What's new

Air Force Question Thread

I read somewhere France denied its fighter planes to Pakistan Air Force(PAF)

plz confirm..

They'll deny Pakistan food and water if need be.. Since right now they need to sell the Rafale to India.

The denial involved avionics for the JF-17.. not an aircraft.

I read somewhere France denied its fighter planes to Pakistan Air Force(PAF)

plz confirm..

the benazir government had continued the deal in early and mid 90s for the purchase of the mirage 2ks.. but this deal dissolved with the dissolving of the benazir government is mid 90s..

the french never rejected the mirage sale, they were only not selling the complete 2k package to pakistan due to come restrictions during those days on Pakistan.

on the other hand, Pakistan is the 2nd largest user of mirage family after France itself and operates various versions of that fighter.

Ya FGFA project work is going on by Russia and India and I think it will be inducted by 2019-2020, 2 years after the J-20 is inducted by China.

yes most probably.
do you have any idea that the rejection of russian MIGs by the indian government would have affected the progress of t-50?
the russian government was not happy after the cancellation of a $12 billion deal?

yes most probably.
do you have any idea that the rejection of russian MIGs by the indian government would have affected the progress of t-50?
the russian government was not happy after the cancellation of a $12 billion deal?

No government would be happy after losing a $12 billion deal :laugh:. But I dont think it would affect the FGFA program. India and Russia have a lot of collaboration on other projects like Brahmos and share a strong defence relationship. Plus we continue to induct the Su30MKI too in large numbers

No government would be happy after losing a $12 billion deal :laugh:. But I dont think it would affect the FGFA program. India and Russia have a lot of collaboration on other projects like Brahmos and share a strong defence relationship. Plus we continue to induct the Su30MKI too in large numbers

:D hahaha..ok!

@ 4:21 i think its a jaguar but what i found extraordinary was that it was carrying Air to Air missiles on top of wings rather than below it. Could jf17 or mirage be modified to carry more light weight missiles through this technique or is it only something limited to jaguars

Last edited by a moderator:
SEPECAT%20Jaguar%20IS.jpg

You mean like this?

I have an important question regarding the air force. I am about to complete my Bachelors in Engineering, Electronics (specializing in Mechatronics). In today's (Sunday's) dawn newspaper, there is an ad for the 108 non-GD course and it states that persons with BE degrees can apply for Special Short Services Commission.

My question is, what is the scope for officers who've been granted special SSC? I know that such officers can be granted PC upon satisfactory performance (after how many years though?), but once the PC has been granted, are the career prospects the same as those of engineers who've graduated from Risalpur? Generally, what is the highest rank that persons who've been granted PC after entering the special SSC can attain? Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodore? or not even W/C?

I am highly interested in applying for the next non-GD course as a Special SSC candidate in the engineering branch. But starting out with a rank of Flying Officer at the age of 25-26 will only be worth it if in the future I can attain PC and then good career advancement is possible in the air force.

Those who know the answers, please help me out!

My question is, what is the scope for officers who've been granted special SSC?
You can join Engg branch, the work will be related to your field not of Aernautical Engg.

I know that such officers can be granted PC upon satisfactory performance (after how many years though?), but once the PC has been granted, are the career prospects the same as those of engineers who've graduated from Risalpur? Generally, what is the highest rank that persons who've been granted PC after entering the special SSC can attain? Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodore? or not even W/C?
If AF is impressed by your work, you wil get the offer to sign the bond within five years, else after seven years you'll be asked if you want to continue service or not...The highest rank for SSC Officers is Air Cdre, the highest post is ACAS....the extension of career depends on other situations in service, SSC Officers face promotion board for W/C and onwards ranks.

I am highly interested in applying for the next non-GD course as a Special SSC candidate in the engineering branch. But starting out with a rank of Flying Officer at the age of 25-26 will only be worth it if in the future I can attain PC and then good career advancement is possible in the air force.
Whats you age now? as i recall training period is 52weeks...once you are in AF, age is not an issue medical condition matters in later years. I know people who joined for SSC at age of 28/29..even one at 34, all are Sqn Ldrs now and doing great....Good luck!

Guys can some one list all air to air missles and air to ground missles and bombs that PAF carries in its inventory thought to have a list here would be nice thx.

I've got a question, may sound silly to the professionals. During the tensions following the Mumbai incident there were frequent incursions by the IAF. I've got it in my head that the PAF was flying J-5s or other low tech fighter at low altitudes near the border. A potential IAF incursion would be countered by them popping up and revealing themselves to discourage the fighters. Is this tactic viable or will the look-down-shoot-down capability of the radars pick them up from a distance

I've got a question, may sound silly to the professionals. During the tensions following the Mumbai incident there were frequent incursions by the IAF.

not several...just one or two. And they scurried away as fast as they tried coming in. A ''test'' of sorts which they learned the answer to quite quickly.

I've got it in my head that the PAF was flying J-5s or other low tech fighter at low altitudes near the border.

F-7PGs interceptors were dispatched and deployed

A-5s are only for ground attack roles. They were not used.

rest of your question i would leave to experts on it. There are methods, but you have to give scenario. You have within visual range and beyond visual range combat.

when the visual is established, many tactics cud be used depending on the situation....though once again, once the aircraft leaves Pakistani territory they can't really be fired upon --unless of course the countries are officially at war.

BVR for sure. Can the defending aircraft be detected and be successfully locked on to even with the ground clutter?

Guys can some one list all air to air missles and air to ground missles and bombs that PAF carries in its inventory thought to have a list here would be nice thx.

TG we have done this many times - just check the airforce monthly thread for it

Back
Top Bottom