What's new

Aircraft carrier is a glorified training ship per NY times article

a 60,000 ton carrier is just a training ship for the PLA, but a 30,000 ton crap without functional power will be the core of the Indian navy. Who's more pathetic?

India does not want or need a super heavy carrier, so stop crying.

Nah we will just laugh when your economies start to fall apart and your military budgets shrink.
Heck already your budgets are being cut and new weapons projects being cancelled.

Western economies cannot cash the checks your politicians, delusional fanboys and military are writing.

Your situation is going to get far far worse.

Yup...we are dieing over here....and yet you are and will remain 2nd

EzioAltaïr;3445619 said:
Yeah, and your so-called 25th Century ship is set to become a training toy. :rofl:

It still better than crap, right? :lol:

I just wanted to clear something up here for everyone's benefit.

Yes, the Liaoning is a training ship. The soldiers are there to look tough and party all night long. Nothing to fear from this ship. It's all for show.

No, China is not capable of manufacturing anything worthwhile. Not stealth aircrafts, not carriers. Nada. We can't even manufacture a car. As we all know, we need to go through the entire industrial revolution before we can even think about building advanced things like the Americans.

By my estimates, China's 20 years behind India, and about 50 years behind America. In fact, due to the lack of Chinese Creativity (an innate trait, unique to the Chinese), I'm pretty sure that China will never, ever, ever surpass the US.

These are my true feelings. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Can we drop the Chinese threat threads? you know, the ones about China will be a threat to everyone in the near future? Surely one can see that such an incompetent country is no threat to anyone. Think of us as a bigger Vietnam.

I just wanted to clear something up here for everyone's benefit.

Yes, the Liaoning is a training ship. The soldiers are there to look tough and party all night long. Nothing to fear from this ship. It's all for show.

No, China is not capable of manufacturing anything worthwhile. Not stealth aircrafts, not carriers. Nada. We can't even manufacture a car. As we all know, we need to go through the entire industrial revolution before we can even think about building advanced things like the Americans.

By my estimates, China's 20 years behind India, and about 50 years behind America. In fact, due to the lack of Chinese Creativity (an innate trait, unique to the Chinese), I'm pretty sure that China will never, ever, ever surpass the US.

These are my true feelings. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Can we drop the Chinese threat threads? you know, the ones about China will be a threat to everyone in the near future? Surely one can see that such an incompetent country is no threat to anyone. Think of us as a bigger Vietnam.

:blink: :crazy_pilot:

Nah we will just laugh when your economies start to fall apart and your military budgets shrink.
Heck already your budgets are being cut and new weapons projects being cancelled.

Western economies cannot cash the checks your politicians, delusional fanboys and military are writing.

Your situation is going to get far far worse.

There's no need to try to convince Americans that they're falling behind. They actually already know it, they just have trouble admitting it. It's why some Americans attack China.

Fear.

It's the same reason why Americans attacked Japan in the 80's when they thought Japan was about to take over.

Indulge them, it makes the losers of American society feel better about themselves.

After all, it's good for China to maintain a humble attitude and feel like we're behind. Being behind lights a collective fire behind our ***** to get ahead. There's nothing worse than feeling you're ahead and getting complacent. The minute you think you're ahead is the exact minute when progress stops.

but if you feel far too behind, people lose hope and just give up.

Think of us as a bigger Vietnam.

Actually according to Tom from Valuewalk (the guy who graduated from oh so famous Aahr-something University) every nation in the world is more advanced than us.

Vietnam by 20 years. India by 30. Any European country >100000000 years ahead of us.

The Americans have bad habits of overestimating themselves and underestimating others. It may be userful tactics for some, but not so true for East Asian, where people's average IQ are considerably higher than American. That's why they lose the war in Vietnam and almost lose the war in Korea in fighting with much more primitive armies like North Vietnamese, North Korean and PLA.
North Vietnamese air forces, with much less fighters and training facilities, produced more "Flying Aces" (16 vs. 5) than US air forces during the war. That is what Americans could never imagine before the war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vietnam_War_flying_aces

The Americans have bad habits of overestimating themselves and underestimating others. It may be userful tactics for some, but not so true for East Asian, where people's average IQ are considerably higher than American. That's why they lose the war in Vietnam and almost lose the war in Korea in fighting with much more primitive armies like North Vietnamese, North Korean and PLA.
North Vietnamese air forces, with much less fighters and training facilities, produced more "Flying Aces" (16 vs. 5) than US air forces during the war. That is what Americans could never imagine before the war.
List of Vietnam War flying aces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is because the American pilots did not stay in theater as long as the North Vietnamese Air Force pilots.

