendum marches and offer special prayers for the stability of Pakistan, according to the latest ‘protest calendar’ issued by the joint committee set up by the three prominent pro-freedom leaders – Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Yasin Malik.

A day later, on August 15, the Indian Independence Day will be marked as a black day with civil curfew – a day-light voluntary restraint on public movement. The protest calendar also recommends people wear black dresses or black bands on the day and raise black flags on houses, shops, market centres and local squares.

Preparations for 69th Independence Day at peak in AJK
preparations-for-69th-independence-day-at-peak-in-ajk-800cb2e1ca577a1fbb2a22ea7f1664a5.jpg

By: agencies
13-Aug-16 220
MUZAFFARABAD: Like other parts of the country, preparations to observe Independence Day are in full swing in Muzaffarabad and other parts of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

The day will be started with prayers for the prosperity of Pakistan, freedom of Kashmir and maintenance of strong brotherhood among the Muslim Ummah.

All national highways that connect Pakistan with the AJK have been decorated with portraits of national heroes including Quaid-e-Azam, Allama Iqbal, and others and with colorful buntings and buntings. Different programmes have been arranged to mark the day with national enthusiasm.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/13-Aug-16/preparations-for-69th-independence-day-at-peak-in-ajk
@waz @krash @PaklovesTurkiye @Musafir117 @django @The Sandman @Moonlight @Jonah Arthur @Mr.Meap

Your post has been reported. Hope you get a permanent one.

Moral policing on a troll fest thread, satisfying for local domestic consumption of arm chair generals. Pathetic to say the least.

Moral policing on a troll fest thread, satisfying for local domestic consumption of arm chair generals. Pathetic to say the least.
Troll fested?
Only a handful of people trolling here, do read up the thread before quoting me.
Next time, refrain from such half baked comments.

You are presently in Mirpur right?
@Azad-Kashmiri
Any videos from Mirpur?

I don't have a video camera and I've never voted or been to these celebrations. Yes, people went crazy on the streets and I'm sure someone will upload a video soon. I think it is a waste of time and money, we should better spend our money on useful things like educating the awam on Islam, so when the HIndustanis come over the mountains, the awam as brave they are now, will not flinch in time of war!

Btw, i thought you live here?

I don't have a video camera and I've never voted or been to these celebrations. Yes, people went crazy on the streets and I'm sure someone will upload a video soon. I think it is a waste of time and money, we should better spend our money on useful things like educating the awam on Islam, so when the HIndustanis come over the mountains, the awam as brave they are now, will not flinch in time of war!

Btw, i thought you live here?
No i am from Mirpur district my village is close to khari Sharif(wont disclose it :D ) but i live in Islamabad

No i am from Mirpur district my village is close to khari Sharif(wont disclose it :D ) but i live in Islamabad

Do you work there? If so, can't you find work here? I went with my cousin 2 or 3 times and I did not like the pretentious people. People wearing gora clothes; shocking! Where is the REAL love for Pakistan? All jingolism and no substance. If a person loves their country and don't have an inferiority complex, they'd hold onto their culture.

Back
Top Bottom