What's new

Air Force Question Thread

The only problem is that I can’t get anymore info out of the guy. I see him every month because of my work but every time I ask him he starts to laugh and just dismisses the question.

Lavi or not the engineer said that mirage was use for R&D. The Chinese must have used the design in some way shape or forum.

Hi,

Thank you for your response---indeed the mirage was used for R&D---but in the end it was the Lavi design which got the nod for the J10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response---indeed the mirage was used for R&D---but in the end it was the Lavi design which got the nod for the J10.

I agree with you. But the Chinese have been testing canards delta fighter jets for a while. Take for instance j-9 it’s a “delta” and had prototypes with canards aswell. My theory is that j-10 is aindigenous design. Through year of cooperation with other countries and R&D

I agree with you. But the Chinese have been testing canards delta fighter jets for a while. Take for instance j-9 it’s a “delta” and had prototypes with canards aswell. My theory is that j-10 is aindigenous design. Through year of cooperation with other countries and R&D

Hi,

The secret to successful engineering technology is that when you have an original design available---there is no reason to build an indigenous design---.

That is the sole difference between success and failure---.

It doesn't make a difference whether Mirage or Lavi. If one wants to argue, on the subject and waste time, it can be debated the delta design was influenced from the cancelled Helwan HA-300. It goes like this.

Helwan HA-300 ----- Mirage -----Lavi (F-16+Mirage)

Its quite openly acknowledged Chinese got good access to Lavi technical information and if they are influenced by Lavi in their designs they automatically get mirage influence.

Infact if you think about it looks like Mig-21/J7/J8 took alot from this design as well.

German aircraft designer Willy Messerschmitt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helwan_HA-300
800px-HA-300_Front.jpg

800px-Helwan_H-300.svg.png

By the way Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Mirage V (serial# 87-119) on display at China Aviation Museum, Datangshan, Changping District of Beijing, China.
87-119_may24b.jpg

It doesn't make a difference whether Mirage or Lavi. If one wants to argue, on the subject and waste time, it can be debated the delta design was influenced from the cancelled Helwan HA-300. It goes like this.

Its quite openly acknowledged Chinese got good access to Lavi technical information and if they are influenced by Lavi in their designs they automatically get mirage influence.

Infact if you think about it looks like Mig-21/J7/J8 took alot from this design as well.

By the way Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Mirage V (serial# 87-119) on display at China Aviation Museum, Datangshan, Changping District of Beijing, China.
87-119_may24b.jpg
:disagree: lavi was more influence F-16 rather than Mirage

China was a partner in Lavi project @420canada

The only problem is that I can’t get anymore info out of the guy. I see him every month because of my work but every time I ask him he starts to laugh and just dismisses the question.

Lavi or not the engineer said that mirage was use for R&D. The Chinese must have used the design in some way shape or forum.
Hi my friend I’m not negating you knowledge from one of the pilot who flew j11 & j10 can you please let us know when he did that coz now j11 and j10 all are fly by wire thing one of the best
As they are assembling j10c and j11b so the pilot must have handled these may be at earlier stages of the j series assembled
Hope you can get some more good info on these jets from some senior members
Thank you
Ps MastanKhan or any other more literate member if possible to put up some more info about j10 or j11 will be a added bonus

Last edited:
Hi my friend I’m not negating you knowledge from one of the pilot who flew j11 & j10 can you please let us know when he did that coz now j11 and j10 all are fly by wire thing one of the best
As they are assembling j10c and j11b so the pilot must have handled these may be at earlier stages of the j series assembled
Hope you can get some more good info on these jets from some senior members
Thank you
Ps MastanKhan or any other more literate member if possible to put up some more info about j10 or j11 will be a added bonus
I will follow up on the fighter pilot. And update you guys.

Hi I have a question about PAF. Well, a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Did some of the Libyan Mirages get put into service?

2. PAF is using HMS with MAA-1A, and PL-9s. I understand this is not official but openly known. What other missile do they have which is unofficially known?

3. The R-darter was integrated with the Mirage and the F-7s. Were the missiles manufactured locally with SA help?

4. What were the local companies that took over the ROSE upgrades from the French? How successful were their subsystems?

5. What happened to the stealth Mirage III mods that supposedly penetrated indian airspace without detection? Was there ever any attempt to get LO capabilities for the JF-17 from this development?

Guys when PAF received 18 F-16s in mid 2000s, I heard they are maintained only by US technicians stationed at PAF base. Pakistani technicians are not trained to maintain them. Also these air crafts cannot be used in war without prior US permission. Does anyone has info on this?

Guys when PAF received 18 F-16s in mid 2000s, I heard they are maintained only by US technicians stationed at PAF base. Pakistani technicians are not trained to maintain them. Also these air crafts cannot be used in war without prior US permission. Does anyone has info on this?
Yes, you heard wrong on all accounts.

87-119_may24b.jpg

Just a gift to an aviation museum by Pakistan. The serial number is actually 67-119, which of course is made up, as only Mirage III EA #67-001 through 118 were ordered and operated by PAF. Also, this airframe is either an ex-French or ex-Libyan Mirage V variant.

China was a partner in Lavi project @420canada
Lavi was a project which my country was a partner in. When this fell apart due to appeasement to US by the respective Isreali Govt; it shattered many of my colleagues' dreams. It would have rivaled if not beaten F-16 hands down.
This later made its way over to China where it was resurrected in the form of J10. J10 is not indigenous to China; it has Lavi DNA.

To clarify - China inherited the designs and works much later. It was not a partner in the actual design. It was between IAI/Altas with bulk of the work being done at IAI. Project Cheetah was an interim gap measure until Lavi was to become available in quantity.

800px-HA-300_Front.jpg

87-119_may24b.jpg
Helwan is more toward Gnat fighter league.

Last edited:
Is PAF still looking for these stuffs?
  • AJT (Other than JF-17B)
  • New IJT in a small number (Other than K-8)
  • New Basic Trainer in a small number (Other than Super Mushak)
  • Support Spares for T-37s
  • UAVs from EU & other countries
  • New & Used Helicopters

Back
Top Bottom