Further...

- There were more American aircrafts than there were VPAF aircrafts.

- The NVAF usually targeted fighter-bombers who were usually armed for ground attacks.

Combine the three factors and it is inevitable that the NVAF would produce more aces than the American air forces would.

But when the VPAF with the MIG-21s had to fight fighters and not fighter-bombers...And in a battle that forced the VPAF pilots to resort to air combat maneuvers (ACM) and tactics instead of their typical dash/slash and run tactic against fighter-bombers...

Operation Bolo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As the F-4s landed at Ubon, their ground crews lined the taxi way. As each Phantom passed, cockpits opened, the pilots indicated with upheld fingers the numbers of kills they'd scored. Of the 16 MiG-21s known to be in the VPAF inventory, 11 to 14 had been engaged on that day (depending on the source), with seven destroyed and two others probably shot down (by Combies and Maj. Herman L. Knapp, Rambler 03). Years later, Vietnamese government sources admitted that Operation Bolo on January 2 was one of the worst days for the VPAF during the war. The VPAF claimed to have lost five Mig-21's, with no enemy kills to claim.

The success of Operation Bolo led Seventh Air Force to plan a similar mission simulating an RF-4C photo reconnaissance mission. The immediate reaction to Bolo by the VPAF was to challenge the daily "recce" mission on the two days immediately following Bolo, in each case causing the mission to be aborted. On both January 5 and January 6, a pair of 555th TFS F-4C Phantoms, flying a close formation to appear as a single target on North Vietnamese radar, flew the high-speed profile. On the second day, intercepted by 4 MiGs, they again surprised and shot down two during the encounter, with Crab 01 (Capt. Richard M. Pascoe and 1st Lt. Norman E. Wells) and Crab 02 (Maj. Thomas M. Hirsch and 1st Lt. Roger J. Strasswimmer) each scoring a kill.

For the North Vietnamese (and their Soviet allies who supplied the MiG-21 aircraft and helped set up the integrated air defense network), the two reverses on January 2 and January 5-6 forced them to husband their assets by grounding the MiGs for several months for retraining and devising of new tactics.

That is because the American pilots did not stay in theater as long as the North Vietnamese Air Force pilots.

Further...

- There were more American aircrafts than there were VPAF aircrafts.
- The NVAF usually targeted fighter-bombers who were usually armed for ground attacks.

Combine the three factors and it is inevitable that the NVAF would produce more aces than the American air forces would.

But when the VPAF with the MIG-21s had to fight fighters and not fighter-bombers...And in a battle that forced the VPAF pilots to resort to air combat maneuvers (ACM) and tactics instead of their typical dash/slash and run tactic against fighter-bombers...

Luckiky the war was over, VN was reunited. Some of us would rather see the South won the war and subjugated the North.
I read the USS Enterprise will retire in 2013. Would the US consider to hand it over to VN for free?

Luckiky the war was over, VN was reunited. Some of us would rather see the South won the war and subjugated the North.
I read the USS Enterprise will retire in 2013. Would the US consider to hand it over to VN for free?

A united country is much better than the a separate country like North and South Korea. But the way the Vietcong carried out the unification was barbaric to say the least. There was no respect what so ever for the loser, much different than East and West Germany. This is why Vietnam is such a **** hole now. The people in position of power have no concept of dignity and respect, only boozing and nepotism.

For all those remittance to the country, yet Vietnam have failed miserably to produce any meaniful chance the way China have changed in the past decade.

EzioAltaïr;3445619 said:
Yeah, and your so-called 25th Century ship is set to become a training toy. :rofl:

Do you know the history of your so called " operational AC " which is nothing more than a rusting junk bought from the Brits and has spent more years in shipyards than in service and no aircrafts to operate from it ? :azn: ...

Hint : At the moment , its still in Kochin getting a refit for the nth time :lol:

EzioAltaïr;3449183 said:
India does not want or need a super heavy carrier, so stop crying.

Doesn't want ? :P ...

it is a designated training ship, with no aircraft capable of landing on it

For now , perhaps ? ...

The number " 16 " is neither carved in stone nor written in constitution :D

Why are you on about a Chinese training Vessel, when you are a Pakistani?

I hope you do not see that as your achievement, or do you?

What exactly does it have to do with being a Pakistani ? :azn: I can ask the same question from you , kid :azn: From the first post , it seems that Indians care more than the Chinese what they will use the AC for ... Why so concerned ?

I will not dignify that troll comment with a response ...

Back
Top Bottom