What's new

AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) news

Just beyond my imagination......so many countries have joined. I don't know how much pressure US lays on Japan, but since CN-JP-KR FTA has shrunk to CN-KR FTA due to US pressure, if Japan again gets left out, then there will be a great loss for both AIIB and Japan. What do you think @Nihonjin1051 ?

There are opportunities to be had in the AIIB, and I personally wish Japan to seize this initiative. Japan MUST join this apparatus.

Japan split on joining AIIB bank, caught between US, China - Channel NewsAsia

Last edited:
Germany
Austria
Swiss
Louxembourg
France
Britain

Lol thats basically they entire money pot of Europe in an "Asian" Infrastructure Investment Bank

And poor Japan. They may end up singled out with North Korea from global party because of their servedom to Americans...

Germany
Austria
Swiss
Louxembourg
France
Britain

Lol thats basically they entire money pot of Europe in an "Asian" Infrastructure Investment Bank

And poor Japan. They may end up singled out with North Korea from global party because of their servedom to Americans...

Sadly there is truth to what you're saying. In the event our leadership fails to seize this opportunity. Literally, we will be sitting in the side lines with the North Koreans and the Americans.

How ironic it would be, tho, if the US joins at the last minute. lol.

:p::angry:

Sadly there is truth to what you're saying. In the event our leadership fails to seize this opportunity. Literally, we will be sitting in the side lines with the North Koreans and the Americans.

:p::angry:

I just don't hope Japan to be left out of AIIB it's after an Asian country and a key player of the region, dont just following US blindly.

I don't know if it violates any sanctions. If it doesn't Iran will be also a member. I guess the sanctions are the reason we haven't joined yet.

Thanks buddy. On that note, I do hope the sanctions can be removed --- Iran has to be reunited into the Family of Nations. And Soon. There's a massive investment potential in Iran....all 80 million of her. :)

Not to mention you guys have the world's 2nd largest Natural Gas Reserves and i think the 3rd largest reserves of petroleum.... ;) ;)

Australia will formally apply to join the AIIB as a founding member tomorrow 29.03.2015.

Thank you @cirr. I can go to sleep peacefully tonight. :D
As I understand, those Aussie ministers dealing with Finance & Trade wanted to join AIIB but those dealing with security weren't too keen initially. But let's be pragmatic, without money there is no security. You need to have money first before other things.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew is holding discussions over the US‘ joining AIIB as a founding member with his Chinese counterpart FM Lou Jiwei。:enjoy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I suggest that China don't :welcome: the US, but tell them it is now:closed:.:lol:
Didn't the US accuse UK of "constant accommodation" of China, but now the US is in the same boat. It's the classic of "the pot calling the kettle black."

Denmark is in。:D

Again, you are the first to announce it here.

Last edited:
Wait a sec! That could really happen..Jack Lew will visit China during 30-31 and something tells me selling US bond won't be his No.1 priority

Maybe he will find a way for US Japan and Canada to join AIIB as a package deal,with strings attached of course,American style:usflag:. And China will most likely say no:china:

Yeah, I was also pretty shocked to learn this news, and most of us didn't expect that the UK was the first western nation to join.

Actually you shouldnt be that surprised my nationalistic Chinese friend. There are many things you dont know about the U.K. We always look after our interests irregardless of what others might think, we dont give a ****. We are still allkiied with the U.S though, and joining this Bank wont change that for the foreseeable future. We are allies as well because it serves our interests by having the U.S as the worlds sole superpower and a close ally. So dont mistake that for something else. That doesnt means we wont make decisions that we think will best suite our interests.:) You should by now that we are the best strategists in this world even today. Afterall how do you think a small islands of few tens of millions managed to ruled half the world and even colonised/ruled a billion plus country like India, parts off the Americas, seized/defeated China and ruled hong kong and much of Asian countries Asia etc? loool

So keep calm and carry on, and dont get ahead of yourselves by claiming the U.S is going to collapse or lose all its allies/influence in Asia, it wont, the only difference is that China will grow more stronger and try to claim some pace for itself. But the U.S will still remain the dominant power in Asia for a long time to come IMO.baring a major revolution in Asia which i dont see happening anytime soon(since many Asian countries seem to look towards the U.S for protection than otherwise.lol). So yes this is just a small step or small chinese drop in a big U.S ocean.:) China still have long way to be able to really challenge U.S/western dominance in Asia, much less the world. But i believe China is heading in the right direction though, it still has a huge potential, case in point if China was to achieve even half what its Confucian east Asian peers like Japan and South Korea have achived then in terms of productivity per head then it will have at least twice U.S GDP. So still a longgg way to go to reach that true potential.:)

Back
Top Bottom