What's new

Air chief witnesses live missile firing of JF-17 Thunder

Lol its my country and I own it more than those who show up after living their childhood somewhere else.

I don't really have an opinion on the rest of what you two are talking about but I disagree with this bit.

Anyone who holds a passport is an equal citizen. We all want a society without the division by wealth, religion, ethnicity... we shouldn't tolerate new forms of division like snobbery over how "Pakistani" someone is. It's bullshit.

How this aircraft got final operational clearance earlier without even successfully firing a BVR missile???

I don't really have an opinion on the rest of what you two are talking about but I disagree with this bit.

Anyone who holds a passport is an equal citizen. We all want a society without the division by wealth, religion, ethnicity... we shouldn't tolerate new forms of division like snobbery over how "Pakistani" someone is. It's bullshit.

That was just a reply to the "How have you personally contributed to Pakistan. What have you done that you can sit at home and criticise everything".

Wasn't serious.

Putting Pakistan down? Lol its my country and I own it more than those who show up after living their childhood somewhere else. Sorry for being personal a bit. I am free to criticize the institutions which lack the credibility to safeguard my airspace. Who are appointed for the job but not staying up on their role let it be politician or some air chief. All of those are Pakistanis and there is no exception into the nature. Mind it kid, I cannot act like a pigeon and say "Aaal iz Well".

Please do not come up with "Politicians kuch karne nai dete" masalah. If you can't have authority or not being able to act against the aggressors. Simply resign.

Salala, Abbotabad and these Drones. Ghar men saja ke rakhne ke liye banayi hai ye technology?
You mean like Dr qadir showed up and gave us the atomic bomb.
Like Muhammad Ali Jinnah that gave you Pakistan.

For God sake man. What are you talking about and then to say
You own it. My dear you probably just about own your house like the vast majority of us.
You can criticise but so negative ??? And with every topic?

Once again what have you done for Pakistan. I asked this question before and you haven't even addressed it

Those that stayed in Pakistan gave us Zardari the Bhutto the nawaz sharif corruption ..... I could go on but I am sure you get the picture

Regarding doing a job. When you elect assholes who give order to the military without which orders they cannot move else it's mutiny who's fault is it......I guess those that just turn up.

Six sqn so the 2017 lot from pac had made it to paf just the. Official ceremony pending

You mean like Dr qadir showed up and gave forbthe atomic bomb.
Like Muhammad Ali Jinnah that gave you Pakistan.

For God sake man. Whatvareyou talking about and then to say
You own it. My dear you probably just about own your house like the vast majority of us.
You can criticise but so negative.

Once again what have you done for Pakistan. I asked this question before and you haven't even addressed it

Those that stayed in Pakistan gave us Zardari the Bhutto the nawaz sharif corruption ..... I could go on but I am sure you get the picture

Regarding doing a job. When you elect assholes who give order to the military without which orders they cannot move else it's mutiny who's fault is it......I guess those that just turn up.

That statement was merely idiotic of mine, am sorry for that. But I don't need to address your question regarding the services of mine towards my country. I don't know yours and you don't know mine. Apart from that, a single individual who pays tax holds the right to question every damn person out there. I repeat, whether a General or a Politician. I don't care whoever it is. Take examples of Brigadier Tirmazi who simply resigned from the ISI due to political intervention. Then Tattoos like Brigadier Billa were appointed on his job. So if an Air Chief can't perform his duty due to pressure or whatever the reason. Simply resign and let the world know why!

We lacked balls at that time too. We still lack balls, even I do. We as a nation are rubbish. We are busy killing each other while the enemy laughs at us.
Sorry but I think you are talking about yourself here.
I see Pakistan that was on the bink of collapse with enemies all around and within.
It's managed to defeat the enemy within aka the TTP supported by India and USA with a goal of surrendering nukes
A nation that had no industry now produces everything from missile to tanks and planes and can even putvtogather totally destroyed awacs.
A country that is growing economically and militarily.
Yes we have faults but who doesn't.
You should address your own faults first and then do something foe your family and country instead of just having a go at Pakistan. Until you contribute you cannot criticise those that are dying for us everyday on our borders.
If anything criticise the effing politicians foe being cowards and subservient to money

How this aircraft got final operational clearance earlier without even successfully firing a BVR missile???
Thinking should read the article again

Sorry but I think you are talking about yourself here.
I see Pakistan that was on the bink of collapse with enemies all around and within.
It's managed to defeat the enemy within aka the TTP supported by India and USA with a goal of surrendering nukes
A nation that had no industry now produces everything from missile to tanks and planes and can even putvtogather totally destroyed awacs.
A country that is growing economically and militarily.
Yes we have faults but who doesn't.
You should address your own faults first and then do something foe your family and country instead of just having a go at Pakistan. Until you contribute you cannot criticise those that are dying for us everyday on our borders.
If anything criticise the effing politicians foe being cowards and subservient to money

You have seen nothing yet. How old are you? You haven't traveled to the dark side. It'll take some time though :)

That was just a reply to the "How have you personally contributed to Pakistan. What have you done that you can sit at home and criticise everything".

