What's new

Air Commodore (R) Kaiser Tufail explains the Su-35S offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pengiu
@TOPGUN
I think people like Kaiser Tufail and other retired people from Pakistan Armed forces, agencies and police should join this forum. Also @Defence.pk should take initiative to bring such people to the forum as regular members.

I think there is a clear need of about 50-60 SU-35s for PNAF and also if possible then more P-3Cs, used ATR-72s, used Sea Kings and UAVs. PN can easily give away the OHP as they are already in the process of getting or building 4 F-22P Block-IIs and later 4 F-22P Block-IIIs along with some 6-8 S-20P Block-Is and about 12 Azmat FAC till 2022.

Also for PAA, they should place a clear order of about 30 Mi-35 Hinds and also ask Muslim countries supply them with used Mi-17s and Puma Class helicopters @ Cheap rates. As PAA has the capability to upgrade both Mi-17s, Puma and other helicopters with latest avionics and sub systems.

im in regular contact with him.....he does certainly support the idea of inducting a twin engine aircraft like the aforementioned....especially to defend and project power along Arabian Sea where twin engine aircraft would be required for that role not to mention ability to carry more armaments, bigger radar and a good ECM suite. He gave me a good list of pros and cons about inducting new platforms, the pros outweight the cons

Retired for some time but he very much keeps up to date and his analyses are always bang-on point
Honestly sir Kaiser is one of the kindest, humblest people I met. Most of all, he's forthright with his views and doesn't sugarcoat things, e.g. the seriousness of the MKI, non-issue of Tejas, technical value of F-16 vs political risks, the JF-17 being the right fit for PAF but not something one would compare to Typhoon/Rafale, etc.

@Pengiu
@TOPGUN
I think people like Kaiser Tufail and other retired people from Pakistan Armed forces, agencies and police should join this forum. Also @Defence.pk should take initiative to bring such people to the forum as regular members.

I think there is a clear need of about 50-60 SU-35s for PNAF and also if possible then more P-3Cs, used ATR-72s, used Sea Kings and UAVs. PN can easily give away the OHP as they are already in the process of getting or building 4 F-22P Block-IIs and later 4 F-22P Block-IIIs along with some 6-8 S-20P Block-Is and about 12 Azmat FAC till 2022.

Also for PAA, they should place a clear order of about 30 Mi-35 Hinds and also ask Muslim countries supply them with used Mi-17s and Puma Class helicopters @ Cheap rates. As PAA has the capability to upgrade both Mi-17s, Puma and other helicopters with latest avionics and sub systems.
If they read your posts and wishlists they will be permanently damaged. So best for them to keep away. You dont know what a stain you are on the coronaries of the senior posters of this forum.And if it isnt enough you want to invite more senior people in.
A

Thanks, great read. Would add:

a. PAF has always maintained a "quality" edge over opponents in terms of training.
b. Man matters more than machine. Skills of pilot can compensate, superiority of plane.
c. Today, bcz of JF-17s, first time we can have matching "numbers".
d. WWII: Germans didn't win campaigns bcz of just strategy, they had numbers to back them up.
e. Pakistan is growing, 1 of the biggest countries, facing bigger enemies, thus need a bigger Air Force.
f. With China no one can match our cost of producing quality planes. It's just a beginning.
g. For Air Superiority too we should look Far East.
h. Today plane tech & specs are not much secret, that we must have it. We have a flavor in China.
i. Greatest art of war is to win without fighting. Quality & numbers will do this job.
j. Let India go for F-35 which is by experts a terrible plane. :) Must see:
- Runaway Fighter (Documentary Canada)
- Reach for the Sky (Documentary Australia)

All this statements about "quality edge" reminds me of 1 soldier == 10 enemy soldiers propaganda from a while ago
Do have any hard data to back it up ?

Su-35. in PAF .? It will good for Pakistan air force .in History Pakistani Pilots fly and fight with Russian mig21 Fighters and won against hunter an Mirages 1973 we have great Examples.

Su-35. in PAF .? It will good for Pakistan air force .in History Pakistani Pilots fly and fight with Russian mig21 Fighters and won against hunter an Mirages 1973 we have great Examples.

Look like you were in time warp. The speculation has end. No Su35 in Pakistani AF.

And which war in 1973? I don't recall Pakistan figting any war in 1973

Look like you were in time warp. The speculation has end. No Su35 in Pakistani AF.

And which war in 1973? I don't recall Pakistan figting any war in 1973
Isolated instances of PAF pilots fighting with Arab forces during the Yom Kippur conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom