What's new

Air intakes

1806201005.jpg

This is also a photoshop? :rolleyes:

Very clearly. The intake tunnel is meters deep, light can not bounce off so much as to illuminate the compressor blades. Look at some of your own images you posted, even when photographed from so close distances, they aren't visible unless camera is taken into the intake to adjust the light balance.

In a picture taken from outside the intake, the brightness of light outside the intake is hundreds of times more than the brightness inside the intake, and camera lens can not capture such areas with low illumination. The pic above is a clear PS.

Very clearly. The intake tunnel is meters deep, light can not bounce off so much as to illuminate the compressor blades. Look at some of your own images you posted, even when photographed from so close distances, they aren't visible unless camera is taken into the intake to adjust the light balance.

In a picture taken from outside the intake, the brightness of light outside the intake is hundreds of times more than the brightness inside the intake, and camera lens can not capture such areas with low illumination. The pic above is a clear PS.

http://www.sukhoi.org/img/content/news/18_06_2010_04.jpg

hightempotraining3small.jpg

Senior Airman Jeffery Wood crawls from the air intake of a B-1 Lancer after performing a post-flight engine inlet inspection Jan. 26, 2011, at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. Airmen Wood is deployed in support of Red Flag 11-2, a combined exercise that provides a realistic combat training environment to the U.S. and its allies. Airman Wood is a 28th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron crew chief. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Benjamin Wilson)

As opposed to the picture of F-18E 500 posted; in the following pic I can't see ant compressor blade of Super Horner
2n21pvq.jpg

As opposed to the picture of F-18E 500 posted; in the following pic I can't see ant compressor blade of Super Horner
On my pics of SH there is radar blocker, not compressor blade.

^^ sir do clarify me are these parts[radar blockers] immovable?? I.e are they stitched to the body or moves with the moving compressor blades

^^ sir do clarify me are these parts[radar blockers] immovable?? I.e are they stitched to the body or moves with the moving compressor blades
I dont know to be honest. By the way on this pic you can see compressor blades behind the blocker:

fa18e.jpg

So its not perfect solution.

Here proposed radar blocker for PAK FA:

YouTube - ?????-?????? ??? ?-50

It can switch from max stealth to max thrust modes. But probably its just fan boy art :pop:

^^The thing is that if this thing can be made to spin it will suck air in and improve airflow for the engine, in fact some air could be made to bypass the engine and it could act like a large turbofan.

This design could be something that sits in the air intake trunk that is left straight when stealth is not so important but when it is rolled up (note the cog at the rear that winds the straight screens into a helix) it forms a helix like screen that radar energy would bounce around hundreds of times before it exits at the engine fan blade face to be reflected back through the helix... I rather doubt any radar energy would make it back to the emitter at all.

Back
Top Bottom