Wasn't serious.

Wasn't serious......who are you kidding???

You have seen nothing yet. How old are you? You haven't traveled to the dark side. It'll take some time though :)
I think I just got your measure.

That statement was merely idiotic of mine, am sorry for that. But I don't need to address your question regarding the services of mine towards my country. I don't know yours and you don't know mine. Apart from that, a single individual who pays tax holds the right to question every damn person out there. I repeat, whether a General or a Politician. I don't care whoever it is. Take examples of Brigadier Tirmazi who simply resigned from the ISI due to political intervention. Then Tattoos like Brigadier Billa were appointed on his job. So if an Air Chief can't perform his duty due to pressure or whatever the reason. Simply resign and let the world know why!

Well it takes guts to say you made a mistake. Respect. You have a lovely day. I guess you are as pissed as the rest of us.

@snow lake & @Mini Tank , would you please be kind enough to take this back-and-forth derailment elsewhere?

I saw the news a few hours ago and I think that PAF is just show-casing JF-17 when there really is no need to do so. JF-17 already shot down a drone many months ago. We have also seen pictures of missile tests a number of years ago. The reason could be to give a message and to reassure the public after recent developments (interview of Minister of Defense Khurram Dastagir Khan in a story published a week ago, drone attack a few days ago, etc...).

So, it just ends up being a feel good news of very little substance.

Thinking should read the article again
I read the article... It's full of confusion...

Read the title of below articles about the same topic...

Pakistan successfully test-fires ‘beyond visual range’ missile from JF-17 Thunder
https://tribune.com.pk/story/162498...es-beyond-visual-range-missile-jf-17-thunder/

VIDEO: Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder makes history by successfully hitting its target with Beyond Visual Range infra-red air-to-air missile
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/hea...nd-visual-range-infra-red-air-to-air-missile/

@snow lake & @Mini Tank , would you please be kind enough to take this back-and-forth derailment elsewhere?

I saw the news a few hours ago and I think that PAF is just show-casing JF-17 when there really is no need to do so. JF-17 already shot down a drone many months ago. We have also seen pictures of missile tests a number of years ago. The reason could be to give a message and to reassure the public after recent developments (interview of Minister of Defense Khurram Dastagir Khan in a story published a week ago, drone attack a few days ago, etc...).

So, it just ends up being a feel good news of very little substance.
Must be the new IR seeker fitted to an existing BVR.
The show off was of the new test range and equipment for tracking.

THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE > PAKISTAN

SHARE TWEET
Pakistan successfully test-fires ‘beyond visual range’ missile from JF-17 Thunder
By APP
Published: February 2, 2018
47SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1624982-jfthunderx-1517586584-555-640x480.jpg

File photo of a Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder. PHOTO: PPI

KARACHI: It was a landmark occasion for Pakistan Air Force (PAF) as well as the whole nation, when the indigenously produced JF-17 Thunder shot down a slow speed target with BVR (Beyond Visual Range) and IR (Infrared) missile with a pin-point accuracy at Sonmiani firing range on Friday.

Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman witnessed the live demonstration, displaying PAF’s capability to successfully locate and destroy high/ slow speed moving targets by employing high-tech inventory of aircraft and missiles, said a PAF press release.

Addressing the ceremony, the air chief said, “We are thankful to Allah Almighty who has given us the strength to achieve this extraordinary milestone. The successful testing of these sophisticated weapons is a testimony of JF-17 Thunder’s multirole capabilities.”

jf17-1517586647.jpg

PHOTO: INP

He said it was a matter of immense pride that six PAF fighter squadrons had already been equipped with the pride of the nation JF-17 Thunder aircraft, making it the backbone of our aerial defence.

The air chief also lauded the hard work put in by PAF and Chinese personnel in making the event a success.

16 new JF-17 Thunder jets added to PAF 14-Squadron

“The day marked a monumental episode in the glorious history of PAF as a state-of-the-art Weapon Test Range has been made operational to track the complete trajectory of the aircraft and launched missiles,” read the press release.

The facility, developed in collaboration with Chinese authorities, is equipped with real time tracking and measuring equipment to qualify the indigenously developed and procured weapon systems.

Earlier, Air Vice Marshal Haseeb Paracha, Air Officer Commanding, Southern Air Command received the chief guest on his arrival at the venue. High ranking PAF officers along with civil and military officials also witnessed this historic event.

Read more: JF-17 Thunder , Latest , Pakistan Air Force

Back
Top Bottom