What's new

Air Superiority fighters comparision and requirement analysis.

Let us go to the past for a moment...you know: we will better understand future if we know the past or something like that..

It has often been said that although maneuverable, J-6's handling was not good.
What was wrong, too much adverse yaw during rolls, unstable longitudinaly at transonic speeds or else ?
And was it realy maneuverable? Any figures/numbers to support that maneuverability ?

Let us go to the past for a moment...you know: we will better understand future if we know the past or something like that..

It has often been said that although maneuverable, J-6's handling was not good.
What was wrong, too much adverse yaw during rolls, unstable longitudinaly at transonic speeds or else ?
And was it realy maneuverable? Any figures/numbers to support that maneuverability ?

Well no need for numbers, I would usually take a Romanian's word when it comes to that.

Word of advice, next time don't use someones quote from an online forum as a source.

The fanboy who wrote that appearently forgot about the F-35 and its nozzles, but since its American made it has ammunity :rofl:

Also, Sukhoi has also said that the heat signature for the T-50 is low.

What about the F-35 nozzles? There is noticeable LO work done on the nozzles since the the early X-35 prototype. Take a closer look at the two images, the zig-zag pattern seen on the nozzle is one example of an RCS reducing feature.
F-35_Lightning_II.jpg

f35b_stovl_20100319.jpg

F 15 and SU 35 are best Airsuperiority fighter jets availabale in the market today fully operational for me

What about the F-35 nozzles? There is noticeable LO work done on the nozzles since the the early X-35 prototype. Take a closer look at the two images, the zig-zag pattern seen on the nozzle is one example of an RCS reducing feature.
F-35_Lightning_II.jpg

f35b_stovl_20100319.jpg

Well the serration can be performed on any engine's exhaust.
DBC what measures are done on F-35 to reduce its heat signature? Does it use tiles inside exhaust or any other exhaust gas cooling methods to reduce it's heat signature?

F 15 and SU 35 are best Airsuperiority fighter jets availabale in the market today fully operational for me

SU 35 is certainly not as fully operational as F-15s......F-15s are more combat proven and in used by RSAF and IDAF alongside USAF.

Now why would they give f-15s to Israel, is beyond me.

F-35 sometime looks like a derivative of cancelled Yak 141 project (Thanks Luftwaffe for posting YT vid of it)

Well the serration can be performed on any engine's exhaust.
No not quite, it will be harder to implement this feature on a 3-D Iris nozzle such as the one used on the latest T-50 prototype.

DBC what measures are done on F-35 to reduce its heat signature? Does it use tiles inside exhaust or any other exhaust gas cooling methods to reduce it's heat signature?

You mean ceramic, yes Silicon Carbide Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) are used instead of traditional material such as nickel, chromium and titanium alloy in high-temperature zones. CMC's are expensive because it requires precise laser assisted machining.

SU 35 is certainly not as fully operational as F-15s......F-15s are more combat proven and in used by RSAF and IDAF alongside USAF.

Now why would they give f-15s to Israel, is beyond me.
Su-35BM still has characteristics derived from Su-37 terminator, formerly the world's deadliest air superiority fighter demonstrator.

F-15 is no doubt more experienced but this shows that Sukhoi wielding countries have gone to war very few times as compared to F-15 using countries.

Merits of Su-35BM are:

powerful enginers, 3D thrust vectoring, excellent maneuverability and aerodynamics, swing-role possibilities, very powerful radar (400 km is no joke), immense weapons load etc.

Demerits are:

huge radar signature.

So I guess its really good.

Su-35BM still has characteristics derived from Su-37 terminator, formerly the world's deadliest air superiority fighter demonstrator.

F-15 is no doubt more experienced but this shows that Sukhoi wielding countries have gone to war very few times as compared to F-15 using countries.

Merits of Su-35BM are:

powerful enginers, 3D thrust vectoring, excellent maneuverability and aerodynamics, swing-role possibilities, very powerful radar (400 km is no joke), immense weapons load etc.

Demerits are:

huge radar signature.

So I guess its really good.

There, i made it bold and underlined it for you.

You cannot put "former" and "deadliest" along with "demonstrator".

What we are comparing is the full operational fighters not demonstrators. You cannot say it was deadly just because it could carry huge weapons load or had a radar. It must be combat proven.

F-15 and F-16s are legendary and combat proven, i am sorry but a demonstrator doesn't deserve a place next to them.

Feel free to disagree...

There, i made it bold and underlined it for you.

You cannot put "former" and "deadliest" along with "demonstrator".

What we are comparing is the full operational fighters not demonstrators. You cannot say it was deadly just because it could carry huge weapons load or had a radar. It must be combat proven.

F-15 and F-16s are legendary and combat proven, i am sorry but a demonstrator doesn't deserve a place next to them.

Feel free to disagree...

What he meant to say is Su-35BM/S being derived from Su-37 Terminator is a superior aircraft altogether. Not that Su-37 is superior.

Su-35S is not a demonstrator. RuAF as already ordered some of them.

Any actual numbers, figures or graphs about maneuverability ? Or just talks ?

Some may not realize, but the VTOL F-35 has a unique arrangement atypical of other VTOL aircraft like the Harrier. Rather than simply ducting the exhaust downward, a transmission engages a lift fan using a shaft from the main engine.

This also corrects the dangerous phenomenon of the engine swallowing its own oxygen-poor exhaust as it approaches the ground.

Lockheed gambled and it paid off. The thrust generated from the lift fan is superior to ducted exhaust, which makes the F-35 VTOL variant capable of much greater take-off weights, usually the bane of VTOL fighter-bombers.

f119-lm.jpg

It is an aircraft with huge potential.

Back
Top Bottom