What's new

****** Airtel plans to launch a fibre link to Bangladesh

Mattrixx

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
****** Airtel executives, however, declined to reveal the company’s 3G gameplan in Bangladesh

****** Airtel will shortly launch an international fibre-optic cable link to boost internet speeds in Bangladesh even as it readies to pitch for 3G airwaves that will be auctioned by the neighbouring country in early-September, Economic Times reported on Monday.

The Sunil Mittal-founded telco has invested an undisclosed sum in a terrestrial fibre-optic cable link between India and Bangladesh to have the bandwidth in place to handle the expected surge in data traffic in the neighbouring country, post-rollout of 3G services.

Its wholly-owned Bangladesh arm, Airtel Bangladesh, is, in fact, likely to take the 3G route to boost the company’s under 8% market penetration in a country that is home to some 103m mobile customers.

****** Airtel executives declined to reveal the company’s 3G gameplan in Bangladesh but said “the new fibre-optic cable link would support the anticipated data thrust in the neighbouring country once third-generation mobile broadband services get rolled out”.

Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BRTC) will also allow telcos to bid for only 5 MHz or units of airwaves in the 2100 MHz band for offering high-end data services on the 3G platform.

The spectrum auction is reportedly scheduled on September 2.

Airtel’s new fibre-optic cable link will, accordingly, serve as a second international gateway to reinforce connectivity to Bangladesh and also help route bilateral global voice and data traffic.

Company executives added that all existing mobile phone companies and internet service providers (ISPs) in Bangladesh would be able to use Airtel’s fibre-optic cable link to improve the overall quality of international voice and data connectivity in the country.

****** Airtel already has direct terrestrial cables linking China and other key Saarc markets like Nepal, Pakistan and Bhutan.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/technology/2013/jul/22/******-airtel-plans-launch-fibre-link-bangladesh

Edit:I didnt know that the the word "Bharaati" is banned :lol:

Yet another win win situation for both India and Bangladesh. Airtel is really a very trusted brand in India. Hope Bangladesh also avail benefits from it
:cheers:

PS Bangladesh is now clearly ahead in Telecom sector compared to Pakistan (read 3g) Congrats

@Mattrixx
I really like this quote :smitten:

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY.
YOU FOOL !! JUST DO YOUR PART WELL.
BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUR COUNTRY ! ! !
@Mattrixx
I really like this quote :smitten:

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY.
YOU FOOL !! JUST DO YOUR PART WELL.
BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUR COUNTRY ! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:
hope this Bharatii airtel will not leak the internet privacy of Bangladehis to RAW

:raise::drag::yes4:So class get ready for today's MCQ -
Question no: 1>who is the owner of air tel? Who will make millions of dollars through this deal?
Answers - 1)India/India own company.
2)Shojib wajed joy/Shiekh family.
3)some of our famous Dalals.
4)All the above.

Airtel is real beast in broadband sector .... They invest heavily in laying of fiber in India.

good news for BD.

:raise::drag::yes4:So class get ready for today's MCQ -
Question no: 1>who is the owner of air tel? Who will make millions of dollars through this deal?
Answers - 1)India/India own company.
2)Shojib wajed joy/Shiekh family.
3)some of our famous Dalals.
4)All the above.

who is taking above??
(over 1 billion indian voice)
answer: lungi walla troller
:rofl:

can't bear when something good happens to ur country?? Airtel operates in OVER 20 COUNTRIES AND 3RD LARGEST TELEOPERATOR in the world.
is something entering ur **** head?

hope this Bharatii airtel will not leak the internet privacy of Bangladehis to RAW

I am cent percent sure they won't:)

first,LOL at all those stars... :lol: @Loki, why the word "Bharatii"(one "i" included) is banned???

second,good news..Airtel is a very good service provider,though a little bit costly,but it gives a good service.only few years ago,it was the best service provider of India,but later,that place was taken by Vodaphone.last year,Airtel bounce back at the top position..Airtel has 20.58 percent of the market share in Indian telecom sector,It has 185.92 million subscribers as of September 2012.it also has DTH type facilities,though I don't know if it will be launched in BD or not..

and those who are worrying about RAW,don't worry.India is starting to negotiate with NSA to get all the info from BD..its far more cheap option..no need to deal with Airtel..we've EARS on you.. :cheers:

first,LOL at all those stars... :lol: @Loki, why the word "Bharatii"(one "i" included) is banned???

second,good news..Airtel is a very good service provider,though a little bit costly,but it gives a good service.only few years ago,it was the best service provider of India,but later,that place was taken by Vodaphone.last year,Airtel bounce back at the top position..Airtel has 20.58 percent of the market share in Indian telecom sector,It has 185.92 million subscribers as of September 2012.it also has DTH type facilities,though I don't know if it will be launched in BD or not..

and those who are worrying about RAW,don't worry.India is starting to negotiate with NSA to get all the info from BD..its far more cheap option..no need to deal with Airtel..we've EARS on you.. :cheers:
bharati is banned because it was used as a abusive word on pdf, there is nothing wrong with word p-a-k-i ... means pure.. but you know its used as abuse.

bharati is banned because it was used as a abusive word on pdf, there is nothing wrong with word p-a-k-i ... means pure.. but you know its used as abuse.

then they should ban "yindoos","Baniya","Chanakya" etc which is especially used against Indians and far more abusive(though those words related with Chanakya is funny)..

then they should ban "yindoos","Baniya","Chanakya" etc which is especially used against Indians and far more abusive(though those words related with Chanakya is funny)..

well.. no its fine.. how many words will you ban.. let people use whatever they like.. :D

Airtel is real beast in broadband sector .... They invest heavily in laying of fiber in India.

good news for BD.

Are you crazy? Anything coming from India can't be good for BD....this has been proven on PDF a thousand times. :D

Back
Top Bottom