What's new

AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) news

‘’each member will get one vote irrespective of their share. That is the general principle‘’

sound familiar!
it is managment, not democracy; maybe not confirmed the structure of decision making, but China will be dominant that is why THE US don't want to join. and posted fake news:

Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying's Regular Press Conference on March 25, 2015

Q: It is reported that China tried to earn the support of more European countries by promising not to hold any power of veto in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Can you confirm that?

A: I believe that the Ministry of Finance will give an authoritative answer to the question, since it is the competent authorities in charge of the AIIB issue. I understand that all parties are consulting with each other on the charter of the AIIB which covers the decision-making mechanism and allocation of shares. The AIIB initiative is made to promote mutual benefits and complement the current international economic order. A brand-new multilateral development institution will be established in an open, transparent and effective manner. Members of the AIIB will be categorized into those in the region and outside the region. With the gradual increase of its members, the ratio of shares held by each and every member will decrease as a result. The notion of China seeking for or giving up the veto power in the AIIB does not make sense.

The initial design is limited to Asia, now more and more other nation are joining, especially with Russia, this new institution will be a formidable counter weigh to World Bank and IMF politically. US can kiss and said good bye to their unique privilege to manipulate and control World bank with it veto power, reversely US has zero power in AIIB...not even a single voice. Americans want to play zero sum game by excluding China from TTP, now we return them some favor...there still alot of fun to come...

Undo World bank, IMF and ADB 's dictatorship privileges is a must and it's good that China take some initiatives to fix the world's problem.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew is holding discussions over the US‘ joining AIIB as a founding member with his Chinese counterpart FM Lou Jiwei。:enjoy:

it will be fiaso if US keep dragging until the last minutes to annonce to join AIIB and keep Japan out of it.:lol:

Some time I'm wondering if Japan is a souvereign nation?? it seems that it doesn't act like one on this affaire, there is no need for Japan to wait for US's nod to jump into this AIIB train

Last edited:
This is good. I wonder why the US has a chip on its shoulder. They have financed some really sick people over the years for strategic reasons.

Just beyond my imagination......so many countries have joined. I don't know how much pressure US lays on Japan, but since CN-JP-KR FTA has shrunk to CN-KR FTA due to US pressure, if Japan again gets left out, then there will be a great loss for both AIIB and Japan. What do you think @Nihonjin1051 ?

very possible this time , Japan will be sold by its master.

if US took part in, meaning it compromised, this is also a sign that the world will start to wonder whether the rules of the game is changed, the United States began to lose control of the original rules?

The investment bank is an investment bank, there is a return on investment, although relatively low, but also return!This is China's first line of make money.

Second, infrastructure construction, highway, railway, building buildings, ports, which country is good at such building? Then there is the export of Chinese's high-end equipment, such as high-speed trains, such as nuclear power plants, this is the second Chinese money.

third, China is now facing the serious problem of the excess capacity, real estate related industries as well, now we can use this capacity to Asia infrastruction, this is the third way of making money.

fourth, good Infrastructure in other developing countries facilitates local economy in long-term, promotes the economic growth, in return demands more goods from China, this is the fourth China to earn money.

Russia was already appointed with the elite membership in the AIIB long before the European nations.

However, if Russia has announced its membership too early, then this bank could likely be shunned by Europe because of the current strained relationship between the EU and Russia.

BTW, now the political tension between the EU and Russia has the chance to be fully solved thanks to the AIIB (soon becoming the WIIB in the near future).

SL after India,Russia & Brazil only SA is left to join AIIB

Just beyond my imagination......so many countries have joined. I don't know how much pressure US lays on Japan, but since CN-JP-KR FTA has shrunk to CN-KR FTA due to US pressure, if Japan again gets left out, then there will be a great loss for both AIIB and Japan. What do you think @Nihonjin1051 ?

Agreed Japan looses since close US allies like UK & France are also joining
Also can you post the proposed voting share of all the members here

Back
Top Bottom