What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Look at the right thighs of the pilots.

309124_490831630928995_2025699708_n.jpg

The man in the centre is Maj Bari shaheed, in that Bell-412 crash in water.

usually, pilots from 404 group carry firearms, 202 no too much.

Look at the right thighs of the pilots.

309124_490831630928995_2025699708_n.jpg

The man in the centre is Maj Bari shaheed, in that Bell-412 crash in water.

usually, pilots from 404 group carry firearms, 202 no too much.

The pilots were Major Zahid Bari and Captain Ahmad.

He was not flying a Bell 412 but a Schweizer that crashed.

The pilots were Major Zahid Bari and Captain Ahmad.

He was not flying a Bell 412 but a Schweizer that crashed.

Woops, yeah, schweizer.

The thing to look at was the firearm as a member questioned.

Can Jf-17/F-16 perform the Cobra Maneuver?

I know its not that important in actual combat, but curiosity gets the best of you.

^^ nope , it will need TVC for that

its important in a2a combat , when the enemy is on your tail, u can do the cobra maneuver and after that the enemy will have you on his tail

^^ nope , it will need TVC for that

its important in a2a combat , when the enemy is on your tail, u can do the cobra maneuver and after that the enemy will have you on his tail

Its a nice move.. especially to appeal the crowd.
It can be countered if the pilot knows what he's doing. It's like any other move in dogfighting.

i saw some footage of a J-10a doing something similar, and it doesn't have thrust vectoring..
Thats why i was curious, yeah i thought of the TVC engine.

Its a nice move.. especially to appeal to the crowd.
It can be countered if the pilot knows what he's doing. It's like any other move in dogfighting.

i saw some footage of a J-10a doing something similar, and it doesn't have thrust vectoring..
Thats why i was curious, yeah i thought of the TVC engine.

can u give the link of the video?

can u give the link of the video?

I been and still am searching

Also.. if a plane has a thrust to weight ratio of above 1..

It should be able to go straight up correct..

If so.. thats basically what thrust vectoring is.. but the tricky part is keeping the Jet at the same altitude while performing the maneuver.

I been and still am searching

Also.. if a plane has a thrust to weight ratio of above 1..

It should be able to go straight up correct..

If so.. thats basically what thrust vectoring is.. but the tricky part is keeping the Jet at the same altitude while performing the maneuver.

i dont think the j10 has enough thrust to do that , i saw only dual engine planes with TVC do that

that maneuver must be done in the shortest amount of time in order to surprise the enemy, in order to achieve that precious time , the plane must have a high rate of climb ,and that is achieved by TC engines ,sure the maneuver can be done in other planes aswell but the cobra loop will be large because a non TVC engine will have less rate of climb

I can't find the video.. but it was something like this F-14 is doing.. it doesn't have the TVC engines either..

I have come to conclude the J10, and this F-14 is just going through stress tests on the airframe. Thats what i saw.. it looks very similar no doubt.

Cheers mate.

i dont think the j10 has enough thrust to do that , i saw only dual engine planes with TVC do that

the F-14.. has a T/W ratio of below 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find the video.. but it was something like this F-14 is doing.. it doesn't have the TVC engines either..

I have come to conclude the J10, and this F-14 is just going through stress tests on the airframe. Thats what i saw.. it looks very similar no doubt.

Cheers mate.

thats a cobra dude :agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a cobra dude :agree:

self delete.. miss understanding on my part xD

Yeah, it is

Notice it gains altitude while it performs the maneuver though.

Thats the difference of a jet performing this move compared to a jet with TVC engine.

Lol, dude its not a cobra.. that is an F-14.. look at

0:08.. the back of the jet..

and

0:09.. it has the USAF logo on the jet.

i know its tomcat , see my previous post i said any plane can do cobra but the maneuver is effective if u do it in the shortest possible amount of time

self delete.. miss understanding on my part xD

Yeah, it is

Notice it gains altitude while it performs the maneuver though.

Thats the difference of a jet performing this move compared to a jet with TVC engine.

i see :3

i know its tomcat , see my previous post i said any plane can do cobra but the maneuver is effective if u do it in the shortest possible amount of time

I read the posts.. since i posted the original question.

Please.. show me where, because i don't see it.. unless you edit it now..

I read the posts.. since i posted the original question.

Please.. show me where, because i don't see it.. unless you edit it now..

lol i edited it :lol:

hold on ill give the cocept if i can find it on net

Now learn how the thrust-vectoring nozzle is controlled?

Presumably, the nozzle sense is controlled by the avionics inside it, right? But it is the pilot who is given a direct feed on the nozzle angle? Because maneuvers like the Pugachev's Cobra supermaneuvers are too complex to fathom.

Pugachev's Cobra or dynamic braking is a maneuver in which within 3-4 seconds, the nose of the aircraft is pulled up to high angles of attack (80°-110°) and then returned to normal horizontal flight. This causes intensive loss of airspeed. You can execute this maneuver from level flight at various altitudes and at indicated airspeeds of 350-450 kilometers per hour.

In level flight at the appropriate entry speed of 350 to 450 km/h, disable the AOA limiter. Execute the cobra by pulling the stick fully aft. As the nose reaches the vertical (pointed straight up) allow the stick to go to neutral and let the nose fall back down to level flight. Smoothly increase thrust towards the end of the maneuver. The AOA limiter will automatically re-engage after executing the cobra.

source is Sukhoi Su-30 MKI - Purpose of Thrust Vectoring

it basically explains how the maneuver work, now if we do that in a non tvc engine aircraft, it will take more time for the aircraft to complete the maneuver

Back
Top Bottom